Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Islanders sign Luca Sbisa to one-year deal [1 yr, 1.5 AAV]

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Sbisa gets us that much closer to Hughes.

Could be the signing of the season.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I can't believe how delusional a lot of posters are in this thread. Sbisa's a great signing for what he is and the cost and scope of this contract, and contrary to the funny memes here, he moves the dial further away from Hughes than closer to it. He's a proven professional, albeit who's suffered from injuries. HFboards always wants the kids to come up and play (see half of the Islanders lineup predictions with like 7 new players and them waiving/sitting proven vets), and that's all fine and good, when the kids are actually capable and better, but Sbisa's not only in contention for #7, but he's probably going to be the #6 and take Mayfield's spot.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
I can't believe how delusional a lot of posters are in this thread. Sbisa's a great signing for what he is and the cost and scope of this contract, and contrary to the funny memes here, he moves the dial further away from Hughes than closer to it. He's a proven professional, albeit who's suffered from injuries. HFboards always wants the kids to come up and play (see half of the Islanders lineup predictions with like 7 new players and them waiving/sitting proven vets), and that's all fine and good, when the kids are actually capable and better, but Sbisa's not only in contention for #7, but he's probably going to be the #6 and take Mayfield's spot.
Stop it with those educated and reasonable posts, they won't like you.

Tavares something, something Matthews ROFL

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I guess if he's going to be the #7 D and they are going to let the kids get more minutes in Bridgeport it makes sense.

It's pretty bad if they are going to sit any of Mayfield/Pelech/Pulock for him though.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I guess if he's going to be the #7 D and they are going to let the kids get more minutes in Bridgeport it makes sense.

It's pretty bad if they are going to sit any of Mayfield/Pelech/Pulock for him though.

Pulock is no danger of sitting for Sbisa.

Pelech and Mayfield aren't world beaters, they are also bottom pairing options just like Sbisa.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
this thread!! the way my screen crops all I saw was the confirmed greet tag and Nyislander. I thought we signed him

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
I fully thought he was going to be in Russia after that abysmal SCF. Either way, welcome to the bottom part of the league again Islanders fans....

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
They had $10 mill in cap space before they signed him, so I guess Lou had cash to burn?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Sbisa was good for Vegas though

But then again they didn't want him back so what do I know?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Sbisa was good last year until the Washington series.

Are people forgetting already?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad