Proposal: NYI to ARI: for Hjalmarson and Ekman-Larson

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
You still made the offer, it's still terrible regardless of how interested or not you are to acquire OEL. It's awful. One of the worst proposals I've ever seen on here. You want a #1 defender and a #3 shutdown defender, you're going to have to give up something that hurts.

I've lost interest in OEL as he is not what the NYI need right now, and Hjal might be coming to the end years of his career. ARI has little to no leverage with him given his decline and pending FA status. If the NYI were one guy away from true cup contention maybe I'd overpay, needing several defensemen plus a true starting goalie makes me less interested in tossing more than a player and a #1 pick for him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Your narrative doesn't hold water at all. He's had an unlucky season but is generally a healthy player. He's played 81, 82, 81, and 73 in his last four seasons respectively. He's also not declining. Before injuries he was the best player on our team by a wide margin most nights. He's still a top five shut down D in the league. Maybe top three.

Reactions: Heldig and hbk

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I remember debating Coyotes fans about Strome a while back. Those were some good times. Hard to take their player valuations seriously.

Most likely OEL walks for nothing. Ironically Tavares may do the same. Realistically both teams should be looking to offload those guys for picks at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: nystromshairstylist

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I remember debating Coyotes games about Strome a while back. Those were some good times. Hard to take their player valuations seriously.

Most likely OEL walks for nothing. Ironically Tavares may do the same. Realistically both teams should be looking to offload those guys for picks at this point.
I think it makes more sense to wait until post draft lottery IF OEL refuses to discuss extension (which doesn't appear to be the case). Most likely alternative is an extension. Being dealt at draft second. Least likely is the alternative that seems be popping up on this board which is to deal him now. Just nobody wants to hear it when AZ fans say that line of thinking is premature.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
That's nice. Maybe they'll ask for Tavares too, plus $100MM in cash and a private jet as well.

As I said earlier in the thread, like 5 pages back, that both d-men have 1 year left on their contracts, meaning even if they were Crosby and Malkin ARI is not operating from a position of strength as both will be pending free agents.

Even mentioning Barzal in the conversation is frankly, insulting and laughable.
Sure and trading a pile of garbage for a #1D isn't "insulting, and laughable"

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
To ARI:
- both first round picks in 2018
- Brock Nelson
- Thomas Hickey
- Adam Pelech
- Alan Quine
- Shane Prince
- Josh Ho-Sang

To NYI:
- Oliver Ekman-Larsen
- Niklas Hjalmarson

================================

If not acceptable, OEL must be part of any deal-so make me an offer...

They can acquire mediocre talent through the draft or FA, they don't need to trade OEL and Hjalmarson for our middle of the road "meh" players

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
There's way too much Pelech bashing going on in here. He's a good bottom pair guy with potential to be a solid middle pair guy.

No, he won't be a centerpiece for OEL, but he's absolutely not trash, he does have decent trade value, and the contract Snow signed him too is one of the best moves he's made in the past couple years.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad