Proposal: NYI-LA---NYI-Col---NYI-Ott

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
Islanders need a major retool.
To Islanders- Pierre-Luc Dubois (1 million retained per year), Brandt Clarke, Arthur Kaliyev
To L.A.------- Anders Lee, Sam Bolduc, Wahlstrom, 2024 1st.

To Islanders-Bowan Byram, Artturi Lehkonen
To Colorado-Brock Nelson, Adam Pelech

To Islanders- Shane Pinto, Tarasenko
To Ottawa ---J.G. Pageau, Alex Romanov

Tarasenko-Horvat-Barzal
Kaliyev-Dubois-Palmieri
Engvall-Pinto-Lehkonen
Holmstrom-Cisikas-Fasching

Dobson-Pulock
Byram-Clarke
Mayfield -Reilly

Hopefully Roy can get Dubois on the right path.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Don't see the Avs trading Lehkonen even if Nichushkin returns and finds form.

It seems like the Avs might be open to trading Byram. Not sure what might balance out a trade involving Nelson.

Last edited:

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Guess tonight is amateur hour.

Only that Rangers-Ducks proposal is drawing away attention from just how awful this one is.

Reactions: bert

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Let’s start from the top:
-PLD is a head case so that’s an automatic no. He’ll complain the first instance Roy yells at him and just coast his way until he gets dealt.
-Nelson AND Pelech for Byram and Lehkonen is a massive downgrade for the roster and the 2 pieces returning won’t make up for what both him and Pelech bring to the roster.
-You’re not trading Romanov, 23 year old defender who’s an absolute rock alongside Dobson to maybe lateral the center position after offing Brock Nelson.

Just please stop playing NHL on franchise mode drunk and thinking you made good deals

Move out: Aho, Wahlstrom, Martin, Clutterbuck and possibly one of Pageau/Palmieri then roll with what’s in the system from there.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
Let’s start from the top:
-PLD is a head case so that’s an automatic no. He’ll complain the first instance Roy yells at him and just coast his way until he gets dealt.
-Nelson AND Pelech for Byram and Lehkonen is a massive downgrade for the roster and the 2 pieces returning won’t make up for what both him and Pelech bring to the roster.
-You’re not trading Romanov, 23 year old defender who’s an absolute rock alongside Dobson to maybe lateral the center position after offing Brock Nelson.

Just please stop playing NHL on franchise mode drunk and thinking you made good deals

Move out: Aho, Wahlstrom, Martin, Clutterbuck and possibly one of Pageau/Palmieri then roll with what’s in the system from there.
You don't like the deals that's fine. But what is ironic is that you don't like them from an Islanders standpoint. Everyone else who responded don't like it from the other teams standpoint.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You don't like the deals that's fine. But what is ironic is that you don't like them from an Islanders standpoint. Everyone else who responded don't like it from the other teams standpoint.
I’ve been watching the Islanders long enough to know these deals won’t help them out at all and wont work moving forward. I don’t like it simply because it moves out pieces they should keep and overloads them with more of what they don’t need. They don’t need another offensive defenseman with what Dobson has done this year and show he can sustain it. PLD and his circus in Winnipeg irritated me to no end, shows the guy could care less about anyone but himself and doesn’t play into a team system unless it benefits him. The only player I’d target out of everyone listed is Pinto since he has connections and grew up (10 minutes away from UBS) an Islanders fan.

To add to why Ottawa declines, Romanov is a LHD, Ott can't add another Lefty.
Swap Romanov for Mayfield and it’s a done deal.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
if it was just so easy to make a retool.
HFBoards Trade Rumors Dealer: How many cards, Iggy?

Iggy: I'll take one, off the top......no, two......hmmmmn, no, three......no, make that four......can we start over?

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
What would Isles expect from the Avs for Nelson only?
If NYI would decide to deal Nelson, which I think they should, it would be a 1st + with the + being the best we could get from teams who'd want him. ftr, I think Nelson would an excellent addition, especially if he could shift to the wing.

Unlike other NYI fans, I do not believe NYI should obtain near-term salary commitments/requirements. Picks are better. NYI's near term strategy has to be to rebuild the bottom-6/PK, and that can be done via free agency imo.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Shane Pinto is so much better than people outside Ottawa realize.

Doesn't fill an organizational need for Ottawa and the value is bad. Call us when Dobson or Pulock are available, otherwise I don't see a single fit from a Senators perspective.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Shane Pinto is so much better than people outside Ottawa realize.

Doesn't fill an organizational need for Ottawa and the value is bad. Call us when Dobson or Pulock are available, otherwise I don't see a single fit from a Senators perspective.
Neither will be available. Maybe Pulock in 5 years when he’s at the tail end of his career but Dobson you can watch for 82+ games a season on ESPN+ (or Hulu) if you have a subscription.

If NYI would decide to deal Nelson, which I think they should, it would be a 1st + with the + being the best we could get from teams who'd want him. ftr, I think Nelson would an excellent addition, especially if he could shift to the wing.

Unlike other NYI fans, I do not believe NYI should obtain near-term salary commitments/requirements. Picks are better. NYI's near term strategy has to be to rebuild the bottom-6/PK, and that can be done via free agency imo.
If Nelson is moved, move him for futures/a serviceable player on an expiring deal to fill a temporary roster spot. None of this Nelson for a 1st and some garbage deal with term to save a team from cap hell like a few (insert entitled Ontario franchise) expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad