Recalled/Assigned: Nyquist up, Tatar down

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
more of the same from Holland. Terribly predictable. Maybe when they miss the playoffs Mr I wakes up from his coma and demands better

Won't happen. Ilitch is all in with this front office. Maybe we should start threads about how Ilitch should sell the team?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
The guy Mike Babcock basically hand delivered to Holland?

Because he liked the way he played at the Worlds? Stacy Roest has gotten more credit than Babcock at informing people to look out for him. And it isn't like Mike Babcock secretly found him. Do you know how many teams were interested in him? Several teams.

But at the end of the day, guess who signed him?

Typical response by you though. Everything bad is soley on Holland while anything positive was the product of someone else.

Your act is old.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Won't happen. Ilitch is all in with this front office. Maybe we should start threads about how Ilitch should sell the team?

Once he dies in the next year. Those kids will sell either the Tigers or Wings within a couple years. Probably the Tigers.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
When I saw Nyquist was getting the call, I thought things would be pretty upbeat around here.

Then I saw Tatar was getting sent down. Oh boy.

ashenhigh

Aug 27, 2008
Los Angeles
Because he liked the way he played at the Worlds? Stacy Roest has gotten more credit than Babcock at informing people to look out for him. And it isn't like Mike Babcock secretly found him. Do you know how many teams were interested in him? Several teams.

Typical response by you though. Everything bad is soley on Holland while anything positive was the product of someone else.

Your act is old.

outside of Brunner... holland has made some **** decisions since 2009 there is no denying that

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Highly doubt either team is sold. They may not be as all in as Illitch has been, but why would they sell?

Yeah, I don't see them selling either one, especially now that Denise Ilitch isn't involved with Ilitch Holdings, which controls the Wings and Tigers. Chris Ilitch, the CEO, is the heir apparent to his dad, and while he likely doesn't quite have his dad's passion for sports due to having a different background, he's pretty much in lockstep with his dad's goals from what I've heard.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
more of the same from Holland. Terribly predictable. Maybe when they miss the playoffs Mr I wakes up from his coma and demands better

I think this is what Ilitch wants. He's old as hell and likes known commodities. I believe he thinks Holland still is doing things the right way, unfortunately. The times have changed. We are deep into the salary cap era and these people can't adjust. I'm sorry to say this but I fear that things will not change until Mr. Ilitch kicks the bucket.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
This isn't good roster management, as some have claimed. Good roster management would've been NOT signing Samuelsson or re-signing Bert. Good roster management would've been shopping one of Miller, Eaves, Emmerton, Andersson, Cleary, et al weeks ago when it was clear that Nyquist and Tatar were BOTH ready to produce in the NHL and, at least in Tatar's case, were outplaying several regular roster players.

Plain and simple, good roster management would've been dealing with the logjam we have in dime-a-dozen players to make way for the young, NHL ready talents we have who have already learned all they can from the AHL.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
This isn't good roster management, as some have claimed. Good roster management would've been NOT signing Samuelsson or re-signing Bert. Good roster management would've been shopping one of Miller, Eaves, Emmerton, Andersson, Cleary, et al weeks ago when it was clear that Nyquist and Tatar were BOTH ready to produce in the NHL and, at least in Tatar's case, were outplaying several regular roster players.

Plain and simple, good roster management would've been dealing with the logjam we have in dime-a-dozen players to make way for the young, NHL ready talents we have who have already learned all they can from the AHL.

cant forget trading your highest earned pick in 20 seasons for Quincey and passing up on drafting one of Vasilevski, Maata, Laughton, Subban in exchange for a journeyman dman

yes I would take any of those four prospects over Kyle Quincey

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
By the reactions of this thread you'd have thought we sent Tatar, signed Cleary to an extension and traded for Hudler.

I don't like Tatar being sent down either. We all know Cleary and Abdelkader won't get sent down so stop it. I woulda probably sent down Andersson or waived Eaves or Miller (I like them both but Tatar is better.)

I think some people are forgetting that we did get at least one wish. Nyquist is up AND IN THE TOP 6.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan

Your act is old.

You are basically saying Ken Holland should get credit for simply being alive.

Did Holland deserve any credit for signing Hossa or Rafi? Those guys walked up to Holland and told them they wanted to sign in Detroit. Of course Holland had to screw up the Hossa signing by picking the garbage over Hossa.

The garbage man must collect all the trash. He must make sure the rest of the NHL is free of garbage players. The Detroit Land Fill will make room.

I found a picture of Kenny at the office. I am not sure what is worse, my photo manipulation skills, or Ken Holland the last four years.

KenHollandputtinginwork_zps8f3b33a1.jpg

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sucks to see Tatar go down, love the energy and mentality he brought to the line-up.

At least my boy is up though :). Hopefully he gets more than 2/3 of a game to show what he can do :laugh:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I think some people are forgetting that we did get at least one wish. Nyquist is up AND IN THE TOP 6.

Has he played a game in the top 6 yet? No. I'll believe it when I see it through 60 minutes of NHL play.

Its much more likely that halfway through the game, unless he has scored a point, Nyquist will be down on the third line.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Kind of normal asset management. We would be forced to put someone on waivers, if there's no trade on the table.

Don't you guys know that there's some roster limits why this made this way, a waiver-free guy is swapped to another waiver-free guy?

This is the system under we have operate before the trade deadline. Then some bodies are probably sent out.

But hey, now we have a real TOP6 forward to put in TOP6 and get Abdelkader to Bottom6, where he belongs. This move is what everybody has been hoping here, and again some of you guys are saying it's a wrong move?

Please god, help with all this message board sillyness. :shakehead

Wait, what happened to your whole "top 6 spots just aren't given out to the kids, they have to be earned" line? Just curious. And what makes Gus such a far better top 6 option than Tatar?

We certainly appreciate the mini-lecture on roster limits and player movement within the organization, but trades are another option. One KH should have looked into, given our surplus of bottom 6 guys. We wouldn't miss Eaves or Cleary at all. Wouldn't care if we got a low draft pick in return either- it would be making room for the better player to play with the Wings, making the team better.

Looks like both Cleary and Abdelkader could be off from TOP6 on wednesday.

Helm is also skating at practise, so in near future, we could have completely new 3rd line. AKader - Helm - Cleary

Removing the one truly dangerous offensive player we had in the bottom 6 and adding in Abby and Cleary- definitely looking forward to all of the scoring pressure being placed squarely back on the top 2 lines. Awesome!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad