Proposal: Nyquist and AA to Boston

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Fair enough thanks

By all means though, what do you have in mind for Nyquist? I think a 2nd would have done it a month ago, but the local chatter (merited or not) is that the rebuild is going well and he might be still valuable as a 2nd line winger when this ship turns around.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
By all means though, what do you have in mind for Nyquist? I think a 2nd would have done it a month ago, but the local chatter (merited or not) is that the rebuild is going well and he might be still valuable as a 2nd line winger when this ship turns around.
I would take second for Nyquist for next four years

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
More than you're willing to part with

I think they're planning to re sign him

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Nyquist a first and AA would have to be a hockey trade involving a top 4 D to make sense.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Well we have a great surplus of d men both in Boston and in the system. Wonder who would work for you guys.
So, no reasonable deal can be worked out with AA in it.

Could something be worked out around Nyquist for a young defenseman? Knowing the Wings are targeting a 1st round pick for Nyquist?

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Could something be worked out around Nyquist for a young defenseman? Knowing the Wings are targeting a 1st round pick for Nyquist?

??? Someone says that it would take a top 4 D to get AA and someone else says Boston has a surplus of D. How could a reasonable deal not be reached?

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Nyquist: probably a reasonable price
AA: such an unreasonable price, you would likely recoil in disgust and feel the need to respond unpleasantly

Fair enough thanks

??? Someone says that it would take a top 4 D to get AA and someone else says Boston has a surplus of D. How could a reasonable deal not be reached?

Well those same people said "no deal was to be had for AA" and "OK".
So I assumed the comment about the D being available was not for AA, and was trying to move the conversation forward.
Maybe I misinterpreted, but I don't see a reasonable discussion happening with AA for a top defenseman.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Nyquist a first and AA would have to be a hockey trade involving a top 4 D to make sense.

Well we have a great surplus of d men both in Boston and in the system. Wonder who would work for you guys.

Well those same people said "no deal was to be had for AA" and "OK".
So I assumed the comment about the D being available was not for AA, and was trying to move the conversation forward.
Maybe I misinterpreted.

If you follow the exchange it started with BStinson saying it would take a top 4 d, then TBayBruin says we have lots of D. What can be done. I think you are confusing 2 different lines of discussion or don't want to move AA for anything.:)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

AA isnt a center per se but he'll play there at times. Larkin is out for the next 2 weeks and AA is playing center. I tihnk he has value in that he can play there short term with injuries but over the course of a season hes definitely a winger first and foremost. It would take a decent package to get him I think, but Boston is a team that I could see having the pieces. Its going to cost a Frederic/Vaakaininen/JFK/Donato though. The Bruins have young center prospects and D prospects to make a trade for AA work, but hes a legit top 6 NHL winger under team control for a while.

As for Nyquist, depends on how many forwards are on the market I think but maybe a 1st, or a second and solid prospect. Not a top 5 guy but maybe tail end of the top 10. Without really looking maybe Zboril? I cant say I know many other guys in that tier for the Bruins

Reactions: BSHH

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
If you follow the exchange it started with BStinson saying it would take a top 4 d, then TBayBruin says we have lots of D. What can be done. I think you are confusing 2 different lines of discussion or don't want to move AA for anything.:)
Newfy sums it up pretty well. Some DRW are in love with the upside of AA and some aren’t so you probably are going to get wild valuation differences.

Reactions: Adityase

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Ask yourself if you would trade Nyquist, AA, and a 1st for Hronek or Cholowski...
I wouldn’t but I think you misread my statement I’m saying Nyquist = a 1st and I would ship AA for a Top 4. Not Nyquist, AA, and a 1st for a Top 4

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Ugh, please not Nyquist. The last thing the Bruins need is another left handed winger that avoids contact like everyone out there has scabies

Reactions: Rydan

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I wouldn’t but I think you misread my statement I’m saying Nyquist = a 1st and I would ship AA for a Top 4. Not Nyquist, AA, and a 1st for a Top 4

Ahh, yeah, I misread it.

Sorry, my expectations of this board lowered greatly this morning when I saw the CHI-DET proposal.

Reactions: izlez

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Ahh, yeah, I misread it.

Sorry, my expectations of this board lowered greatly this morning when I saw the CHI-DET proposal.
It’s all good, I still haven’t finished my morning coffee so I wouldn’t put it past me. Yeah that CHi-DET thread definitely was the worst proposal (if not Top 3) I’ve ever read on these boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad