Confirmed with Link: NYI-VAN Beauvillier, 1st (2023 Top 12 Protected), Raty for Bo Horvat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Horvat is underrated by this fanbase if anything.

Is he a 60 goal scorer? No. But nobody is really selling him as such.

He’s a top 20 goal scoring Center over 4-6 seasons. Top 40 in points. Top face off guy. Plays top 10 minutes at the position.

All mostly with linemates like Pearson, Hoglander, Baertschi etc

People are only looking at his next deal through the lens of this terrible cap structure and prospect deficiency.

I do find it funny that JT Miller breaking out at a similar age had been accepted but Horvat’s is “going to fall off a cliff”.

An 8 year deal to Horvat expires when he’s 34. Kadri just locked in for 7 years at 32 lol.

I’m fine with the return just to put that out there. That’s what rentals return. I’m just disappointed at having to do this after their half way measures of the past year and signing the older more volatile personality.
That lens does not lie...it just would have been nice for management to use it consistently. Trading Horvat is the right call, not trading Miller was the wrong call. Re-signing these guys just prolongs the pain.

Reactions: mossey3535

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
highly doubt Bo signs with a team like NYI.

He’s just spent his entire career on a team struggling to make the playoffs with no prospect pool; why lock in to another version of that?

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
I guess the interesting thing with this move is it signals rebuild. Beauvillier is the third piece they got and they may well flip him so it’s really a first and Prospect, and they’re clearly a worse team without Horvat this year and next. I suspect next up is moving Boeser and they’re gonna have to pay with either retention or sweeteners to make that happen, and I don’t expect much of anything coming back. Kind of depressing that he was a Calder finalist just a couple years ago.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Lou has bought himself a much bigger piece to trade for an upgrade on those he l was trying to get rid of anyways at the TDL.

The two you got combined won't replace what you lost in Bo.

Even trading both of them at the TDL won't net much either as neither is really sought after to begin with and Lou has been trying to dump Beau for a year and his candy 1st rounder, Raty, is not nearly prime Fnnish chocoalte anyways.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
the owners are amazing. the building is amazing the there are fantastic places to live out there. I believe they will sign him, 8/75.
$75 mill over 8 years is like $9.375 million.

I like the Isles goaltending and D. Forward group, a couple of extra guys like Bailey, Nelson, Palmeri, JPP, making in the $5-6 mill range that don't bring that level of offense. Lack some extra creativity. Reminds me of the LA Kings of the 2012-2015 days. Great playoff structured team, but struggle in the regular season to gain easy points, where you could rely on your stars to win a few games and get that buffer to more easily qualify for the PO.

Bailey has another year left, so he'd be the easiest to move term wise. Nelson & Palmeri have 2 more years left.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
highly doubt Bo signs with a team like NYI.

He’s just spent his entire career on a team struggling to make the playoffs with no prospect pool; why lock in to another version of that?
This is a lesson in how a competitive window that appears to be opening and, when it doesn’t, failure to pivot.

3.5 years ago they were coming off a 103 point season with a 21 year old Barzal leading their scoring and a 26 to 28 year old core. Today their stars (minus Barzal) are in their 30s, they have no prospects and they could miss the playoffs. They positive is that they have a young Dobson and Barzal could rebound or be traded for younger assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad