Proposal: NYR and LVGK

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I don't remember too many times Vesey standing up for teammates. Care to refresh my memory?

Sure...

Stood up for Hank after Radulov came in and gave him a face full of ice. Ended up pairing off with Pacioretty and dropping the mitts.

In a chippy game vs Ott he levels Brassard with a hit. Stone came in and they threw down. In this one he was standing up for himself.

Vs the Devils Miles Wood and Coleman both went after Nick Holden, after a hit along the boards. Smith was on the ice as well. Vesey was in there before anyone and dropped the mitts with Coleman.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
What happened to Vesey? I remember him looking pretty good when he first started with the Rangers. Pretty shocked that Kerfoot is the better player right now as many thought Kerfoot was the product of Vesey.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Sure...

Stood up for Hank after Radulov came in and gave him a face full of ice. Ended up pairing off with Pacioretty and dropping the mitts.

In a chippy game vs Ott he levels Brassard with a hit. Stone came in and they threw down. In this one he was standing up for himself.

Vs the Devils Miles Wood and Coleman both went after Nick Holden, after a hit along the boards. Smith was on the ice as well. Vesey was in there before anyone and dropped the mitts with Coleman.

Thanks. Well Lindberg is not without grit himself:

Lindberg produced 52 points in 148 games for Rangers, while Vesey produced 60 points in 171 games. But Lindberg did it mostly on the 4th line without much PP time. And I think Lindberg is a more dynamic player.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Are you implying theres a correlation between these two occurances ?

Desharnais was a disaster, so yes even if Rangers were to stay healthy last season they might have missed the playoffs. Even before the injuries they started last season so bad that AV was like a loss or 2 away from being fired.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Thanks. Well Lindberg is not without grit himself:

Lindberg produced 52 points in 148 games for Rangers, while Vesey produced 60 points in 171 games. But Lindberg did it mostly on the 4th line without much PP time. And I think Lindberg is a more dynamic player.

I'll agree with there. I think he has more upside and I think he can out produce Vesey. But would he out produce guys above Vesey on the depth chart? I don't see that happening. Plus need room for the younger guys.

Just the overall state of the club IMO needs a guy that will help bring them together and I think Vesey has more of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad