Speculation: Nylander Contract Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Uh...yeah

Pastrnak, Ehlers, Trouba, Nurse.... the list goes on and on so yeah normal.

wait ehlers was late for camp???? hrmm coulda sworn he got it done early

lots of calls for those teams to move on from nurse/trouba in their fan base.

pastrnak and me willi should never be in any kind of conversation together they ain't even close as players.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Its hard to seperate emotion from rational thinking sometimes.

Rationally I know this has to get done and will get done.

Emotionally I'm like "man you're really going to follow up being a scared wuss shitting your pants v Chara who wouldn't go into the corners vs the Bruins with a hold out? Trade him."

For the first time I'm thinking a bridge might make the most sense here for all.

One thing is for sure. I think the wussy I'm starting my summer early playoff performance followed by the contract issue puts him under a spotlight to begin the season that he probably doesn't need.

Reactions: dsred

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Come on, you don’t want to trade Willy for a third pairing overrated injury prone D man.

wow,,,, your faith in this leafs management core is astounding

ya but i can see your point,,,since they have screwed up so bad since shanny got here.:laugh:

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
or just

would rather see our D strengthened and not deal with a kid that would rather be late for this training camp,, with all that is rolling good right now

i have 0 ,,,,absolutely 0 time for a me willi type hassle.
I should add that you seem to fall under the "fan that doesn't like him" because you keep calling him me willi as if suggesting he's greedy or selfish.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Did you like him as an on ice asset last season?

Just curious. Because the contract negotiations are just the business side of the game. Teams take a stand once in a while as well. Doesn't mean we as fans have to pick sides. Just enjoy the on-ice product.

I see this more as his agent pushing for max + but trying some negotiation tactics like waiting until the 11th hour. Doesn't mean Nylander is greedy. Heck, we don't even know what they're sticking on. Could be term, could be money, could be nmc or limited nmc. I don't see it as fair to Nylander or Dubas to judge them on what we literraly don't know about their negotiations.

A) lets be precise here , the agent works FOR me willi , not the other way around

B) me willi s family is very well versed in the ways in the NHL,, this is not some noob family being foisted upon by a rogue agent just trying to "get his"

not being at camp right now falls on me willi and no one else.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I should add that you seem to fall under the "fan that doesn't like him" because you keep calling him me willi as if suggesting he's greedy or selfish.

sry that you can't see the play of words for wee willi,,you know the term that Joe bowen uses?

is he late for camp? the biggest camp in DECADES?

over the fact that he/his camp has failed to ink a contract that could have been settle over a year ago?

RE :Ehlers.

could we use more on D? to be more specific (more quality) , i am fair, i believe it takes quality to get quality

ergo,,,,,,, me willi =contract hassle at the first chance he got + need for quality D= BUH bye.

simple dispassionate calculation in my books.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
wait ehlers was late for camp???? hrmm coulda sworn he got it done early

lots of calls for those teams to move on from nurse/trouba in their fan base.

pastrnak and me willi should never be in any kind of conversation together they ain't even close as players.

Ehlers got the contract done when the season started. He was still with the team during exhibition season.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
or just

would rather see our D strengthened and not deal with a kid that would rather be late for this training camp,, with all that is rolling good right now

i have 0 ,,,,absolutely 0 time for a me willi type hassle.

So the fact that I negotiated my contract at work makes me selfish and me first type of employee???

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I don't think it's fair to paint WN as a "me" player. He has every right to negotiate the best salary for himself.

That said, he should realize what his true value is, what he's accomplished, where his strengths and weaknesses are, and how to improve on said weaknesses. That's why I think a bridge is to his advantage. If he really believes he is an $8 million/8o point guy he can prove he has the heart/desire to do so on a bridge.

Then he can get paid.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
sry that you can't see the play of words for wee willi,,you know the term that Joe bowen uses?

over the fact that he/his camp has failed to ink a contract that could have been settle over a year ago?

could we use more on D? to be more specific (more quality) , i am fair, i believe it takes quality to get quality

ergo,,,,,,, me willi =contract hassle at the first chance he got + need for quality D= BUH bye.

You dont call a player selfish and me first just because they didnt sign very fast.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Its a good they didnt move on from David Metarnak considering how good he became.
Just goes to show you dont trade players just because they didnt sign quickly.

yes and no

who is to say what the return would have been??

do they get parayko+ for him?

me willi is not even the same league as DP , so fear not

we just watched the team turn it's back and lose a 30/30 player for no returns and it was "no big deal".

i would be thrilled if me willi would even get to that mark (30/30) before i worry about "the big loss"

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

You’re making an awful lot of silly assumptions here with very little to back it up. For example, It takes two to negotiate, for all we know Shanny opted for the team to not negotiate sign Nylander until he had chosen a new GM.

Reactions: stickty111

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

but who's going to trade you a quality D for a player i've read is soft , uncompetitive and selfish ?

oh wait , that's right he's only those things because he won't sign a low ball offer , now that we want to trade him he's a budding star ready to break out and easily worth Provorov

Last edited:
Reactions: Menzinger

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
yes and no

who is to say what the return would have been??

do they get parayko+ for him?

me willi is not even the same league as DP , so fear not

we just watched the team turn it's back and lose a 30/30 player for no returns and it was "no big deal".

i would be thrilled if me willi would even get to that mark (30/30) before i worry about "the big loss"
Your not getting Parayko for him. Team Willie is a solid player and should continue to improve. He is a big loss for the team.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Your not getting Parayko for him. Team Willie is a solid player and should continue to improve. He is a big loss for the team.

no you was talking about pastrnak and good thing they did not trade him

19 year old 34g =70p pastrnak sure does get you in the conversation with a goal starved blues.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
no you was talking about pastrnak and good thing they did not trade him

19 year old 34g =70p pastrnak sure does get you in the conversation with a goal starved blues.
Like I said, good thing they didnt trade him just because he didnt sign quickly or signed late.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I'll give you guys my two cents on why I don't participate in these threads and why you shouldn't either.

These types of threads are just breeding grounds for the people that want to either:

A)Crap on Nylander
B)Crap on Dubas

Obviously not everyone falls under those categories, but you're going to be pulled in regardless because that's where the discussion goes.

Don't participate in these threads and be way better off. Who really cares what two individuals are discussing in a negotiation, it's no ones business in all honesty.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Its pretty sad.
It's really f***in' sad.

Reminds me of all those Islanders fans burning their Tavares shit this summer - Imagine being so insecure, and so attached to this stuff (or the reactions of others, I'm not entirely sure in this case) that you're willing to throw out your own dignity just to bad-mouth a 22-year-old athlete online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad