Recalled/Assigned: Nyquist up, Tatar down

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Hmm.. sadly I get the feeling tatar and andersson where up here more for the showcase than a look at things to come. Well hopefully Nyquist will get more than one game.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kind of normal asset management. We would be forced to put someone on waivers, if there's no trade on the table.

Don't you guys know that there's some roster limits why this made this way, a waiver-free guy is swapped to another waiver-free guy?

This is the system under we have operate before the trade deadline. Then some bodies are probably sent out.

But hey, now we have a real TOP6 forward to put in TOP6 and get Abdelkader to Bottom6, where he belongs. This move is what everybody has been hoping here, and again some of you guys are saying it's a wrong move?

Please god, help with all this message board sillyness. :shakehead

Rael

Dec 28, 2012
Vienna
While this line is small and lacks strength...It would be sooooo much better than than Abs-Datsyuk-Cleary

Pavel would buy those kids a LOT of space. And unlike BlunderTwins, they have the offensive skill to make something happen with space.

So true... Especially in such a short season you have to be flexible and react fast. Babcock needed WAY too much time to realize that Abdelkader does not work on Pavel's wing (I really hope he's bumped to the third line). At least Cleary had some points but Abdelkader, nothing at all except for a freaking empty net goal...

But why do they send down Tatar?? Ok, he didn't score the last couple of games but then again, who did? For the past few weeks, Tatar has generally been our 2nd or 3rd best forward behind Datsyuk and yes, I sometimes found him better than Zetterberg who has been pretty bad recently, offensively and defensively :/

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
What the actual ****. Tatar has outplayed the both of our first two lines and this is what he gets?

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
My only guess here after really thinking about it is this is what our top six will look like tomorrow night:

Cleary-Zetterberg-Brunner
Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen

Babs has been reluctant to put Tats in the top six, and why would he with the chemistry/chances/pressure created by the Tats/Andersson/Eaves line? This gives him the ability to bump Abby back where he needs to be, BOTTOM SIX. Get Flip back, bump Cleary, and I think that's the top six we've wanted from day one, is it not?

Rael

Dec 28, 2012
Vienna
Kind of normal asset management. We would be forced to put someone on waivers, if there's no trade on the table.

Don't you guys know that there's some roster limits why this made this way, a waiver-free guy is swapped to another waiver-free guy?

This is the system under we have operate before the trade deadline. Then some bodies are probably sent out.

But hey, now we have a real TOP6 forward to put in TOP6 and get Abdelkader to Bottom6, where he belongs. This move is what everybody has been hoping here, and again some of you guys are saying it's a wrong move?

Please god, help with all this message board sillyness. :shakehead

And what exactly would be wrong to already put somebody on waivers who will be there soon anyway when Filppula and Helm return? This is not the season nor the right point in the season to keep players up due to "roster management" reasons. The best players have to play (as KH and MB pretend) and BOTH Nyquist and Tatar are among the best 12 forwards.

RedWingsNow*

Ken Holland continues to run the Red Wings like they're a Stanley Cup contender.

Make the kids play 10x better than anyone else to win a veteran's job.

It's utter ********. Dan Cleary. Justin Abdelkader. Drew Miller. Patrick Eaves. None of these guys are pulling their weight right now.

At least Babcock had the balls to sit Ian White.

Anyone know Cleary's stats the last 40 games or so? 8 goals, 4 assists or something?
With a plus/minus of - A lot.
Despite half of those games being with Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

He's a UFA at the end of the year and he's gone anyway. Cleary isn't going to win a cup with Detroit this year.

If Holland had any balls at all he'd dump cleary, by trade or by waivers.

But he doesn't. He's running a ****ing country club on a sinking ship.

RedWingsNow*

My only guess here after really thinking about it is this is what our top six will look like tomorrow night:

Cleary-Zetterberg-Brunner
Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen

Babs has been reluctant to put Tats in the top six, and why would he with the chemistry/chances/pressure created by the Tats/Andersson/Eaves line? This gives him the ability to bump Abby back where he needs to be, BOTTOM SIX. Get Flip back, bump Cleary, and I think that's the top six we've wanted from day one, is it not?

Wait. You don't want to ruin the bottom six chemistry by promoting Tatar to the top six.
So you demote him to the AHL and ruin it anyway?

Not following

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
This really doesn't make any sense. It would be one thing to switch tatar with nyquist heading into the weekend cause you want one of the two on grg so they can still "compete".

But why during the week when their wouldn't be any scheduling conflicts you just switch one for the other when as previously said you have at least 4 players on the roster that suck/take up space it doesn't make alot of sense.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Sideways move overall.. Probably Abdelkader will go down to Andersson's line and Nyquist takes Abdelkader's spot in the top six.

Nyquist deserves the call up, absolutely. But shouldn't be at Tatar's expense.

crashman

WHY???????????

Our most energetic forward the last 2 games, sent down?

I thought he was one of the few bright spots in the last game. This is bad management, straight up.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I still think this season is being treated as a "throw-away" by Wings management/staff. See what you've got for the trade deadline/FA period and next season, and just let what happens happen.

No other (rational) way to explain the roster management, really.

Henkka said:
Please god, help with all this message board sillyness.

You might have to ask more than one deity for that one, bud.

Captain Bob said:
... BlunderTwins...

Okay, that made me laugh.

Blundertwin Powers, activate! Form of: 16-ton anchor!

Last edited:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Drew Miller. Patrick Eaves. None of these guys are pulling their weight right now.

Why do you hate these guys? They're 4th line players that work hard and make like a million a year. No issue with these guys. But they are expendable.

RedWingsNow*

I still think this season is being treated as a "throw-away" by Wings management/staff.

No other (rational) way to explain the roster management, really.

If it's a throwaway, then throwaway the veteran UFAs who aren't coming back.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman

Looks like Filppula is in Wednesday against Calgary. Could be on a line with Z and Brunner. Franzen, Datsyuk and Nyquist could other line.

Looks like both Cleary and Abdelkader could be off from TOP6 on wednesday.

Helm is also skating at practise, so in near future, we could have completely new 3rd line. AKader - Helm - Cleary

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI
sweet holland...lets keep guys who havent produced squat and lets send down a guy who SHOWED he can PLAY and STAY at this level and o he can SCORE too

Well played Holland, well played..

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Lets keep scrubs like Abby in the line up who couldnt even score on Pavels wing (it takes pure talent to NOT do **** on his wing) and send down tats for Nyquist.

Makes sense.

This club can be so damn frustrating with their train of thought.

RedWingsNow*

Why do you hate these guys? They're 4th line players that work hard and make like a million a year. No issue with these guys. But they are expendable.

I don't hate these guys.
But you've got to make room.

Tatar is a 30-goal man waiting to happen.

If you can't make room for a kid when Helm, Bertuzzi, Sammy and Flip are injured....

This is the bottleneck I've been talking about.

We're ruining our prospects.

And by the way, out of Tatar and Nyquist.... the guy who fits Datsyuk best is Tatar. This guy seems to have radar for when pucks get to the front of the net.

Nyquist, in every stint with the Red Wings, seems a playmaker type.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Helm is also skating at practise, so in near future, we could have completely new 3rd line. AKader - Helm - Cleary

Gator-Helm-Tootoo

Emmerton-Andersson-Miller/Eaves

Or keep Tatar up

Gator-Helm-Tatar.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013

Ya I read that too. Obviously babs isn't comfortable with tats in the top six. But he is with nyquist. So with the return of filpulla and helm it only makes sense to send Tatar back down. No point in playing him 4th line minutes when he can play 20+in GR and tear it up.

Flip. Z. Brunner
Franzen. Pav. Gus
Abby. Helm. Cleary
Miller. Emmer. Tootoo. .

Anderson's time will b up when helm is back i think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad