Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] PA Parenteau (1 year, $1.25M)

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
He deserves this contract. Capuano aint the coach Babs is, but i still see PA hitting the teens in goals

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Very nice deal for the Islanders. He had a good bounce back year after getting bought out, and now he is returning to the team where he had a fair bit of success.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Ladd (25 goals last season) + Parenteau (20 goals last season) + Chimera (20 goals last season)

Subtract 52 goals, add 65 goals.

Chimera is 37 and only has had two 20 goal season in his NHL career and he won't be playing on the same type of team in Brooklyn like he did in DC this past season. All up to Parenteau and Ladd to make up for what the NYI lost.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
View attachment 90769

Cheap option to make up for some of the scoring lost with Okposo/Nielsen leaving. Parenteau's point totals should go up playing on a powerplay that knows how to finish.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Good solid move. No risk at all really and Parenteau back with the Isles just feels like something that should happen.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
No guarantee he takes Okposo's spot. This may just be a depth signing. Either way, at 1.25, it's a great signing.

Unhealthy Scratch

Auston 4:16
Mar 15, 2016
Great signing by the Islanders. Parenteau is one of the more underrated players in the league IMO.

Solid possession stats and can finish. Give him Okposo's old spot on Tavares' RW, some top PP minutes and I could see him putting up career highs in goals/points.

It's getting harder not to adopt the Isles as a second team with all their former Leafs.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Chimera is 37 and only has had two 20 goal season in his NHL career and he won't be playing on the same type of team in Brooklyn like he did in DC this past season. All up to Parenteau and Ladd to make up for what the NYI lost.
I don't think it's too far-fetched to think that Chimera could bring more offense than what Martin did. Chimera's two most common linemates last season were Wilson and Beagle. Those two players weren't nearly as good as Cizikas was this past season.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Okay let's completely discount Chimera's production because you say so :laugh:

Yup, that's how it works.

Islanders certainly became an older team overnight.

Not at all. Ladd is around to stay, but PAP is signed for one year and Chimera will get bottom 6 duties for 2. Barzal, Dal Colle, Ho-Sang, then Beau, and eventually Bellows are all hungry for NHL minutes. Maybe if the Rangers had a stocked cabinet like the Islanders, you'd understand the importance of preparing your bluechip prospects for spots in the organization ;)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Ladd-Tavares-Parenteau
Lee-Strome-Nelson
Kulemin-Grabovski-Bailey
Chimera-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Prince

Or

Ladd-Tavares-Parenteau
Kulemin-Nelson-Bailey
Grabovksi-Strome-Lee
Prince

Basically lines one and four are set for the start of the season, barring a sweetheart trade that brings a top six winger to NYI.

Parenteau will get a chance to secure that top line RW position over the first 40 games, I'd think. It's a not a guarantee he'll lineup there all 82 games.

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.
Last time he played with Tavares (2011-2012) he outscored P. Kane, Ovie, Kunitz, Pacioretty, Bergeron, Lucic.

Then to me........that's an absolute AWESOME signing ! PA at the very least should be able to recoup some of those points playing with, Tavares . Capuano would be stupid not to play Tavares, & PA together at least some of the time .

scott99

May 13, 2005
Lucic will give McDavid more room to breathe and thus his point totals which should make the Oilers slightly better. Parenteau's 20 goals will only partially make up for the 52 goals lost by the NYI in Okposo, Nielsen and Martin departures.

Lost 52 goals gained 65 (Ladd 25, PAP 20 Chimera 20).

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
Then to me........that's an absolute AWESOME signing ! PA at the very least should be able to recoup some of those points playing with, Tavares . Capuano would be stupid not to play Tavares, & PA together at least some of the time .

Just an FYI....capuano IS stupid. Somehow he gets back to back 100pt seasons despite it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ladd-Tavares-Parenteau
Lee-Strome-Nelson
Kulemin-Grabovski-Bailey
Prince

Or

Ladd-Tavares-Parenteau
Kulemin-Nelson-Bailey
Grabovksi-Strome-Lee
Prince

Basically lines one and four are set for the start of the season, barring a sweetheart trade that brings a top six winger to NYI.

Parenteau will get a chance to secure that top line RW position over the first 40 games, I'd think. It's a not a guarantee he'll lineup there all 82 games.

Wasn't one of the main issues with the Islanders last season the lack of consistent secondary scoring? A common complaint that I heard from Isles fans was that Snow relied on the youngsters (Nelson, Lee, Strome) to be that consistent scoring threat, but all three struggled to some extent.

Obviously it's early in the summer and there are deals out there to fix this, but I still think that middle six (Lines 2 and 3) aren't where they need to be in order for the Isles to improve on last season. The Tavares line is fine, and the Cizikas line is very good. But I'm not seeing the middle six that can compete with the best teams in the East.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016

Well, I guess pa will not be playing with jt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad