"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Matthews and Sandin for Jones and PLD
trouble.gif

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Very probably. I'm not as clear as to the objections from the TML perspective, but I imagine they start with "we already have Tavares and Matthews; we don't need to pay for another top center".

If I'm arguing the Leafs POV:

-Dubois is an utter waste on the team.
-Nylander is younger and better than Anderson.
-Toronto needs prospects to play roles on cheap contracts in the next 4-5 years.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
No, no, let's not even go there. The answer to every Jones proposal is no, and trying to toss in more Leafs assets is only going to cause more agitation. Let it be.
No one is forcing you to be here. If you’re not a fan of the discussion, this tab can be closed.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If I'm arguing the Leafs POV:

-Dubois is an utter waste on the team.
-Nylander is younger and better than Anderson.
-Toronto needs prospects to play roles on cheap contracts in the next 4-5 years.
#1 and #3 make sense to me, and they're more than enough to kill the concept. #2, tho... we've had folks inquiring about Anderson for quite some time due to his play style. If it was Nylander for Anderson straight up, yep, that's a valid argument (and it'd probably still be a "both sides say no" situation, 'cause we really like Anderson's skillset and there's a lot of ambivalence w/r/t Nylander because of last year). But I think in the OP's funny little world Nylander mostly pays for PLD or something.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Have interest in Anderson but no need for Dubois here. Let's be honest, a realistic proposal is probably more like Anderson + Savard for Marner (+) but Marner's contract makes it more complicated than before.

But at least they get a 22 year old Panarin replacement.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
PLD for Matthews would do. Josh Anderson to make up the difference, if necessary.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Have interest in Anderson but no need for Dubois here. Let's be honest, a realistic proposal is probably more like Anderson + Savard for Marner (+) but Marner's contract makes it more complicated than before.

Man marner is gonna make these posts look like a joke very soon.

Marner for a number 4 defender who getting up their in age and a 2nd line forward with less than 50 points as a career high is a deal that gets dubas fired.

Reactions: ThatsSoSlavin

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Really wish they would keep these ideas to themselves. CBJ needs a center, I highly doubt they will give up their only top6 center for a top6 winger.

Reactions: Fro

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Man marner is gonna make these posts look like a joke very soon.

Marner for a number 4 defender who getting up their in age and a 2nd line forward with less than 50 points as a career high is a deal that gets dubas fired.

I am aware. That trade is a win for the blue jackets.. It's more about a statement than anything. He didn't want to go there via an offersheet, demanded a big pay day, and then thinks he can coast into the playoffs.

Send him away, fill some needs, save a bit of cap space in the process. Maybe we can get one of their goalies included in that deal as well.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am aware. That trade is a win for the blue jackets.. It's more about a statement than anything. He didn't want to go there via an offersheet, demanded a big pay day, and then thinks he can coast into the playoffs.

Send him away, fill some needs, save a bit of cap space in the process. Maybe we can get one of their goalies included in that deal as well.
I dunno; I kind of object on some level to my team being treated as a punishment detail. Even if we do continue to employ Torts and all. ;)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

After watching Marner hand the victory to the Jackets last game, I'm suddenly not interested in such a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad