Speculation: Nylander Thread VI - Return of the Agent (ALL Nylander Discussion HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I don't really understand the logic in this thread.

I understand beauchamp (a Habs fan) seems to wish to believe that Nylander is just going to vanish into thin air but the reality is, we either sign him or we trade him for a haul.

I wouldn't be against bringing in a stud like Sergacheev. Nylander is better than Drouin so maybe we would be looking at bringing in even more?

Drouin sat out as well, no? I seem to remember him disappearing when they assigned him to Syrcause. he wouldn't report or something.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
In a sim league I just traded him and Gardiner for Matheson, Slavin and Lehkonen. I think the Leafs should do that.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
To Toronto:
Kevin Fiala
Dante Fabbro
2019 1st

I could get behind a deal like this if we dont see any movement on numbers by the end of Oct.
Fiala being demoted to the 4th line right now is a bit concerning, but he always looks good when I see him play.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Trading Nylander for the sake of trading him isn't pragmatic but if you get a cost controlled young-ish D for him it makes much more sense than some Leafs fans are willing to acknowledge, you'd be stupid to not at least consider it.
Dubas kept Sparks over McElhinney and Pickard so I'm not sure pragmatism would even factor into this :propeller

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I don't really understand the logic in this thread.

I understand beauchamp (a Habs fan) seems to wish to believe that Nylander is just going to vanish into thin air but the reality is, we either sign him or we trade him for a haul.

I wouldn't be against bringing in a stud like Sergacheev. Nylander is better than Drouin so maybe we would be looking at bringing in even more?

Drouin sat out as well, no? I seem to remember him disappearing when they assigned him to Syrcause. he wouldn't report or something.
Drouin got sent down for conditioning after an injury IIRC.

I'm not sure how you work Serg out from Tampa and Nylander in with 8 million dollars behind him. Obviously we have a new GM, but it's almost a guarantee that Sergachev isn't going to get offered 8 million and it's not like we have a ton of cap space (although I suppose it's not an impossibility).

DJIncognito

Jun 9, 2007
They're going to have to do a bridge deal.if he won't take the offer. Then look into trading him if the next contract won't fit under the cap

Anything near or over $7 Mil is unacceptable long term.

Reactions: The Magic Man

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Drouin got sent down for conditioning after an injury IIRC.

I'm not sure how you work Serg out from Tampa and Nylander in with 8 million dollars behind him. Obviously we have a new GM, but it's almost a guarantee that Sergachev isn't going to get offered 8 million and it's not like we have a ton of cap space (although I suppose it's not an impossibility).
No no. My bad.

I didn't mean Sergachev specifically. I meant a player of his ilk.

Was just using the Drouin-Serghachev trade as an example of a young RW player being traded for a stud prospect. I understand Sergachev himself isn't available (and shouldn't be).

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'd like to think that Kyle Dubas is young enough to remember how stupid it is to trade a young player while he's undervalued like Chiarelli did. Wait for his value to get up before you trade him, there isn't a rush.

Also these people asking for Nylander to be traded just cos the Leafs can score without him, why not trade Hyman too since Kapanen can replace him? Stupid logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad