Nylander contract talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 7.07.19 PM.png

This helps calms the nerves and gives reassurance that he WILL sign, its just annoying right now and it would be better if he was signed and at training camp, I feel like this is causing a distraction and is at the back of the minds of Leafs players, I mean there is already an article out saying how Matthews "misses" Nylander.

Auston Matthews misses William Nylander | The Star

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Yeah while obviously we likely all would prefer this to be settled ASAP there’s still nothing out of the ordinary.

The sad thing for Leafs fans is we’ve had so few young players over the past decade be anywhere near this good or so we haven’t had much experience over waiting for larger RFA contracts

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Great chance for some of the other young Leafs to show their stuff higher up in the order early in the season. Kapanen, Johnsson, Leivo maybe Grundstrom too. Glass half full, IMHO.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
The bottom line is that Nylander needs to play more than the Leafs need him on the team. Add that to the fact that he is an RFA I don’t see why Dubas needs to budge much if at all to get this done.

Reactions: Boutette and dsred

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It's interesting that there are a few agents that really want their young talent to play hardball, but the results just haven't been there. Makes you wonder why it is still being done.

Pride of the agents.

I think as outsiders we think these negotiations are guided by pure rationality when I suspect that isn’t always the case

Reactions: dsred and Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It's interesting that there are a few agents that really want their young talent to play hardball, but the results just haven't been there. Makes you wonder why it is still being done.

I'm not really sure but if that article in the Athletic is any guide this won't go well for them, Dubas is a new GM in his first big RFA contract battle so they may have thought it's worth a go

I'm picking Nylander folds before the season starts still

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'm not really sure but if that article in the Athletic is any guide this won't go well for them, Dubas is a new GM in his first big RFA contract battle so they may have thought it's worth a go

I'm picking Nylander folds before the season starts still
Agreed, 6 x 6.5 deal, and heavy with signing bonuses of course. Also, I'd expect a partial NTC (maybe 10 teams until he's 25 or something).

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Agreed, 6 x 6.5 deal, and heavy with signing bonuses of course. Also, I'd expect a partial NTC (maybe 10 teams until he's 25 or something).

I don't think he can get trade protection until he's out of his RFA years

Dubas may be able to bring the AAV down a bit if he gives Nylander his money as a bonus on that potential lockout year as well, I'd imagine that would create some goodwill

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Wait him out

It's not that bloody complicated, Nylander has very little leverage so wait his ass out instead of doing something stupid in a knee jerk fashion
Nylander and his agent already have that covered.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Wait him out

It's not that bloody complicated, Nylander has very little leverage so wait his ass out instead of doing something stupid in a knee jerk fashion
Dont need the headache, dude needs to get some nuts about himself and take control of this situation.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Leafs holding firm and the wingers could us a few extra looks in preseason.

Win win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad