Proposal: NYI-LA---NYI-Col---NYI-Ott

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
that cost even worth it? LMAO Dubois isnt so bad that the cost is f***ing Brandt Clarke and Arthur Kaliyev. how much crack is this guy smoking?
You’re getting superstar highlight reel YouTube sensation Oliver Wahlstrom in return though. I’m not going anywhere near PLD honestly. I would however send Wahlstrom to the SHL if they’d let me.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Terrible for LA.

The PLD deal was/is as tinker as Vialrdi alone is a better player. However as much as I don't like the deal PLD chemistry with QB at least gives me hope...than again QB has had chemistry with Vilardi and Kopitar and basically anyone he has been paired with. So i think it is more QB than PLD.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
that cost even worth it? LMAO Dubois isnt so bad that the cost is f***ing Brandt Clarke and Arthur Kaliyev. how much crack is this guy smoking?

In what world is Dubois at 8.5 million for the next 8 years “isnt so bad”?

Lee sucks and has negative value, and the Kings don’t do this deal, but that Dubois contract may turn out to be the worst in the league.

Reactions: iggy

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No interest at all in Girard. If we deal Nelson to you, we need a top C prospect in return.
Avs don't have a top C prospect to offer the NYI since Ritchie is untouchable. It's a shame the Avs don't have better assets to work with because Nelson would be a nice get.

Nelson isn't going to Colorado this season. I could see the Avs try again next year when he's a rental if they haven't filled the role or he's still in New York.

BUT I think the Islanders will have ample interest in this player. So you should be picky/choosy. One of the more underrated guys in the league, but I suspect that's fans and not GMs. I really like him so I won't bash him to try to push down his perceived value.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Nelson has 1 year left on his deal at 6M. Given that + his physical condition, his age (32) is irrelevant. He's been extremely durable his entire career, and the eye test wrt mobility doesn't lie. His contract is just about perfect for him, and he's shown the ability to score big goals in the playoffs. And he can fit either a 2nd line center or LW on any line.

As a NYI fan, I don't really care when he gets dealt so long as NYI get good value. There arguably could be more teams involved at the draft, so perhaps the value could be better then. The best & most obvious fits right now imo are Colorado & Boston.

That's absurd. You can't ignore age.

And its not like age didn't come up with the acquisition of these younger players (like Horvat and Lindholm) being used as benchmarks.

Reactions: McJedi

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Avs don't have a top C prospect to offer the NYI since Ritchie is untouchable. It's a shame the Avs don't have better assets to work with because Nelson would be a nice get.

Nelson isn't going to Colorado this season. I could see the Avs try again next year when he's a rental if they haven't filled the role or he's still in New York.

BUT I think the Islanders will have ample interest in this player. So you should be picky/choosy. One of the more underrated guys in the league, but I suspect that's fans and not GMs. I really like him so I won't bash him to try to push down his perceived value.
They don't, whether you want to believe it or not. Colorado has been trying to move Girard and his contract for a while now, going back to last year. No taker. Isles don't need him. We need Top 6 forwards

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
They don't, whether you want to believe it or not. Colorado has been trying to move Girard and his contract for a while now, going back to last year. No taker. Isles don't need him. We need Top 6 forwards
I believe you and I don't think the Avs have the assets to land Nelson.

Saw some NYI fans saying Avs are a logial buyer. They are, but can't put together a logical package thanks to past trades they've made that depleted them of assets and a few bad draft picks like Olausson.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
That's absurd. You can't ignore age.

And its not like age didn't come up with the acquisition of these younger players (like Horvat and Lindholm) being used as benchmarks.
NYI extended Horvat on 2/6, and I expect they knew what they were getting into wrt an extension to begin with. So, yeah, that was a big part of the deal. Canucks aren't talking with Lindholm until offseason. Relevance of age depends on contract.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I believe you and I don't think the Avs have the assets to land Nelson.

Saw some NYI fans saying Avs are a logial buyer. They are, but can't put together a logical package thanks to past trades they've made that depleted them of assets and a few bad draft picks like Olausson.

I feel like Nelson would make Colorado the favorite for the cup. 2 cups runs with him as well. I’d be shocked if Colorado didn’t try to get him (assuming Lou is logical and sells). What exactly Lou would want is the question.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You don't like the deals that's fine. But what is ironic is that you don't like them from an Islanders standpoint. Everyone else who responded don't like it from the other teams standpoint.
I don't like the from an Islander's standpoint as well. How do you go from an ageing Lee who works his shift ass off every shift, just getting smacked by father time for Dubois who has all the talent and youth in the world, but plays the game at 50%? Not to mention it's a terrible proposal from the Kings perspective.

Then you want to move out Romanov who has been fundamental in Dobson's ability to let loose.

Seems you want to move out high character guys for low character guys and regardless if you think the value is there, no way LL would even consider any of them much less most of the teams you suggested.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You're fan base is really hot n horny to get your hands on Pinto, huh.
Just because he has been rumored to be available prior to the suspension, and in Isles country we suck so fans pretty much want every player that is rumored to be available over what we have. It's less Pinto and more our shitty team I imagine.

Why would Senators want a 5 million dollar centre on the fourth line, and a D on the fourth pair.
No idea, but the trade involved neither of those.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Let’s start from the top:
-PLD is a head case so that’s an automatic no. He’ll complain the first instance Roy yells at him and just coast his way until he gets dealt.
-Nelson AND Pelech for Byram and Lehkonen is a massive downgrade for the roster and the 2 pieces returning won’t make up for what both him and Pelech bring to the roster.
-You’re not trading Romanov, 23 year old defender who’s an absolute rock alongside Dobson to maybe lateral the center position after offing Brock Nelson.

Just please stop playing NHL on franchise mode drunk and thinking you made good deals

Move out: Aho, Wahlstrom, Martin, Clutterbuck and possibly one of Pageau/Palmieri then roll with what’s in the system from there.
You're beyond lost. Islanders take everyone of those deals and run. No teams are making those trades bahaha

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The Islanders new GM this summer may blow it up, but he’s unlikely to get any of those deals.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You're beyond lost. Islanders take everyone of those deals and run. No teams are making those trades bahaha
Not a chance. None of them upgrade the roster enough to make the move. Moving Romanov for a 3rd line center, maybe 2nd down the line doesn’t really help. Trading for PLD would ultimately cause problems in the locker room with his attitude and the Byram deal is pointless with Dobson on the roster who’s well above what Byram will be. The islanders need a retool, not a blow it up and start fresh. They need to keep the core and move out the fringe/complimentary pieces.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not a chance. None of them upgrade the roster enough to make the move. Moving Romanov for a 3rd line center, maybe 2nd down the line doesn’t really help. Trading for PLD would ultimately cause problems in the locker room with his attitude and the Byram deal is pointless with Dobson on the roster who’s well above what Byram will be. The islanders need a retool, not a blow it up and start fresh. They need to keep the core and move out the fringe/complimentary pieces.
Like I said absolutely lost. Don't worry pal no one is losing any of those trades to your Islanders.

The dumbest argument I've seen yet. 'We don't need another good player because we have 1'. Haha get a grip on reality.

Pinto has more value than Romanov alone. Let along the sens adding Tarasenko who's worth a 1st and taking Pageau who has negative value.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Like I said absolutely lost. Don't worry pal no one is losing any of those trades to your Islanders.

The dumbest argument I've seen yet. 'We don't need another good player because we have 1'. Haha get a grip on reality.

Pinto has more value than Romanov alone. Let along the sens adding Tarasenko who's worth a 1st and taking Pageau who has negative value.
They don't see how it's not to the benefit of the team thier trading with. Pageau would be bumped to 4th line at 5mil and Romanov would be tied for 4th best LHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad