GDT: NYI @ ANA • 7 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Also Montour clearing the crease after blocking that shot that felled him was great.

Montour and Lindholm had a great quiet game. Think they are finding some chemistry. Manson had some bad plays. Fowler, Schenn and Pettersson was good with Schenn being the standout with some fine physical play. Getting Ritchie and Getzlaf back, and having Schenn, Manson and Kesler, we aren't so soft any longer.

Reactions: Norduck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In fairness, this was a bad NYI team. Tonight they play LAK, that will be a shitshow :laugh:

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
In fairness, this was a bad NYI team. Tonight they play LAK, that will be a ****show :laugh:

We still played better compared to the games against other teams not so good like Arizona and Detroit. Checking the schedule, we doesn't seem to play against top teams (relatively speaking) until November when we meet Nashville and Toronto the same week.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He's had 2 fluke goals I see him more as this seasons Jason krog
Once the team is healthier he'll be in ahl or a regular healthy scratch

I’m inclined to agree with this. The production is nice but I don’t think he’s an NHLer when it’s all said and done.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Watching the game again and steel was so much better after the first period.

Also hampus is just a stud defensively. He was awesome tonight.

And as an aside, if schenn can be close to this consistently he could become a fan favorite very quickly.

I really hope for Luke that he finally found his destination. Since his draft profile, back then in the old days, I was always a fan and it hurt to see his problems in the league so far. Bogosian was the other one.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Can you imagine if leafs had gibson... how many main board threads hed have
They would already have a petition up to have his number retired already. Even if he`s playing and will do so for the next 15 years but he`s THAT good.

Well we took Gibby with their pick anyways. That trade was great! Rakell+Gibson for Tyler Biggs. A first line winger and a franchise goalie for grit and leadership

Reactions: Masch78

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They would already have a petition up to have his number retired already. Even if he`s playing and will do so for the next 15 years but he`s THAT good.

Well we took Gibby with their pick anyways. That trade was great! Rakell+Gibson for Tyler Biggs. A first line winger and a franchise goalie for grit and leadership

And drafting Gibson allowed us to eventually move Andersen to get Comtois + Steel(who both look like potential top 6 players, maybe top line down the line)

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Our top4 is averaging from 22-25 minutes though. I hope that doesn`t goes wrong.
What`s up with Larsson, when did he fell off a cliff or catched Nattinienitis? He looked good playing 18 mins a night in NHL 2 years ago

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

The magic word was "trucelence". Gotta love Burkie

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

All we got was a soft winger and a goalie that doesn't fight. You need toughness and fighters to be successful in this league. Dirk is right, this team is too soft and trades like this are why!

On a serious note, Gibby looks so much more comfortable for us this year. His play is one part of it obviously. But in his post game interviews he used to seem like he was bugged that he had to do it. Now he's actually smiling and joking during interviews. He is looking more and more like a franchise player every day.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
On a serious note, Gibby looks so much more comfortable for us this year. His play is one part of it obviously. But in his post game interviews he used to seem like he was bugged that he had to do it. Now he's actually smiling and joking during interviews. He is looking more and more like a franchise player every day.

His hard work throughout the years, getting a long term contract because of that hard work, and maybe his wife's critique on previous interviews can all make a difference. heh

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Our top4 is averaging from 22-25 minutes though. I hope that doesn`t goes wrong.
What`s up with Larsson, when did he fell off a cliff or catched Nattinienitis? He looked good playing 18 mins a night in NHL 2 years ago

Nattinenienitis should definitely be in the dictionary.
I've been saying it since last year Mahura > Larsson. Just from what i've seen in video that Mahura looks like the much better overall player.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He's had 2 fluke goals I see him more as this seasons Jason krog
Once the team is healthier he'll be in ahl or a regular healthy scratch
This is not a fluke goal, it’s a great deflection. You’d be raving if Ritchie/Perry/Kesler did it.

This is also a great shot. It’s not his fault that the goaltender was out of position, the shot went where it needed to go.

He’s small, he can get outmuscled, and he can fumble pucks and kill plays, but he works his ass off and should get credit for what he manages to do well. These are nice goals and he’s +2. Can’t teally complain at his salary.

And once we are healthier, it’s likely that he’s still getting used. He’s getting the most PK time of any forward not named Kesler or Cogliano. He will play ahead of Gibbons and any rookie not named Comtois, and possibly Sherwood.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Nattinenienitis should definitely be in the dictionary.
I've been saying it since last year Mahura > Larsson. Just from what i've seen in video that Mahura looks like the much better overall player.
At this point it very well might be like that with Mahura. Have to check as the season goes along and have to hope for @HansH reports about the two (and others). But Larsson is an interesting case

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Solid win, but I really wish this team would stop with so many dumb penalties.

Gibson is one hell of a goaltender. Can't help but feel if a) he played in a bigger market and b) he played a 'sexy' position (like center) he'd be talked about as a top 10 player in the NHL.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
This is not a fluke goal, it’s a great deflection. You’d be raving if Ritchie/Perry/Kesler did it.

This is also a great shot. It’s not his fault that the goaltender was out of position, the shot went where it needed to go.

He’s small, he can get outmuscled, and he can fumble pucks and kill plays, but he works his ass off and should get credit for what he manages to do well. These are nice goals and he’s +2. Can’t teally complain at his salary.

And once we are healthier, it’s likely that he’s still getting used. He’s getting the most PK time of any forward not named Kesler or Cogliano. He will play ahead of Gibbons and any rookie not named Comtois, and possibly Sherwood.

I agree with you. I also think that having 2 centers on our 4th line is a good thing. It gives us a good 2nd option on face off violations and good depth for our PK face offs. Also, between him and Rowney one's a lefty and one's a righty, that's good versatility. He's been solid for us, for the role he plays.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad