Confirmed Trade: [NYI/OTT] JG Pageau to Islanders for cond. 2020/21 1st (top 3 protected), 2020 2nd, & cond. 2022 3rd

Batrous

May 4, 2016
Looks like this trade worked out well for the Islanders. Will be interesting to see who the Senators get with the late first-round pick or if they move it.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Looks like this trade worked out well for the Islanders. Will be interesting to see who the Senators get with the late first-round pick or if they move it.

I would love to see the Islanders trade Leddy(to open capspace) for that pick or even Ottawa's 2nd but my guess is his back loaded contract is a huge no from the Sens

Reactions: Altimus

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I wonder what all the other teams who thought their team didn’t need to pick up a third liner think now?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I wonder what all the other teams who thought their team didn’t need to pick up a third liner think now?

Sometimes these are the best acquisitions at the deadline. Everyone thinks it’s the big name guy, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. The depth guys are the best moves sometimes. It’s worked out very well in this case. Happy to see Pageau doing so well.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Tomorrow will mark the one year anniversary of this trade. This has turned out to be a very good trade for the Isles, Sens fans were right about Pageau. Isles fans will love him. He has been arguably the 2nd best forward for the Islanders this season. 7 goals ties him for 2nd on the team, more than that, he is excellent defensively and fits in as a good team player. Plays more like a #2C than a #3C. Great trade and signing by Lou, there is no doubt the Isles do not make it to the conference finals without Pageau last year. Good trade for both teams. Hope Sens draft picks work out which would make this deal a win for both teams.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Tomorrow will mark the one year anniversary of this trade. This has turned out to be a very good trade for the Isles, Sens fans were right about Pageau. Isles fans will love him. He has been arguably the 2nd best forward for the Islanders this season. 7 goals ties him for 2nd on the team, more than that, he is excellent defensively and fits in as a good team player. Plays more like a #2C than a #3C. Great trade and signing by Lou, there is no doubt the Isles do not make it to the conference finals without Pageau last year. Good trade for both teams. Hope Sens draft picks work out which would make this deal a win for both teams.

Pageau is a great player and seems to be exactly what the Isle needed, while doing little for the senators at the their current roster construction. The picks landed us Ridley Grieg and most of the Tyler Kleven pick, two nice prospects that fit the timeline of our team better. Ridley Grieg in particular has a bit of a similar skilled pest type of game to him like Pageau, and both are “undersized” as far as gritty players go. Seems like one of the rare “fair” trades.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
What a horrible trade. 3 picks at the lottery.. could have traded those picks to move up a few spots and nab a good player instead they trade for a fading Pageau. To little to late.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
After facing off against Ottawa in 2017, I really liked JGP. Really wish JR would have nabbed him over Brassard. Dude just brings so many things to the table that everyone loves. Really hard not to the like the guy.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
What? I think JG is fading. He’ll have a couple good years but at the expense of three high picks for a guy who won’t bring them to a Stanley cup?
A late first, a late second and a cond. 3rd (that never ended up being given) is hardly 3 high picks. Happy for what we got as a Sens fan but is certainly not 3 high picks.

While Pageau might not be THE guy to bring them to the cup, I would argue that the list of players who'd be able to have that kind of impact to a team is very short. Hockey is a team game and Pageaus addition to the Islanders was definitely apparent and noticeable to everyone.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
A late first, a late second and a cond. 3rd (that never ended up being given) is hardly 3 high picks. Happy for what we got as a Sens fan but is certainly not 3 high picks.
The late first could have been in the mid to high teens as the Islanders were in free fall before the shut down and improved greatly when hockey started back up. But then again they benefited from San Jose melting down at the right time to get Stutzle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad