Speculation: Nylander Contract Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Why does everyone assume its Dubas that is holding things up. Can it not be Nylander asking for too much?

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
They could very well meet today or any day of the week and sign. I don't think management is panicking like some fans are. They'll work it out.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Next time any player talks politics on anything, even libreral b.s. im not commenting at all, these bastards pay more tax than anyone maybe ever..yikes
Those numbers are not even close. Those would be the numbers if a player did nothing but collect their Cheques and just did nothing with their money. Tax consultants and investment advisers make the tax payable a lot less.

Reactions: freshwind

kb

Aug 28, 2009
They were close on Thursday and then on Saturday it was off again. Hopefully it gets done in the next day or two.
A buddy of mine was saying similar. Said there is a "roadblock" (his words) right now.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Escrow ensures a fair 50/50 split, not sure how that makes the owners "parasites" or indicates the players are propping up the league.

Arizona bleeds money, and Toronto players have to foot the bill for it. Kinda parasitic if you ask me.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
A buddy of mine was saying similar. Said there is a "roadblock" (his words) right now.

roadblock, could be a no trade clause maybe. Maybe they want him to take a discount and to do it he wants a NTC

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
roadblock, could be a no trade clause maybe. Maybe they want him to take a discount and to do it he wants a NTC
My entirely uneducated assumption is something surrounding bonuses versus salary. If they are close on an overall number, the lockout-proofness of the contract may be a stalling point.

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002

players cannot get a ntc until they are 27 years old, that is why zaitsev's does not kick in until next july ...

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I might completely wrong here but I remember reading somewhere that players can’t get no trades clauses until they hit a certain age. Not sure of the age, 27 seems to be in my head, or again if I’m even right just hope a contract gets done this week for him.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
I might completely wrong here but I remember reading somewhere that players can’t get no trades clauses until they hit a certain age. Not sure of the age, 27 seems to be in my head, or again if I’m even right just hope a contract gets done this week for him.

NTCs can only kick in during the years a player is UFA eligible. So if the Leafs bought 3 years of UFA with Nylander's next contract, the NTC wouldn't kick in until the final 3 years of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad