Confirmed with Link: Nyquist signs with CBJ (4 years, $5.5M AAV)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This contract is good. AAV seems about right, and the best thing about it is the 4 year term. Not some long time commitment. While he's nothing special, he is what we need in regards to top 6 scoring and we didn't pay over the moon or long term for it. Much rather this than going all in for Anders Lee.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I didn't realize he was locked in to a certain number of minutes per game. Maybe he moves up in the lineup at times, maybe he doesn't.

Nobody said he can't move up and down the lineup. The question is if that is best for his development rather than playing top line minutes and all situations in Cleveland. I say no, but he will still have an opportunity to beat out Texier in camp.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
This contract is good. AAV seems about right, and the best thing about it is the 4 year term. Not some long time commitment. While he's nothing special, he is what we need in regards to top 6 scoring and we didn't pay over the moon or long term for it. Much rather this than going all in for Anders Lee.
he's also better than dzing not sure how much he was asking but I take gus at 5.5 over dzing at 2.75

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We have a desperate need for another center. Preferably top 6, but not likely going to get that on the market. We need at least a third line center though, because relying on Wennberg to rebound as 2C is bad enough, but relying on Nash or Dubinsky to be 3C might be worse.

Not that desperate. Jenner is a great 3C, and if he plays like he did last year I have no worries about him at 2C. His production at evens was exactly in line with what you'd expect for a 2C. 3C's normally don't score much more than 30 points, and we have plenty of candidates who are capable of doing that. Mind you, no one for certain, but any of Nash, Wennberg, or Foligno could play at 3C next year and score 30 points. I'd say between the three of them it's perhaps a likelihood someone will pull through. Then there's Texier, who I think is more than NHL ready and needs to be at center. He's got a great combination of size and speed and plays a smart 200 foot game, and most importantly keeps his head on a swivel.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
he's also better than dzing not sure how much he was asking but I take gus at 5.5 over dzing at 2.75
Id have taken Dzingle back depending on the hit. Hes not as good as he looked in Ottawa stats wise but not as bad as he looked here. His long term play will likely be somewhere in the middle

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Id have taken Dzingle back depending on the hit. Hes not as good as he looked in Ottawa stats wise but not as bad as he looked here. His long term play will likely be somewhere in the middle
but would you take dzing for 4x5.5 ? if thats his ask

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
but would you take dzing for 4x5.5 ? if thats his ask
Thats why i said depending on the hit. Hes too much of a 1 trick pony and likely go through many high/lows but I expect his lows to be around playoff time which definitely means you cant overpay

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Does anyone know any details? NMC? NTC? Bonuses? Salary structure?

The Seattle expansion part is going to be a bit important.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Have to critize this deal. 40+ pointmaker with 5.5M/y. We have 40+ forwards who is allready in the roster. Bjork can be better than Nyquist. Andy can be better than Nyquist, Cam is better than Nyquist. If he plays in 3rd line its ok but in the 1st hell no, 2nd no.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
he scored on a place over 60 2 time including last year. saying is cant do 50 again at 29 is pretty pessimistic

Too bad there are no sites to get some facts before posting stuff. :sarcasm:. For his career he is a.6ppg guy or a 49 pt per season guy on average.

So what you’re saying... is... he’s only actually scored more than 50 points twice (like I said). People saying he’s a 50-60 point guy need to relax, even if he averaged close to it, you need to set your expectations lower.
Remember how Riley Nash was supposed to do? Well until he does it in Torts system I’m keeping my expectations realistic, or pessimistic according to some.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

pled

Sep 7, 2009
So what you’re saying... is... he’s only actually scored more than 50 points twice (like I said). People saying he’s a 50-60 point guy need to relax, even if he averaged close to it, you need to set your expectations lower.
Remember how Riley Nash was supposed to do? Well until he does it in Torts system I’m keeping my expectations realistic, or pessimistic according to some.
I think he can at least do 50 I dont think nash was ever supposed to score 40 for the blue jackets

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
so ? a one time 40 point score vs a player that never scored bellow 40 a year thats not a comparison at all
The point is the actual production is usually lower than projected.

“At least 50 points” as if that’s easy in this system. The last 2 years we have had 3 players over 50 points. Each year. One of them was a world class player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad