Speculation: Nylander contract talk (All Nylander talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I think what Drouin got is around where Nylander would get. A young top D prospect who many on here said would not be moved.

Except Heiskanen actually won’t be moved. We don’t have nearly as much of a need for a Nylander type as Montreal did Drouin.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Except Heiskanen actually won’t be moved. We don’t have nearly as much of a need for a Nylander type as Montreal did Drouin.

Ok I didn't say he would be. I am just saying that is the cost and if there isn't a fit then they will let Nylander sit until he signs a good deal and if that has soured the relationship, they will move him with a good contract in a few years when his value has gone way up to either add a big defensive piece or refill the rosters depth.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
To be honest, I would probably do Heiskanen 1 for 1. I don't think either side needs to add. Nylander will be a top line winger, I think he has ppg potential in his career. Heiskanen will be a #2 with #1 potential. His size and skating are fantastic, thinks the game well. Not 100% sure he has 50+ point potential but not sure it matter.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
They should just go after Mark Stone instead. I'm telling the world right now, Mark Stone to the Stars is too good to pass up.

Nylander should be plan B to Stone. But I wanted to also see Nylander to Vegas for Theodore+.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Exactly! 50-60 point wingers aren’t worth as much as Leafs fans are dumbfoundedly thinking. A top-4 defenseman on an ELC is miles more valuable than a winger who doesn’t give a **** when he doesn’t have the puck.

I don’t think the Stars give up Heiskanen either but this is a bad analysis.

- 61 points is not “50-60”.

- 15th in the league in takeaways sounds like giving a shit when he doesn’t have the puck to me. I think you just pulled that out of your ass.

- Miro hasn’t played a game yet. He is not a “top-4 defenseman on an ELC.” He probably will be but the “probably” stays there until he proves it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Think Honka would be the guy Toronto could get from Dallas for Nylander not Heiskanen.

I think that's a better fit for Toronto, and more reasonable basis for a trade. At this point, I think Dallas needs to add a bit to this trade, but I don't think it would be a significant add.

Probably round out the deal to be something like... a Carrick RD, or other lower D contract, plus Nylander, for Honka + 2nd maybe. Gives Dallas a depth D back, doesn't have to be Carrick there are others.... Marincin, Nielsen..... These guys aren't great, but they are depth injury replacements.... Marincin is good on the PK at least... and Dallas was right in the middle of the league, if they are looking for some help there....

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Would rather go after Stone than Nylander. He's better than Nylander and wouldn't cost as much knowing Ottawa. Not worth it giving up a potential #1D to the Leafs and just making them an even stronger team and helping their future cap situation at the same time

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I think that's a better fit for Toronto, and more reasonable basis for a trade. At this point, I think Dallas needs to add a bit to this trade, but I don't think it would be a significant add.

Probably round out the deal to be something like... a Carrick RD, or other lower D contract, plus Nylander, for Honka + 2nd maybe. Gives Dallas a depth D back, doesn't have to be Carrick there are others.... Marincin, Nielsen..... These guys aren't great, but they are depth injury replacements.... Marincin is good on the PK at least... and Dallas was right in the middle of the league, if they are looking for some help there....

Is this a legit post? By that I mean you aren't being sarcastic.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Is this a legit post?

Yeah Nylander is worth way more than Honka + a 2nd right now lol and I'm a Stars fan.

Also trading for Nylander just doesn't make all that much sense for Dallas in the end. We have a d-core that we are happy about, but trading one guy makes Roman Polak a lineup regular. It was fine in the Karlsson deals but theres just no deal to be made for Nylander, especially considering a contending team is gonna want a roster piece back

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You've gotta think that if Dallas makes Honka available in a Nylander trade that Dubas would have to strongly consider it.

Reactions: Snowman

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Simply put, the Stars don't have excess defense to trade to the Leafs, and are not a good trade fit for a Leafs team that ought to be exploring ways to improve its back line. What defense they have, they need just as much as Toronto needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad