Proposal: NYR & ARI

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Not a bad NYR offer, don’t expect AZ to spend the money. They also have cap problems.

That’s dogshit for the Rangers. I wouldn’t add to DeAngelo. I don’t care if they’re not moving Hayton. The principal of dealing a 24 year old 50 point defenseman and people expecting the team with the proven product to add on top of that to get a prospect that’s only a few years younger and has minimal NHL experience is peak HF delusion/obsession with prospects.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Is he exp dr exempt?

Rangers offer
Deangelo
Lias
Reunanen
and 2021 1st NYR unprotected

for

former 1st round 5OA Hayton
giphy (30).gif
giphy (30).gif

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
You think the Rangers need a 2C? Well Arizona needs a 1C and a 2C worse than you need a 2C. You have more prospects, drafts picks, tradeable assets, and cash to fill that hole than Arizona does. So from that point of view, imagine what Hayton is worth to Arizona.

Reactions: rt and _Del_

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What a shock. Bern giving way a ton of our future for a guy that has 4 points in 20 NHL games. Please. Rangers have a 20 year old center that also sucks on faceoffs but has accomplished a ton more than Hayton in the NHL already. His name is Chytil.

I agree that at present, no ?, Chytil is worth more than Hayton.
That's not the pt.
Pt is, we have
- cap reality
- surplus vets whose mins HAVE to go to emerging talent, hence, Buch, Dea, Strome, buh bye, and mins for Kakko, Chytil, Kravtsov, Gauthier and initially emerging LDs but then Nils L.
- exp dr considerations

so when you are objective about it, the ?s are:
- does NY get more by dealing a la carte?
- if no, what is the assessment of Hayton? how close is he to Anderson/Strome when first drafted on one end or potentially Zib/Schiefle on the other?

It is not clear, answer to that last ?
Sure would have preferred to pay less or get Cychrun in the deal, but again, what is NYR giving up that it can't really afford?
And for a guy 5OA level possibilities?

Zibanejad and Panarin just had career years. Is that going to be close to normal for them going forward? If not, who's picking up that production, our #1 overall pick - Lafreniere? Kakko?

Fox had an amazing year but what happens if he takes a step back during his sophomore year?

Is DeAngelo being traded / is he going to maintain that production on the backend for us?

While we're trending in the right direction a slight setback and we're a bottom lottery team. An unprotected first is off the table for 2021.

I think barring injury, IF we do as I suggest, trim excess vets, play the kids, allow the kids to get comfy with reps on the same lines pairings as much as possible, I see an emerging team in the 16-22 slotting.
We are getting a 5OA on an elc upfront.
Why is that not worth a late 1st?

Also, we should also be thinking more outside the box.
Maybe we get Hayton, and depending on how much we like him, flip him to a team like ANA for their selection and use it on LD Sanderson.

Not a bad NYR offer, don’t expect AZ to spend the money. They also have cap problems.
bold: thanks
underline:
expect Deangelo to be 4.5 ish x 2 due to covid.
AZ can swing that
Lias = elc
prospect and pick are cheap.
By time covid is over with and Deangelo's follow up deal is 2m more or so, yotes will be out of AZ w/more financial security or they will have dealt him.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Arizona basically ruins every offensive prospect they have going back to coach Tipcrap. When they actually hire a real coach who understands how to develop offensive talent, then they won't suck.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I agree that at present, no ?, Chytil is worth more than Hayton.
That's not the pt.
Pt is, we have
- cap reality
- surplus vets whose mins HAVE to go to emerging talent, hence, Buch, Dea, Strome, buh bye, and mins for Kakko, Chytil, Kravtsov, Gauthier and initially emerging LDs but then Nils L.
- exp dr considerations

so when you are objective about it, the ?s are:
- does NY get more by dealing a la carte?
- if no, what is the assessment of Hayton? how close is he to Anderson/Strome when first drafted on one end or potentially Zib/Schiefle on the other?

It is not clear, answer to that last ?
Sure would have preferred to pay less or get Cychrun in the deal, but again, what is NYR giving up that it can't really afford?
And for a guy 5OA level possibilities?

I think barring injury, IF we do as I suggest, trim excess vets, play the kids, allow the kids to get comfy with reps on the same lines pairings as much as possible, I see an emerging team in the 16-22 slotting.
We are getting a 5OA on an elc upfront.
Why is that not worth a late 1st?

Also, we should also be thinking more outside the box.
Maybe we get Hayton, and depending on how much we like him, flip him to a team like ANA for their selection and use it on LD Sanderson.

bold: thanks
underline:
expect Deangelo to be 4.5 ish x 2 due to covid.
AZ can swing that
Lias = elc
prospect and pick are cheap.
By time covid is over with and Deangelo's follow up deal is 2m more or so, yotes will be out of AZ w/more financial security or they will have dealt him.
There's a different between worth a late first + assets, and worth a lottery. If we do as you say and let "kids get comfy", we're probably not finishing 16-22. The 2021 will not be unprotected.

Reactions: bernmeister

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This would only make sense if the Coyotes were competing for the Cup and the Rangers were in full rebuild and the Coyotes were willing to give futures for a star player.

Neither team is quite in that situation.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
As a Rangers fan, I'd want Dvorak more. But obviously that ain't happening either lol.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Arizona is up against the cap

They aren’t trading 5OA for spare parts.
lol "spare parts" and they're not trading the 5th overall pick, they're trading Hayton, who is worth less than that.

Anyway, not interested, and it doesn't really make sense for Arizona either.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There's a different between worth a late first + assets, and worth a lottery. If we do as you say and let "kids get comfy", we're probably not finishing 16-22. The 2021 will not be unprotected.

I gave yr post the like it deserved.
However, I disagree to extent we can let kids get comfy AND finish 16-22 barring injury.

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
Dude, what is in the water that you drink? Hayton is not worth all of those players let alone throwing in a first. I don’t care if they’re coming off an expiring contract. There really is something wrong with all of your proposals.

Is he exp dr exempt?

Rangers offer
Deangelo
Lias
Reunanen
and 2021 1st NYR unprotected

for

former 1st round 5OA Hayton

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Arizona is up against the cap

They aren’t trading 5OA for spare parts.
Dude just finished 4th in scoring for defensemen = spare parts

Also it’s not #5OV, it’s a kid who was taken #5OV. And even if that were you logic, Andersson is also a “#7OA”.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
That’s dogshit for the Rangers. I wouldn’t add to DeAngelo. I don’t care if they’re not moving Hayton. The principal of dealing a 24 year old 50 point defenseman and people expecting the team with the proven product to add on top of that to get a prospect that’s only a few years younger and has minimal NHL experience is peak HF delusion/obsession with prospects.

He's not likely to be protected, salary demands are too high, available replacement and poor attitude. NYR need a high end 2C and offering enough incentive will get this done.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Also it’s not #5OV, it’s a kid who was taken #5OV. And even if that were you logic, Andersson is also a “#7OA”.

ADA is a spare part due to ED. He has value to only those teams who’d have him in top 3 or top 4 if they go with 8 skaters. If he isn’t thry aren’t trading for him at these inflated prices.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Dude, what is in the water that you drink? Hayton is not worth all of those players let alone throwing in a first. I don’t care if they’re coming off an expiring contract. There really is something wrong with all of your proposals.
Hayton not worth -- would depend on how he pans out, and this is 5OA talent in an area not surplus like RD.
As to all yr props. ... that is unsubstantiated.

A 5OA value, exp dr exempt, on elc, is not too shabby, especially if this is a possible pivot or top 6 F.
Sure, it is not 5OA pick it is a guy taken 5OA.
And it is 5OA from whatev draft not as strong as this draft.
But that is IRRELEVANT.
Regardless of value, due to exp dr, salary cap, internal budget concerns, this that or the other thing, are any of OTT, ANA, NJ etc offering us that pick for ADeA+?
I'm waiting......
... in the words of John Belushi, nnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It is not just value it is also currency we would be using.
ADA is surplus.
End of story, he has to go, whether sooner or later, only ? is what is best return.

I am NOT saying this is the best use of those assets.
That requires scrutiny of all other options.
Just sayin this is a profitable deal for NY.
Risk yes, but appreciable enuf upside.

As to 7OA Lias, we all know he was a reach, and should have been taken closer to 18OA.
He is nothing except a motor; no skill to speak of.
Now, if in last few weeks he has learned to skate, which remains to be seen at NHL level, terrif, I still don't want to protect him in exp dr.
So what is yr prob?

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Why does ADA have to go?

Rangers have the room to protect him in the expansion draft.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Why does ADA have to go?

He doesn't. I think the odds are pretty likely that at least one of ADA/Fox/Nils can adjust to life on the left side. This season should be about finding out which one that is and getting them some game time doing that.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why does ADA have to go?

More profitable is to get fair if not full market value, then have protection for Hajek, if he bounces back, or flexibility if he does not.

Remember, Hajek was lights out awesome 5 games, got shoulder separation, kayoed rest of that yr, has been not best handled since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->