Johnsson
Robertson
Bracco

To Leafs
Dubois
Anderson

The Leafs add size and physicality- CBJ get skill and prospects for the rebuild
I think this is a really good proposal

if you take out Nylander, Johnson, Robertson, Bracco, Dubois and Anderson.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
To CBJ
Nylander
Johnsson
Robertson
Bracco

To Leafs
Dubois
Anderson

The Leafs add size and physicality- CBJ get skill and prospects for the rebuild

Sorry CBJ, this is a terrible proposal. Please stop nobody is trading a number 1C and Anderson for that collection of players. Don’t get me wrong all fine players and prospects but they don’t come close to the value of the CBJ players.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Holy crud, i feel bad for Columbus fans and every one living in Columbus just because of this proposal.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
PLD is worth Matthews, Marner +, Tavares +,Reilly, Nylander(2.5M retained)++(1st+Sandin)
They wouldn't do this deal, feel sorry for yourself.

*SORRY ON MY MISTAKE HERE*

PLD+ is worth Matthews, PLD for Tavares + , but in no way would Columbus trade their top C for a W

**My fault for being half asleep at the office**

Last edited:

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Holy crud, i feel bad for Columbus fans and every one living in Columbus just because of this proposal.

People do understand that Johnsson on his own produces at a very similar rate to Anderson right? Nylander is an elite player and people in here are acting like he's trash and Dubois is a god. Robertson looks like an elite prospect and isn't being traded.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
PLD is worth Matthews, Marner +, Tavares +,Reilly, Nylander(2.5M retained)++(1st+Sandin)
They wouldn't do this deal, feel sorry for yourself.

Don't ever mention Matthews and PLD in the same breath lol. One is the best 5v5 goal scoring center in decades. The other is a decent top 6 center.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Sorry CBJ, this is a terrible proposal. Please stop nobody is trading a number 1C and Anderson for that collection of players. Don’t get me wrong all fine players and prospects but they don’t come close to the value of the CBJ players.

If they had a real 1C and C depth it's actually kinda fair.

Anderson is no better than Johnsson and Dubois has a career high of 60pts and can't win a draw. Robertson is a gem prospect and Nylander is a C/RW who's also cracked 60pts a couple times. Plus Bracco.

Doesn't make it a good trade, for several reasons - for either side, but in a vaccuum it's not too fair off either.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
People do understand that Johnsson on his own produces at a very similar rate to Anderson right? Nylander is an elite player and people in here are acting like he's trash and Dubois is a god. Robertson looks like an elite prospect and isn't being traded.

Columbus needs CENTERS not Wingers, why would they trade their only good top 6 C for a one dimensional W? It would need to be Matthews or Tavares for PLD, not Nylander or Marner, they'd be crazy to destroy their C depth for a W just so their W's can carry a bunch of 3rd line C's

Reactions: Dumais

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Columbus needs CENTERS not Wingers, why would they trade their only good top 6 C for a one dimensional W? It would need to be Matthews or Tavares for PLD, not Nylander or Marner, they'd be crazy to destroy their C depth for a W just so their W's can carry a bunch of 3rd line C's

You do understand PLD is a 60 pt centerman correct? This isn't some superstar. You are acting like he's the greatest player of all time. He doesn't even drive play all that well.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Matthews didn't play an 82 game season like Dubois. Since entering the league he's scored at a higher 5v5 rate than Ovi.

Why is there no article on this? Just a tweet from a Toronto main stream reporter, i searched his name and can't find many articles about 5v5 goal scoring.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
as CBJ fan since their expansion.....

I have 00000000000000000000000000 interest in Nylander and that contract. NONE NOTTA
Not that I care about the OP but its laughable that people here think the Nylander contract is something crazy. Back-to-back 60 point seasons in his early 20s and likely puts up 70 this year. And anyone saying hes carried by Matthews hasn't been paying attention. Matthews is always hurt, remember?

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Not that I care about the OP but its laughable that people here think the Nylander contract is something crazy. Back-to-back 60 point seasons in his early 20s and likely puts up 70 this year. And anyone saying hes carried by Matthews hasn't been paying attention. Matthews is always hurt, remember?

Nylander's primary points rate since he entered the league is better than Seguin, Tavares, etc, but that's irrelevant dude. Columbus won't have an offensive player like Nylander for a while, so don't worry.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
The answers im seeing are close enough to the tweet, but still PLD is worth the equivalent player to him, hes simply isn't being traded unless the jacket's get an equal C or better C

Reactions: Dumais

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
The answers im seeing are close enough to the tweet, but still PLD is worth the equivalent player to him, hes simply isn't being traded unless the jacket's get an equal C or better C

you were spewing on and on about Matthews being equal to PLD. He's not. PLD is an average center who doesn't drive play well at all and was actually pretty mediocre defensively by most metrics. Again. Not in the same breath as Matthews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad