Proposal: NYR & ARI

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Our best center prospect, it would take a lot more than you’re comfortable with. If he’s not being shopped, and if the team is approached about trading him, you can expect the team will ask to be blown away.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Our best center prospect, it would take a lot more than you’re comfortable with. If he’s not being shopped, and if the team is approached about trading him, you can expect the team will ask to be blown away.

I know Ari has had issues of late. I thought maybe Arizona would want NHL players that are retained 50% salary. This will help them be competitive while keeping costs down.

I know this is a bad example because he doesn’t have a lot of term left. I would think someone like Buchnevich would interest them if he had like 3 years left and the Rangers covered 50% retention. He would give production on the top two lines while cost is low.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
I don’t see Arizona moving him at all.
If the Rangers were to target anyone in Arizona, I’d imagine it would be Chychrun.

yeah neither are available, but they are the 2 guys who would fit best w NYR

NYR has assets such as this year's 22d and next year's 2d rounder,
young guys like Lias, Hajek, Howden, proven guys like Strome and ADA,
but i dont see 'yotes moving either guy, i believe they will focus moving out on higher-paid guys

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
First bad Rangers proposal I've seen in close to a week. We were doing better. Now this.

We don't need Hayton. Chytil is better. Let him develop.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Don’t Coyotes need young ELC contracts to keep their costs down?

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Start with DeAngelo and keep adding. Maybe Andersson.
TBH I was be pretty thrilled with a deal like that, seeing as Anderson is basically a sunk cost and DeAngelo may be a good sell-high candidate. Not sure the Yotes would want to part with their best prospect to re-acquire TDA, in fact I’m pretty certain they don’t.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Arizona is trading Hayton it's because they don't view him as player carrying a top 6 role, which means NYR should probably pass. We also don't have a better player to swap so it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Is he exp dr exempt?

Rangers offer
Deangelo
Lias
Reunanen
and 2021 1st NYR unprotected

for

former 1st round 5OA Hayton

What a shock. Bern giving way a ton of our future for a guy that has 4 points in 20 NHL games. Please. Rangers have a 20 year old center that also sucks on faceoffs but has accomplished a ton more than Hayton in the NHL already. His name is Chytil.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Is he exp dr exempt?

Rangers offer
Deangelo
Lias
Reunanen
and 2021 1st NYR unprotected

for

former 1st round 5OA Hayton
Zibanejad and Panarin just had career years. Is that going to be close to normal for them going forward? If not, who's picking up that production, our #1 overall pick - Lafreniere? Kakko?

Fox had an amazing year but what happens if he takes a step back during his sophomore year?

Is DeAngelo being traded / is he going to maintain that production on the backend for us?

While we're trending in the right direction a slight setback and we're a bottom lottery team. An unprotected first is off the table for 2021.

Last edited:

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I mean yeah, I'd take an unprotected first, a top prospect, and DA. That's exactly the kind of overpayment we need. I mean, it would be stupid as f*** for the Rangers, but hey, whatever.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->