Proposal: NYI-LA---NYI-Col---NYI-Ott

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Too much from CO and takes away needs. I could maybe see something around Byram for Nelson, but I’d imagine the assets around the edges would be different. Lehkonens value is pretty high due to his age, contract, and value to the Avs

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Islanders need a major retool.
To Islanders- Pierre-Luc Dubois (1 million retained per year), Brandt Clarke, Arthur Kaliyev
To L.A.------- Anders Lee, Sam Bolduc, Wahlstrom, 2024 1st.

To Islanders-Bowan Byram, Artturi Lehkonen
To Colorado-Brock Nelson, Adam Pelech

To Islanders- Shane Pinto, Tarasenko
To Ottawa ---J.G. Pageau, Alex Romanov

Tarasenko-Horvat-Barzal
Kaliyev-Dubois-Palmieri
Engvall-Pinto-Lehkonen
Holmstrom-Cisikas-Fasching

Dobson-Pulock
Byram-Clarke
Mayfield -Reilly

Hopefully Roy can get Dubois on the right path.
Ottawa needs a RD, not a LD.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Too much from CO and takes away needs. I could maybe see something around Byram for Nelson, but I’d imagine the assets around the edges would be different. Lehkonens value is pretty high due to his age, contract, and value to the Avs
Isles don’t need another OFD in return. Byram isn’t going to replace Dobson. Forwards are the need honestly.

Reactions: Glorydays22

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Ideally Nelson should return what Lindholm did, if not more based on his cap hit and playstyle. If its a 1st plus a prospect who isn't highly rated (or overhyped due to the franchise who drafted them), not worth it. He's much better then the typical leftovers plus a pick that people think they can get him for.

Nelson is 27?

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Isles don’t need another OFD in return. Byram isn’t going to replace Dobson. Forwards are the need honestly.
That's fine. I don't think an Avs fan made the proposal in the first place. I honestly don't know the Islanders needs, just coming at it from an Avalanche perspective. Nelson is a fit for sure, but I'd imagine a pick and a prospect is probably more likely.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
That's fine. I don't think an Avs fan made the proposal in the first place. I honestly don't know the Islanders needs, just coming at it from an Avalanche perspective. Nelson is a fit for sure, but I'd imagine a pick and a prospect is probably more likely.
If Colorado still had him, Newhook would have been the player of interest. Byram is good but would be a 2nd fiddle playing bottom pairing (and 2nd PP) minutes based on the current blueline. He’s not passing Pelech or Romanov. The islanders need forwards at the moment. Based on the current roster; the main pieces (pending Nelson is moved) moving forward upfront are: Barzal, Horvat, Holmstrom. Basically every other forward is replaceable in some form.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
So basically undervalue Nelson because another team wants him? Noted.

Who's undervaluing/overvaluing? Whats the age difference?

Quite honestly, Nelson's age could be a stealthy blessing in that he'd theoretically have less leverage on his next deal (assuming his play doesnt severely decline and both sides are interested). But thats hardly a safe go to argument standing here today.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Who's undervaluing/overvaluing? Whats the age difference?

Quite honestly, Nelson's age could be a stealthy blessing in that he'd theoretically have less leverage on his next deal (assuming his play doesnt severely decline and both sides are interested). But thats hardly a safe go to argument standing here today.
Considering what Lindholm went for, offering a 1st and a B prospect (at best) is completely undervaluing Nelson. His best seasons product wise have been the recent ones compared to what most players do at 30+. The problem is that people are expecting to offer up deals for him like he’s a bottom 6 player the Islanders want to move out and need to so they can sign some leftover UFA for too much money in free agency.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
If Colorado still had him, Newhook would have been the player of interest. Byram is good but would be a 2nd fiddle playing bottom pairing (and 2nd PP) minutes based on the current blueline. He’s not passing Pelech or Romanov. The islanders need forwards at the moment. Based on the current roster; the main pieces (pending Nelson is moved) moving forward upfront are: Barzal, Horvat, Holmstrom. Basically every other forward is replaceable in some form.
Yeah I'd imagine the Islanders would be looking at Ritchie from the Avs. Who I'm not sure they'd move for Nelson. Agreed on Newhook from what you're saying. Not sure he would've been a great fit for the Islanders but I can see the interest.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Yeah I'd imagine the Islanders would be looking at Ritchie from the Avs. Who I'm not sure they'd move for Nelson. Agreed on Newhook from what you're saying. Not sure he would've been a great fit for the Islanders but I can see the interest.
I’d be asking for a 1st and Ritchie at minimum. The same way from Detroit I want either Danielson or Sandin-Pellika in addition to their 1st. Nelson at 32 is still scoring 35+ in a spot where most players at his age regress.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I’d be asking for a 1st and Ritchie at minimum. The same way from Detroit I want either Danielson or Sandin-Pellika in addition to their 1st. Nelson at 32 is still scoring 35+ in a spot where most players at his age regress.
I get where you're coming from but there would have to be some retention at this point. Unfortunately the results to justify that price for a 32 YO just doesn't make a ton of sense for a good number of teams. The contract is long (and a good value overall), but health for 32+ players on longer term deals just never age well. I hope he breaks the curve, and who knows maybe the Avs pay it, but I wouldn't. I'd rather pay near or more than that for Mitts.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Islanders need a major retool.
To Islanders- Pierre-Luc Dubois (1 million retained per year), Brandt Clarke, Arthur Kaliyev
To L.A.------- Anders Lee, Sam Bolduc, Wahlstrom, 2024 1st.

To Islanders-Bowan Byram, Artturi Lehkonen
To Colorado-Brock Nelson, Adam Pelech

To Islanders- Shane Pinto, Tarasenko
To Ottawa ---J.G. Pageau, Alex Romanov

Tarasenko-Horvat-Barzal
Kaliyev-Dubois-Palmieri
Engvall-Pinto-Lehkonen
Holmstrom-Cisikas-Fasching

Dobson-Pulock
Byram-Clarke
Mayfield -Reilly

Hopefully Roy can get Dubois on the right path.
You can't possibly have thought the one with Ottawa was remotely reasonable on any level.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You honestly think Pinto gets you Dobson?

That's as bad as the OP trades
No but Tarasenko is gonna get them a first and Pinto is a very good young player. For a cap dump and what would be ottawas 4th ld. Horrid horrid proposal.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
yeah that's fair, all of these deals make no sense lololol. We probably would deal you Pulock for Pinto if there was a way to balance out the cap fwiw.
Ottawa can find a RD another way.. All their other centers are undersized or average size and are lefties. They have assets that are way easier to Deal. Pinto isn't available.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Ottawa trades a young top 6 two way centre and a vet who pulls a second or first round pick at the deadline. Gets an aging Pageau an a left shot D who slots into the minors due to having Sanderson, Chabot and Chychrun on the left side. Where do we sign lol

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Nelson is 27?
Nelson has 1 year left on his deal at 6M. Given that + his physical condition, his age (32) is irrelevant. He's been extremely durable his entire career, and the eye test wrt mobility doesn't lie. His contract is just about perfect for him, and he's shown the ability to score big goals in the playoffs. And he can fit either a 2nd line center or LW on any line.

As a NYI fan, I don't really care when he gets dealt so long as NYI get good value. There arguably could be more teams involved at the draft, so perhaps the value could be better then. The best & most obvious fits right now imo are Colorado & Boston.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
There is no chance the Avs would put both a 1st + Ritchie on the table.

I like Nelson a lot. He's great. I don't think the Avs have the assets to land him. We've got a few excellent assets (both our 2023 1st round picks), but nothing after that with anything close to the same value. 2024 1st is the next best thing. And then nothing much behind that which is close to value. Ritchie is the Avs future 2C. Exactly the type of player we need. A big, 2way C on a cheap contract.

Avs used up too much of their trade collateral in past deals. I can't find enough compensation to land Nelson with a base of the 2024 1st knowing RyJo also needs to be dumped.

NYI will find better trade partners honestly.

I would do Girard + 2024 1st for Nelson.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

I like Nelson a lot. He's great. I don't think the Avs have the assets to land him. We've got a few excellent assets (both our 2023 1st round picks), but nothing after that with anything close to the same value. 2024 1st is the next best thing. And then nothing much behind that which is close to value. Ritchie is the Avs future 2C. Exactly the type of player we need. A big, 2way C on a cheap contract.

Avs used up too much of their trade collateral in past deals. I can't find enough compensation to land Nelson with a base of the 2024 1st knowing RyJo also needs to be dumped.

Isles pass on Girard.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011

No interest at all in Girard. If we deal Nelson to you, we need a top C prospect in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad