Confirmed with Link: Nyquist signs with CBJ (4 years, $5.5M AAV)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I like this more than most of the deals teams have been signing. The four year term is very good for us. The Jackets will have very good flexibility when it's time for the big extensions for Jones and company.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We have a desperate need for another center. Preferably top 6, but not likely going to get that on the market. We need at least a third line center though, because relying on Wennberg to rebound as 2C is bad enough, but relying on Nash or Dubinsky to be 3C might be worse.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We have a desperate need for another center. Preferably top 6, but not likely going to get that on the market. We need at least a third line center though, because relying on Wennberg to rebound as 2C is bad enough, but relying on Nash or Dubinsky to be 3C might be worse.

I think you're describing a very unlikely scenario. It's more likely that Jenner is at C, perhaps even Foligno again.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Let's throw him on Wennberg's wing and see what they can do. Flip one of Anderson or Bjorkstrand to the left side(unless Nyquist can play on the left) and we're actually pretty good on the wings depending on how ready Bemstrom and Tex are.

Anderson-Dubois-Cam
Nyquist-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Tex/Bemstrom-Jenner-Foligno
Tex/Bemstrom-Nash/Dubinsky

I dunno. No solid #1 line, but obviously Wennys line won't be taking as many faceoffs, but I would imagine would see a lot of offensive time. Wennberg absolutely needs a fire lit under his ass if this team wants a shot to compete. Our center depth truly depends on him. If he can rebound we're sitting pretty, if we get what we had last season we'll be lucky to be within reach of a bubble spot.

Although the off-season is just starting, I'm still expecting more moves. But the Jarmo kind, small moves to shore up Cleveland and maybe another older player in case Bemstrom and Tex need time in the AHL.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

I would expect Jenner to be the 3C, but not sure that's ideal either.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Nyquist-Dubois-Atkinson
Texier-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand/Anderson
Foligno-Jenner-Anderson/Bjorkstrand
Robinson-Dubinsky-Nash

Meh

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Bemstrom should be in there as well, but we need to acquire another forward.

Where? You playing him on line 4? I think his only chance to make the team is if he outplays Texier and takes his spot. Other than that, he should start in Cleveland.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I still think jarmo can find another forward but gus was a good sing and thats kinda what this thread is about

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Where? You playing him on line 4? I think his only chance to make the team is if he outplays Texier and takes his spot. Other than that, he should start in Cleveland.
he can tex can play center and weenberg can go to cleveland if he doesn't bounce back ;)

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Yep, 4th line and PP. Robinson should not be in the opening day lineup.
Robi is still waiver exempt so theres really no reason to keep him if he doesn't have an amazing camp. it's not like if jarmo was scared to lose him on waiver. all of him tex and bem could just start in the ahl and wait if a spot open. it's just more options.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Yep, 4th line and PP. Robinson should not be in the opening day lineup.

That's less than 10 minutes a night on a usual basis. Given how this board reacted to Bjorkstrand's treatment at the start of last year, and Texier in the playoffs, I don't think that will go over well.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
That's less than 10 minutes a night on a usual basis. Given how this board reacted to Bjorkstrand's treatment at the start of last year, and Texier in the playoffs, I don't think that will go over well.

I didn't realize he was locked in to a certain number of minutes per game. Maybe he moves up in the lineup at times, maybe he doesn't.

Reactions: CPTN71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad