Proposal: NYR & ARI

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
He's not likely to be protected, salary demands are too high, available replacement and poor attitude. NYR need a high end 2C and offering enough incentive will get this done.

Hahahaha. You severely overvalue prospects and then use this logic to defend it? 24 year old 50 point defenders do not grow on trees. Especially one that was on pace for about 65 points this year. He would be traded, but the Rangers aren’t adding a 1st and another prospect to get a PROSPECT who has played 20 or so NHL games.

Get real.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He's not likely to be protected, salary demands are too high, available replacement and poor attitude. NYR need a high end 2C and offering enough incentive will get this done.
If signed, he's very likely to be protected unless you see us trading for a D-man worth protecting. Currently, we have 3 players on D that we're protecting and he's one of them.

Unless you're talking about Arizona's perspective, but the ending of your post seemed like the other direction.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Hayton not worth -- would depend on how he pans out, and this is 5OA talent in an area not surplus like RD.
As to all yr props. ... that is unsubstantiated.

A 5OA value, exp dr exempt, on elc, is not too shabby, especially if this is a possible pivot or top 6 F.
Sure, it is not 5OA pick it is a guy taken 5OA.
And it is 5OA from whatev draft not as strong as this draft.
But that is IRRELEVANT.
Regardless of value, due to exp dr, salary cap, internal budget concerns, this that or the other thing, are any of OTT, ANA, NJ etc offering us that pick for ADeA+?
I'm waiting......
... in the words of John Belushi, nnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It is not just value it is also currency we would be using.
ADA is surplus.
End of story, he has to go, whether sooner or later, only ? is what is best return.

I am NOT saying this is the best use of those assets.
That requires scrutiny of all other options.
Just sayin this is a profitable deal for NY.
Risk yes, but appreciable enuf upside.

As to 7OA Lias, we all know he was a reach, and should have been taken closer to 18OA.
He is nothing except a motor; no skill to speak of.
Now, if in last few weeks he has learned to skate, which remains to be seen at NHL level, terrif, I still don't want to protect him in exp dr.
So what is yr prob?
And where do you think most people thought Hayton should have been selected? 10-13 most likely.

"Remember, Hajek was lights out awesome 5 games, got shoulder separation, kayoed rest of that yr, has been not best handled since."

Remember, Hajek was flat out terrible prior to that. I also wouldn't use "lights out awesome' to describe those 5 games.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
More profitable is to get fair if not full market value, then have protection for Hajek, if he bounces back, or flexibility if he does not.

Remember, Hajek was lights out awesome 5 games, got shoulder separation, kayoed rest of that yr, has been not best handled since.

We could deal with that at a later date if it happens.

We would still have the trade deadline and if anything, pay Seattle to not take Hajek with a draft pick.

I would gladly take that problem.

I just don't want to deal ADA for 75 cents on the dollar

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
You think the Rangers need a 2C? Well Arizona needs a 1C and a 2C worse than you need a 2C. You have more prospects, drafts picks, tradeable assets, and cash to fill that hole than Arizona does. So from that point of view, imagine what Hayton is worth to Arizona.
upload_2020-9-24_23-10-24.gif

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We could deal with that at a later date if it happens.

We would still have the trade deadline and if anything, pay Seattle to not take Hajek with a draft pick.

I would gladly take that problem.

I just don't want to deal ADA for 75 cents on the dollar

Agree w/the bold not so much the rest.
A reasonably high threshold of market value is adequate.
Thinking more like betw. 85-105 cents on the dollar.

But don't hold on to him too long to squeeze an extra MAYBE 2 cents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad