Confirmed Trade: [NYI/OTT] Braydon Coburn for 2022 7th round pick

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You're not going to be able to draft anymore Andong Song's or Cody Rosen's if you keep giving up these valuable late round picks.

This dangerous mortgaging of the future that LL is doing just shows what an incompetent senile mess he is. He needs to start browsing the waiver wire to make up for this ineptitude. I hope Robbie Schrempf is available.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I was expecting a return of Tobias Lindberg at best so this works for me

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Coburn is a warrior and a decent depth defenseman. He stepped up when needed for the cup run in TBL last year. I will give you screen and borgoman for him right now lol. He'll I'll even throw in a 7th.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
And it's a 7th in 2022.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
He's definitely not an option for a top six anymore, despite DJ Smith giving him quite a few chances. Not a bad guy to have as your 8/9 in the playoffs, and could play heavily sheltered minutes and get by on intelligence and experience, although he would be a turnstile against a quicker opponent.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Oh well. He won’t see the ice barring injuries so it’s decent depth I guess
i completely understand your comment and believe this is what NHL GMs are thinking too. I dont understand how a GM doesnt believe their season is over tho, if you are in the playoffs and have enough injuries that you are playing Coburn. If it gets to that point your team is eliminated and just doesnt know it yet. Also understand a 7th round pick does not matter.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Can there be a lower price than a 7th pick in the draft after the next draft?

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
I mean I guess he is an improvement over Sebastian Aho, but I am just worried that Barry Trotz will play him over Noah Dobson. As much as I like Trotz as a head coach, he does have an unhealthy obssession with some complete black holes offensively. Benching Wahlstrom for Komarov. Giving Komarov LW1 minutes. Komarov's only value should be if someone on the fourth line needs a day off. Anything else you are hurting the team. Playing Bailey on the PP because he is responsible defensively.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Can there be a lower price than a 7th pick in the draft after the next draft?

People laugh at 7th rounders but when you look at the players taken the past 10 years it's nowhere near the same as getting a late round pick when the draft went to 11 rounds.

Some recent 7th rounders:
Matt Roy
Nutivaara
Kase
Olofsson
Andreas Johnsson
Weegar
Kubalik
Gusev
Palat
Dzingel

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I mean I guess he is an improvement over Sebastian Aho, but I am just worried that Barry Trotz will play him over Noah Dobson. As much as I like Trotz as a head coach, he does have an unhealthy obssession with some complete black holes offensively. Benching Wahlstrom for Komarov. Giving Komarov LW1 minutes. Komarov's only value should be if someone on the fourth line needs a day off. Anything else you are hurting the team. Playing Bailey on the PP because he is responsible defensively.

Trotz is not a deep playoffs coach, got lucky with Ovechkin.

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
Coburn has been to the Stanley Cup Final three times? The Leafs have never been there since 1967. They couldn't use him as a depth defenseman?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: