Confirmed with Link: Nyquist to be called up for Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Gus is not the saviour which i hope people do realize

I think anyone who truly thinks the lack of Gustav Nyquist in the lineup is the only thing holding the Wings back from greatness is very misinformed. I also think that there are very few (likely zero) people who actually believe that, most of the people calling for Nyquist thus far know he isn't the one guy to fix the team single handedly but adding him is a damn good step in the right direction.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 19m

Wings GM Ken Holland just texted and said its "possible" Nyquist will be recalled from Grand Rapids.

I'll take a page out of Frk It's book and jump for joy only when it actually happens - and he plays that second game. If he just comes up, says hello, and then gets sent back again... they might as well just have kept him down there.

TouringReg

Sep 27, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
My excitement about this has been marred by the news that Cleary and Bert skated with Pavel in practice. Seriously, Cleary has two points this year. What other team would reward this guy with top line minutes?

Anyways, back to Gus. I don't think he's the savior but we are in desperate need of scoring and speed and I think he brings both. Hopefully Babcock gives him a fair look.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 43s
#RedWings calling up Trevor Parkes today to create cap space, will flip him with Gustav Nyquist Thursday for Carolina game.

I still don't get how this works.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
#RedWings calling up Trevor Parkes today to create cap space, will flip him with Gustav Nyquist Thursday for Carolina game.

Me either, but who cares Gus is coming up :handclap:

I'm happy to have him up but I'll be over the moon if he actually plays 2 games.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

magic-spongebob.jpg

Wish this capology stuff was out in the interwebs it would be interesting to be able to figure out why & how they're going to make the moves.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Me either, but who cares Gus is coming up :handclap:

I'm happy to have him up but I'll be over the moon if he actually plays 2 games.

Actually I think I might get it, Parkes plays for Toledo, so they must call him up for today, then swap him and Nyquist tomorrow so Parkes can play for the Griffins.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Hmm... Parkes has the lowest caphit of our ELC players...

DeKeyser on LTIR --> call up Parkes (554k) --> will eat less cap space for this 1 day today.

Then call Nyquist for tomorrow and use the whole space (925k for 925k).

Parkes a healthy scratch for Griffins today? Or is he at Toledo? If Toledo won't play today, this is just playing with numbers and won't affect anything for minor league organizations.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I don't view Nyquist as the savior, just better than the vast majority of the players on the team.

I think that's the general position. I don't think anyone actually thinks he's a savior. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone who wants him up views him as someone who can partly address what this team is lacking: puck possession/skill with the puck. Or, on a simpler level, as an all-around improvement over several players already on the roster.

These posters who keep saying, "Nyquist is not the savior!" are speaking to no one.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Holland is gonna troll us. Play him one game and send him back to GR.

Bahahahaha.

What's sad is it feels like Holland feels forced to do this. As though if we weren't struggling *so damn bad* he'd be just as content to let Nyquist stay down there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think that's the general position. I don't think anyone actually thinks he's a savior. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone who wants him up views him as someone who can partly address what this team is lacking: puck possession/skill with the puck. Or, on a simpler level, as an all-around improvement over several players already.

Bingo.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
The Red Wings will recall Gustav Nyquist from Grand Rapids for tomorrow's game.

Bam, it's official!

Also :

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
For now, the Wings recalled Trevor Parkes to maximize their cap space for LTIR purposes. He'll be sent down when Nyquist is recalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad