Nylander contract talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Nylander and his agent already have that covered.
Dont need the headache, dude needs to get some nuts about himself and take control of this situation.

He just signed a sponsorship deal with ReebokCanada
Does that sound like a guy looking to force his way out of Canada and the Leafs?

This is just posturing, wait and he will come to heel eventually
He has very little leverage

Reactions: Menzinger

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't understand why fans take these negotiations so personally. It is one thing if a guy says he wants nothing to do with being here or is being completely unreasonable. There appears to be a decent middle-ground to be found soon. These things can just take some time. I'm slightly annoyed he isn't at camp, but if this gets him on a better deal like what happened in the Gaudreau negotiations I'm fine with Dubas's tactics, and fine with Willy trying to break them a bit.

I never thought this would be an easy deal. Michael Nylander is a notorious asshole and is an autocrat with his kid's careers. Just ask anyone who worked for the Steelheads.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
im talking like 4 years +

5.7x4 or something would be a good settle, meet in the middle for the years worst case
Would be stupid to sign him right to an arb year. It makes no sense for either side to not go 2, 6 or 8. You want to buy UFA years if you are going long-term.

Plus, I don't see it talked about much, but it seems some of the contentiousness is over lockout protection. So, maybe we can knock down the price if we fully guarantee his potential lock-out year deal, but no chance we do that on a bridge.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Nylanders original ask is 8, so logically it's in the 7's or below.

Leafs original ask was 6, so let's logically it's 6's or above.

Have to assume it's beween 6.25 and 7.5 right now long term. They have a week to get it between 6.5 and 7.

This was probably the plan all along.

Reactions: Ulysses31

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Then it will be for under 2 years and people will be stressing a potential Subban or Ryjo situation.

I mean, I think the RyJo situation would be pretty ideal lol. Get Nylander to play for us on a cheap two year bridge contract. Then when he's looking for a raise, flip him for a younger cheaper defenceman with legit Norris potential? Sign me up lol (but yes, I get what you're saying).

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Friedge saying not even same ballpark. Mark my words if hes not signed by oct 1 his ass is grass.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Offense looks just fine without ya 29, better get yourself in check fast nylander or your ass is getting booted

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Kinda feel different about the whole situation after a co worker filled me in on his fathers past with contracts he sat out once and even signed a deal with Edmonton then they found out he actually signed with Washington as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad