Proposal: Nylander and Risto

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Of course I am. Domi is a much better player right now than Nylander.

That's absurd. Domi has been producing this way consistently throughout the season. He's a better centre than Nylander. Even when he's not producing, he's creating chances at a pretty good rate. He's definitely driving his own line, and it doesn't matter who he plays with, so your linemates argument doesn't hold much weight. Domi is smashing Nylander this year, and is better than Nylander's previous seasons. And with regards to Stamkos and Marchand, let alone the big other group, you're welcome to take an inferior talent for longer. He isn't anywhere near as good as them, and very likely never comes near.

Ok.. and it's true he's having a career season. But when you start talking chance generation and shot generation even in Nylander's "struggling" season he's BLOWING Domi out of the water. Not surprising since we're talking about one of the best chance generating forwards in the entire league. Oh, and he's also better defensively and as a center? Like he carried Brown and Marleau for a month while Kadri was out.

download (3).png

Oh and he's also better at generating chances than both Marchand and Stamkos, and is better defensively, so awks?

download (5).png

download (4).png

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Dubas states it publically when the contract was announced.....

it was one of the main reasons for the holdout. Apperently without a NMC he didn’t want to give a discount to make him an attractive trade asset.
There was a lot of speculation that with Tavares coming over he was the odd man out and will be used to acquire defensive help
a discount, that's rich.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think Nylander for Ristolainen is a very fair trade. The Sabres get the brothers together, and the Leafs get a top four RHD
Yes, both players had recent struggles, but they are still both very young, and will for sure mature and improve.
the real loser if this trade actually happened would be Buffalo's GM, can you imagine having to resign not one, but two Nylanders? No one deserves that kind of abuse imo.

Reactions: DavePoulin4PM

The Shrike

Jul 13, 2008
Toronto
Dubas would never make this deal. He is firmly in the advanced stat camp, and if you look at the two players numbers, it would be a considerable downgrade.

Reactions: Morgs

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
If there was a Risto for William Nylander trade the Sabres would definitely have to add a significant piece and I don’t mean a 2nd round pick. Risto has Tons of ability but he has developed seriously bad habits that will take time to remove. That’s costly.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
If there was a Risto for William Nylander trade the Sabres would definitely have to add a significant piece and I don’t mean a 2nd round pick. Risto has Tons of ability but he has developed seriously bad habits that will take time to remove. That’s costly.
Lol no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad