Proposal: NYR/ANA/EDM

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Drury has a lot on his plate, but he will absolutely be wheeling and dealing. Decisions have to be made on the long term plans for players like Zib and Buch, plus there's no way Dolan will be happy with the status quo. Even if no one had gotten fired, we would have seen a bunch of moves to reshape the roster to make the team harder to play against. Those moves still need to happen.

I will disagree politely of course. Dolan is more excited that the Knicks made the playoffs. With his eyes turned to that direction. I think he would tell Drury to hold off on anything until after the NBA playoffs, and re group. That’s what I would do as a owner of a franchise.

Give all the spotlight to Knicks this post season for the NBA franchise. Then get another New York buzz on Rangers with the hirings and trades/signings afterwards. That’s how I would market appropriately

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I've seen a few Oilers fans willing to give up a 1st + good prospect for Rakell. Didn't think 2021 1st + Savoie + 2nd was too far out line, Rakell for less than 2M is a pretty good asset for a contender in this flat cap era. The value of the add on pieces could certainly be worked on.

I wasn't exactly sure where things stood regarding Chytil and his position, has he been deployed as a full time center of late? I thought maybe he would slide into a top 6 role in the absence of Buchnevich. Thought I saw at least a couple comments about needing a 3C while browsing the Rangers board.
Was this when Rakell would have been in Edmonton for 2 playoffs and before he had a pretty poor offensive year? I can't imagine there would be a lot of Oilers fans that would agree to that price now.

Reactions: Getz2noone

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I will disagree politely of course. Dolan is more excited that the Knicks made the playoffs. With his eyes turned to that direction. I think he would tell Drury to hold off on anything until after the NBA playoffs, and re group. That’s what I would do as a owner of a franchise.

Give all the spotlight to Knicks this post season for the NBA franchise. Then get another New York buzz on Rangers with the hirings and trades/signings afterwards. That’s how I would market appropriately

Then, politely, you would be a worse owner than Dolan. The Rangers can't wait around while Dolan watches the Knicks play, and Drury wasn't named President and GM so that he can just do what Dolan tells him to do.

Moves will be made. Count on it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Was this when Rakell would have been in Edmonton for 2 playoffs and before he had a pretty poor offensive year? I can't imagine there would be a lot of Oilers fans that would agree to that price now.
Some duck fans still holding out...

I think we can get a first + solid prospect if we retain on him

like i said earlier I think
Rakell at 50% for benson + 1st is prob pretty close from both perspectives

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Some duck fans still holding out...

I think we can get a first + solid prospect if we retain on him

like i said earlier I think
Rakell at 50% for benson + 1st is prob pretty close from both perspectives
Agreed - Rakell's peak value was about 1/3 of the way into this year when his scoring picked up but I would take him on Vancouver 10 days out of 10

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Agreed - Rakell's peak value was about 1/3 of the way into this year when his scoring picked up but I would take him on Vancouver 10 days out of 10
I think he played a lot better than stats showed this year .... just not much going on in Anaheim.... but on a team like oilers where he just needs to find open space and wait for Mcdavid to do his thing .
In Anaheim he was basically our main weapon.... but he’s much better at being the trigger man/copilot

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I think he played a lot better than stats showed this year .... just not much going on in Anaheim.... but on a team like oilers where he just needs to find open space and wait for Mcdavid to do his thing .
In Anaheim he was basically our main weapon.... but he’s much better at being the trigger man/copilot
I'm a big fan of his game - I agree that the Ducks entire team this year contributed to poor offensive numbers. With a true #1C he is a 30 goal scorer, as you saw the last season Getzlaf played like a true #1.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Then, politely, you would be a worse owner than Dolan. The Rangers can't wait around while Dolan watches the Knicks play, and Drury wasn't named President and GM so that he can just do what Dolan tells him to do.

Moves will be made. Count on it.

Or you can be a competent owner, and understand marketing and sales and money. What do you think is going to sell right now a Randell jersey on the Knicks in the playoffs, or a newly traded for Rangers hockey player

Last edited:

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Or you can be a competent owner, and understand marketing and sales and money. What do you think is going to sell right now a Randell jersey on the Knicks in the playoffs, or a newly traded for Rangers hockey player

I fail to see the logic here, I don't run a business or two pro sports franchises. I didn't realize a person had to invest in one or the other, what a shame they couldn't profit from them both at the same time, or is the said owner a worse businessman than me!

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I fail to see the logic here, I don't run a business or two pro sports franchises. I didn't realize a person had to invest in one or the other, what a shame they couldn't profit from them both at the same time, or is the said owner a worse businessman than me!

Sports is a business, everything we are talking about is a business even on these boards because of ad revenue is a business. The Knicks has made the playoffs right? In almost the last decade. Why? As Dolan in his right mind when he’s headline news, and throw the Rangers into the mix to take the excitement away. That doesn’t make sense

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Do you actually think Dolan gives a poop about that?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
A 1st a 2nd and Savoie for Rakell? Not a chance Edmonton bites on that, Savoie is a really exciting prospect. I don’t think they’d offer much more than 1st + 2nd, maybe one of their more average prospects

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens

All of this is wrong. The entire post. Wrong.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
No because you don’t have the first clue about Dolan or the Rangers. Stick to shit posting about whatever podunk team you follow.

Wow? Really we really going there? Because I have a valid argument regarding the situation in Ranger land. And now you calling me a punk ass.

Speak facts, don’t speak nonsense. The fact of the matter is Knicks getting the media and y’all Rangers not even on the tabloids. Be careful coming at me like that.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Wow? Really we really going there? Because I have a valid argument regarding the situation in Ranger land. And now you calling me a punk ass.

Speak facts, don’t speak nonsense. The fact of the matter is Knicks getting the media and y’all Rangers not even on the tabloids. Be careful coming at me like that.
You don’t have a valid argument. You’re taking a moronic guess at something you don’t even know about. Rangers not getting any attention? Yes, that’s the way it is here. Knicks routinely got back pages while they were dogshit and the Rangers were in the playoffs that’s nothing new. So you don’t know anything, you’re out of your element and your argument is again, moronic. Good day sir.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
when it comes to 3 way deals--remove one team and see if it makes sense

Remove the oilers from the offer and ask if both sides do the deal

Oilers are giving up a 1st, 2nd and a good prospect for a player who will be a UFA in 12 months

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Yep. Oilers give to much up for 1 year of a player. We need to start keeping our picks. I guess the 50 % retention is suppose to mean everything for the deal, but the ask is too much.
I think the team is entering the draft pick trading phase very quickly. The core is in place and it's time to start flipping draft capital for legit pieces to help get them to a cup. Hoarding draft picks doesn't help that.

Not saying I agree with 1st + 2nd + Savoie for Rakell. Just that the team needs to be looking to move picks for talent

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Anaheim and the Rangers can deal with each other directly. Anaheim has players that I’d like to see on the Rangers, and Buchnevich would really help Anaheim’s Top 6 which desperately needs scoring.

If the plan is to move on from Strome and promote Chytil to 2c, I see a few players in Anaheim that can fit the Rangers 3C and even 4c needs. Also can maybe get a LHD as well to add some depth to the bottom pairing. Wonder if a sign and trade could be done. Buchnevich’s age fits into the Ducks window also. I’d prefer to keep Buch in NY, but if he is the odd man out would prefer he goes to Anaheim where he is needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad