Proposal: NYR and LVGK

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I actually like this proposal and positive about it, because Vesey struggle a little in his first pre season game. Maybe he is more successful with Vegas, and Oscar Lindberg is sorely missed on our 4th line.
I know Gorton gave out a new two years contract this summer to Vesey, but things are possible here in my opinion.

Last edited:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Don’t get why we do this, we are packed down the middle and Lindberg will just block Fontaine for the 4C position

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Don’t get why we do this, we are packed down the middle and Lindberg will just block Fontaine for the 4C position

Lindberg can be traded at the deadline if Fontaine shows he is ready. We currently don't have a very good 4th line center.

Reactions: QJL

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Not sure why Vegas would want vesey. They have the depth they would want already in bottom 6, they need more gamebreakers. Not more average bottom 6ers

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Not sure why Vegas would want vesey. They have the depth they would want already in bottom 6, they need more gamebreakers. Not more average bottom 6ers

Lindberg will most likely be available on waivers for free. I'd take Vesey as a throw in to get a dman like Gilmour or O'Gara that doesn't have to pass through waivers.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
How about a pick coming back instead Rangers Forward group is a bit overstocked and I think Vesey needs more ice time somewhere else

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I’d make this trade as a Rangers fan. Lindberg is an ideal 4C. Done with Jimmy. Sure, you can have Bigras as well.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Agreed

Even tho I see Zib dealt in advance of his upcoming NMC kick in, and Hayes doing the club a Chapman return to Yankees favor and coming back after a year away as a rental, Zuc likely goes before is UFA, again to get something, so there is a thinning at W. This doesn't make Vesey untouchable, but add to this Namest. and Spoons can be had for a nominal profit, and Vesey is not as likely to be moved.

If Lindy has become surplus, in anticipation of the above Zib/Hayes/+ deals, NY would be interested, but I'm not sure what LV would want that NY would pay.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Vesey's mucking is about same as Lindberg's

Not really. Lindberg is a good player and I like the kid. He plays a strong game.

Vesey has similar attributes but stands up for his teammates. Lindbergh doesn't. Change of culture here in NY. Veseys a better soldier for that. For a team that severely lacks unity, Veseys a better fit.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Not really. Lindberg is a good player and I like the kid. He plays a strong game.

Vesey has similar attributes but stands up for his teammates. Lindbergh doesn't. Change of culture here in NY. Veseys a better soldier for that. For a team that severely lacks unity, Veseys a better fit.

I don't remember too many times Vesey standing up for teammates. Care to refresh my memory?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I don't see the point in this. Vesey can be a 20 goal scorer. I liked Lindberg, but he's an easier player to replace.

Last time Rangers failed to replace Lindberg and ended up missing the playoffs. Lindberg was a good player and good fit for Rangers. Neither Lindberg or Vesey is currently working out with their current teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad