Proposal: NYI-LA---NYI-Col---NYI-Ott

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Shane Pinto is so much better than people outside Ottawa realize.

Doesn't fill an organizational need for Ottawa and the value is bad. Call us when Dobson or Pulock are available, otherwise I don't see a single fit from a Senators perspective.
Isles fans are always on a mission to assemble every former Long Island resident lolol. Some fans would be ecstatic if Lou put together a squad that had McAvoy, Thompson, Pinto, Palmieri, Milano, and a bunch of AHL scrubs with a cousin from Massapequa

Last edited:

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
No. But Dobson and Pulock being unavailable make Pinto unavailable. Sens aren't going to create a hole without filling one.
In what world does Shane Pinto get you get you a 24 year old PPG+ RHD playing 25 minutes a game? Dobson has more points this season than Pinto has in his career and he's one year older lmao. Pulock we could talk about though, that seems about right

Last edited:

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Am I missing something? Why would Romanov and Pelech be available? NYI fans able to enlighten me or is this just shit vs wall?

Dubois is stuck in LA whether they or him like it or not unless they buy him out this summer.
Romanov is extremely unavailable. Some of us are speculating that Lou might make an Arnott type trade to shake up the roster, and Pelech is potentially less suited to Roy's style than he was to Trotz's. He has an NMC and would need to waive, so probably would only do so to go to a perennial contender or home to Toronto.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I mean the Isles are not doing shit with their current roster. Somethings gotta change
Would you trade Sanderson for filler pieces based on what his current game looks like? That’s basically what the Romanov deal would be.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Why would Senators want a 5 million dollar centre on the fourth line, and a D on the fourth pair.
Romanov is a 24 year old cost controlled defensemen thriving on our first pairing. Tarasenko is an aging winger with a long injury history and 30 games left on his contract. Which is why there's absolutely no way Romanov is available for Tarasenko. But for the record, acquiring the more-defensive-minded-so-less-expensive Romanov would allow the Sens to feel better about dealing moving on from Chychrun or Chabot which I'm guessing is the long term plan, rather than spending 25M a year on your LHD

Reactions: WangMustGo

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Islanders need a major retool.
To Islanders- Pierre-Luc Dubois (1 million retained per year), Brandt Clarke, Arthur Kaliyev
To L.A.------- Anders Lee, Sam Bolduc, Wahlstrom, 2024 1st.

To Islanders-Bowan Byram, Artturi Lehkonen
To Colorado-Brock Nelson, Adam Pelech

To Islanders- Shane Pinto, Tarasenko
To Ottawa ---J.G. Pageau, Alex Romanov

Tarasenko-Horvat-Barzal
Kaliyev-Dubois-Palmieri
Engvall-Pinto-Lehkonen
Holmstrom-Cisikas-Fasching

Dobson-Pulock
Byram-Clarke
Mayfield -Reilly

Hopefully Roy can get Dubois on the right path.
I really like how there is no discrimination here, all teams are completely ripped off by the Islanders (especially the Kings!)

Reactions: bert

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Romanov is a 24 year old cost controlled defensemen thriving on our first pairing. Tarasenko is an aging winger with a long injury history and 30 games left on his contract. Which is why there's absolutely no way Romanov is available for Tarasenko. But for the record, acquiring the more-defensive-minded-so-less-expensive Romanov would allow the Sens to feel better about dealing moving on from Chychrun or Chabot which I'm guessing is the long term plan, rather than spending 25M a year on your LHD
Exactly that’s why they want a RD, not another LD. Especially since it’s possible Kleven will be in the mix next for LD as well.

Reactions: bert and Altimus

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
You wouldn't trade an aging Tarasenko for Romanov and Pageau?

I think you're crazy.

I mean unless I can get more for them both individually when I flip them immediately after the trade for more than I’d get for Tarasenko anyway.

So let’s say Tarasenko gets us a 1st in the 25-32 range, would either Pageau or Romanov bring back a 1st?
because it it’s not then no I wouldn’t make the trade. I’d rather the late 1st the 2 mid 2nds or whatever.

There is ZERO place on our roster for either Pageau or Romanov.

Reactions: Altimus

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Colorado GM better be fired if he ever trades Lehkonen
He should be fired if he trades Byram for a 32 year old player with only one more year remaining on his deal. (Nelson will be 33 at the beginning of next season).

You just don't see those deals in reality. They only exist on these boards and other forms media.

Reactions: AvStock

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
So let’s say Tarasenko gets us a 1st in the 25-32 range, would either Pageau or Romanov bring back a 1st?
Yes, he would. I get that fans of other teams aren't up on this, but Romanov has really stepped up this year. He's playing 22 minutes a game on the 1st pair and is a +15 on a negative team. He's 6'1", 210lbs with high end skating/agility, and he can hit. The Isles traded a #13 overall pick to get him, and I'm very happy with that deal - he's the perfect partner for Dobson.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Is there a scenario where the Avs could pay a 1st + prospect for Nelson or Isles would only consider retool?
Ideally Nelson should return what Lindholm did, if not more based on his cap hit and playstyle. If its a 1st plus a prospect who isn't highly rated (or overhyped due to the franchise who drafted them), not worth it. He's much better then the typical leftovers plus a pick that people think they can get him for.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal

Ideally Nelson should return what Lindholm did, if not more based on his cap hit and playstyle. If its a 1st plus a prospect who isn't highly rated (or overhyped due to the franchise who drafted them), not worth it. He's much better then the typical leftovers plus a pick that people think they can get him for.

At First, I would say that I consider Lindholm a bit more valuable due to his "Selke" status but we get 2 seasons... That said, not sure what is Kovalenko opinion here, he's gonna join NHL this year after his KHL season.

To Colorado

Brock Nelson

To Isles

Nikolai Kovalenko
Ryan Johansen
1st rd 2024
3rd rd 2025

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
At First, I would say that I consider Lindholm a bit more valuable due to his "Selke" status but we get 2 seasons... That said, not sure what is Kovalenko opinion here, he's gonna join NHL this year after his KHL season.

To Colorado

Brock Nelson

To Isles

Nikolai Kovalenko
Ryan Johansen
1st rd 2024
3rd rd 2025

Big haul there.

Nelson to Detroit for Edvinsson and a 1st

• Wow
Reactions: bleuetbio

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

To Colorado

Brock Nelson

To Isles

Nikolai Kovalenko
Ryan Johansen
1st rd 2024
3rd rd 2025
No interest in RyJo or Kovalenko (or anyone under KHL contract with the whole circus).

Reactions: Glorydays22

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Islanders need forward prospects more than defenseman honestly. If it’s defense, that’s not the Swedish defenseman in the Wings system of interest.

Still a hell of a proposal. A recent top 10 pick + a most likely top 20th 2024 pick for Nelson isnt bad at all. Avs cant top that!

It looks like the Zegras proposals seen recently

Reactions: WangMustGo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad