Pre-Game Talk: NY Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens, Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Any accountability for the player in all of this?

Or is this always all on the coach?

Super refreshing take there...Blame the coach
If the coach puts him on 4th line wing with scrubs? Yeah, it's on the coach. He's being an idiot about this.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I couldn't care less if Galchenyuk deserve a promotion or not. He could very well be the worst human being on the planet, he is STILL an offensive threat. This is the Montreal Canadiens. The team that is so much looking for skills. And we do is bury one guy like that on a 4th line. On the wings. It's worst than Michel Therrien at this point. He is not a worst coach. But he does take worst decisions than him.

Even Galchenyuk on his worst days, the opposition still has to be concerned when he is on the ice. And that is enough so that if you pair him with other top offensive guys, that it gives some room to them. If you are an opponent....and you see a guy like Danault or Plekanec that have fine games but they are still non-offenive threats.....are you still really concerned by what they could do offensively.....or you'll always be more concerned as to when GAlchenyuk could explode?

We are not at who deserve what right now. We are at what lineup gives me more chance to win. And no matter how you look at it, Galchenyuk gives you the scoring you don't have. And Price alone won't be able to win games 0-0....
Exactly.

Even if he's not playing well we don't have anybody else with near his talent to put in the top six. It would be one thing if we could score without him but we're coming off a game where we got shut out and we've been 24th in the league in goals scored since CJ took over.

Give the guy the opportunity to fail. If he does, THEN we can blame the player. But if you're going to stick the guy on the 4th line then it's on you if the team can't score.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
If the coach puts him on 4th line wing with scrubs? Yeah, it's on the coach. He's being an idiot about this.

Wouldn't it be a clearer message to just bench him? Trying to teach him to be a top six player by playing fourth line with Ott and Martensen is probably going to lead to unlearning more than actual learning.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He could've benched him in one of the last games for all I care. But now's not the time to send da message. Team needs to win. For that we need to score.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Wouldn't it be a clearer message to just bench him? Trying to teach him to be a top six player by playing fourth line with Ott and Martensen is probably going to lead to unlearning more than actual learning.
His play has deteriorated, it hasn't improved. Whatever message CJ is trying to send it doesn't seem to be working.

But as TDG said, at least he's a better person for it. :laugh:
He could've benched him in one of the last games for all I care. But now's not the time to send da message. Team needs to win. For that we need to score.
Agreed. Wrong time to be doing this.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015

What's the difference. Julien has taken him out of the game anyway, didn't give him any chances when we were down by one last game may as well bench him and put Mitchell in at least he's suited for the role. Or put King down and put Mitchell up there. Or big Mac and park his monstrous frame in front of Lundquist.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Exactly.

Even if he's not playing well we don't have anybody else with near his talent to put in the top six. It would be one thing if we could score without him but we're coming off a game where we got shut out and we've been 24th in the league in goals scored since CJ took over.

Give the guy the opportunity to fail. If he does, THEN we can blame the player. But if you're going to stick the guy on the 4th line then it's on you if the team can't score.

He DID give him the opportunity to fail and he responded with his worst stretch of games as Hab to date.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You just asked the following rhetorical question

''You don't think he knows that his team is better and has more chances to win with Galchenyuk playing a more prominent role?''

The implication here is that it's obvious that the team is better when Galchenyuk is playing a more prominent role. Claude Julien is not playing Galchenyuk in such a role. The inference to draw from your very own question would be that Claude Julien is not deploying his team optimally.

Is this clear to you?

It's obvious this team is better when Galchenyuk is at the top of his game

He is NOT at the top of his game, in fact, he's a liability right now.

He's too much of a risk because of his poor decisions with the puck to be playing 20 mins a game in the playoffs.

Is THAT clear to you?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He DID give him the opportunity to fail and he responded with his worst stretch of games as Hab to date.
His worst stretch of games came when he was moved to the wing and he's gotten progressively worse as we've moved him down the lineup.

If we get the boot in the first round while being offensively challenged and Chuck is on the 4th line wing the whole time then our coach deserves to be ripped for it.

So you think he put Galchenyuk on 4th line wing for s***s and giggles then?

Yeah..Seems plausible
I don't care why he did it. I only know that it's been ineffective. As I said, if we lose this series due to lack of offense with him on the 4th, the blame goes square on the coach for it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
None of the other top six forwards are held accountable to play "both sides of the puck" they only play defence and won't commit to the offensive side of the game.....

Wrong..The center's in this team are required to be reliable at both ends of the ice

That's why you're seeing Danault, Plekanec and Shaw in the top 9 and not Galchenyuk.

And by reliable, I don't necessarily mean by scoring, it's more about being responsible with the puck and without it.

Right now, Galchenyuk is struggling big time with this, I'm not saying he's not capable of it, he is he's shown it... But right now, even if I don't necessarily agree with his methodology, I do see where he's coming from.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
It's obvious this team is better when Galchenyuk is at the top of his game

He is NOT at the top of his game, in fact, he's a liability right now.

He's too much of a risk because of his poor decisions with the puck to be playing 20 mins a game in the playoffs.

Is THAT clear to you?

Not clear to me. This team has a better chance of winning with Chucky in the top six...... at centre even... enough of the *** Subban treatment. Employ him to his strengths and coach his weaknesses. Fourth line???? Patches said it best he'd rather play top six in Hamilton than fourth line in Montreal. Send him down and bring Hudon up ffs. WE HAVE NO OFFENCE!!!!!!! Unless Price can pot a couple playing bottom six players in the top six and top six players in the bottom six is not going to work......like we have already seen....

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
But they aren't. NONE of them can score except Galchenyuk.

This is the thing people seem to forget when they talk about two way play. Two way play means that you can actually score and our guys can't.

That's what i don't understand about the infamous reliable at both end sentence. You actually don't need to be reliable offensively to be reliable at both end :|

Plekanec this season was not and not even close to be reliable offensively. Danault was not either for most of the season. 40 points with his usage is not good.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Wrong..The center's in this team are required to be reliable at both ends of the ice

This is the thing people seem to forget when they talk about two way play. Two way play means that you can actually score and our guys can't.

And by reliable, I don't necessarily mean by scoring, it's more about being responsible with the puck and without it.
Responsible doesn't get you goals, talent does.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015

That's why you're seeing Danault, Plekanec and Shaw in the top 9 and not Galchenyuk.

Right now, Galchenyuk is struggling big time with this, I'm not saying he's not capable of it, he is he's shown it... But right now, even if I don't necessarily agree with his methodology, I do see where he's coming from.

That's why we lose 1-0.....

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
His worst stretch of games came when he was moved to the wing and he's gotten progressively worse as we've moved him down the lineup.

If we get the boot in the first round while being offensively challenged and Chuck is on the 4th line wing the whole time then our coach deserves to be ripped for it.

I don't care why he did it. I only know that it's been ineffective. As I said, if we lose this series due to lack of offense with him on the 4th, the blame goes square on the coach for it.

This 100% wrong...

Before CJ moved Galchenyuk to the wing, he used him with Pacioretty and Radulov for a good 10 games.

That line did not produce and even worse, they were a liability defensively.

CJ was patient, even after a brutal game from 27 he went out in the media and explicitly stated that he wasn't giving up in 27 and that he was going to be patient with him.

I guess his patience ran out...

Also, you say it's on the coach for putting him on the 4th line, to which I responded that Galchenyuk put himself there with his play

And you respond with you don't care why?

So in other words, you have no interest in what the player does, it's all on the coach.

As I said earlier...No accountability from the player, it's all on the coach.

Got it...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Lot of pressure to score goals tonight. We wont win this 1-0. We MUST score 3 goals tonight. Let's see how the team reacts with this pressure.

If we score 1 goal or less and go back to NY down 2 games to 0 things could get ugly.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
This 100% wrong...

Before CJ moved Galchenyuk to the wing, he used him with Pacioretty and Radulov for a good 10 games.

That line did not produce and even worse, they were a liability defensively.

CJ was patient, even after a brutal game from 27 he went out in the media and explicitly stated that he wasn't giving up in 27 and that he was going to be patient with him.

I guess his patience ran out...

Also, you say it's on the coach for putting him on the 4th line, to which I responded that Galchenyuk put himself there with his play

And you respond with you don't care why?

So in other words, you have no interest in what the player does, it's all on the coach.

As I said earlier...No accountability from the player, it's all on the coach.

Got it...

Your doing the SAME thing in reverse. No accountability for the coach it's all on the player....

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Responsible doesn't get you goals, talent does.

Except in the playoffs, scoring is down and checking is tighter.

If your coach doesn't trust you...Then you won't play.

It's not really difficult, I don't care how much offense you think Galchenyuk can bring, listening to you guys, you'd swear he's Connor McDavid who singlehandedly will this team to score on his own.

I'm sorry, he's not good enough offensively to completly ignore his deficiencies right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad