Pre-Game Talk: NY Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens, Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Beaulieu and Nesterov better not be paired again or i will lose my ****. Nesterov shouldn't even play, go with Beaulieu - Emelin (sadly).

1st PP wave should be Radulov/Galchenyuk/Lehkonen or Gallagher or Shaw (Shaw only to take faceoffs and park his ass in front of the net, we don't want you making plays or taking shots) with Markov/Weber.
Pacioretty can't make a pass off the boards (or puck handle) to save his life. Guy always kills plays when he has to make a pass, only thing he's good at is getting open and taking a shot from the slot.

And Claude needs to figure out how to utilize Galchenyuk efficiently.. such a frustrating player to watch.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Beaulieu and Nesterov better not be paired again or i will lose my ****. Nesterov shouldn't even play, go with Beaulieu - Emelin (sadly).

1st PP wave should be Radulov/Galchenyuk/Lehkonen or Gallagher or Shaw (Shaw only to take faceoffs and park his ass in front of the net, we don't want you making plays or taking shots) with Markov/Weber.
Pacioretty can't make a pass off the boards (or puck handle) to save his life. Guy always kills plays when he has to make a pass, only thing he's good at is getting open and taking a shot from the slot.

And Claude needs to figure out how to utilize Galchenyuk efficiently.. such a frustrating player to watch.

Emelin is hurt, that is why Nesterov is playing..

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
I don't buy that, we'll see if he really is hurt depending on whether or not he gets to play in G2. Nesterov and Beaulieu were that bad.

Julien loves Emelin so there is no other reason for him not being in the lineup. With that said hopefully he is ready for Game 2 so we can go back to a more normal lineup in the back end.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Nesterov was just plain bad. Can't win a board battle and is soft as ****. Don't want to see him again. Why isn't Davidson playing ? Is he hurt ? He isn't great defensively but he has that rocket shot from the point that could help us.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nesterov was just plain bad. Can't win a board battle and is soft as ****. Don't want to see him again. Why isn't Davidson playing ? Is he hurt ? He isn't great defensively but he has that rocket shot from the point that could help us.

Agreed. Davidson should be playing. Also, the puck battles are an issue with a lot of forwards too! Rangers played well last night. Habs needs to respond tonight! Need to generate offense and put pressure on their defense. It was too easy for them last night

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Lineup changes are necessary and I don't feel like that's a knee jerk reaction to one game.

Galchenyuk needs to be put in an offensive role. Enough of playing in the bottom 6.

Pacioretty and Radulov will need to be much better.

I think they'll even up the series.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Gonna be at this game, so they better scored some goals and win that game or i'll be looking for Bergevin after the game.

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB

I'd honestly go with Benn-Beaulieu and Petry-Davidson. Once Emelin is back, swap him in for Davidson.

Nesterov was absolutely horrid. There was one specific play where Price reversed the puck from behind the net into his corner, and he wasn't even close to getting back for it.... the Habs winger and the Rangers winger beat him to the corner, and Price had to make a good pad save. Absolutely terrible hockey player.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Two thing that will never work in playoffs.

-Nesterov-Beaulieu pairing. Call up Lernout if Emelin is out long term.

-Midget line. Byron-Plekanec-Gallagher needs to be dismantled.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Here is what I would like to see changed.

1) Patches stops those blind , back passes in front of the net. Awful
2) AG27 no longer on bottom line, put the kid in a situation to succeed.
3) Crisp passing please. that game was like watching pinball.
4) STOP FOOOKING DOING DUMP AND CHASE EVERY PP. GO WATCH ANOTHER TEAM AND SEE HOW THEY GAIN THE ZONE AND SET UP. Rather then what we do is shoot it in, and hope one of our soft as microwaved butter forwards gets the puck.
Many times in first peroid the boys were half a step short of a great chance. Seriously they had alot of chances but messed them up or were half a step short.

Henrik was never really tested that much apart from webers shots

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I prefer Beaulieu and Benn together.

Try Davidson with Petry for game 2.

Yes B & B together and D & P if Emelin can't make it but think Davidson has the flu. Teams that go down the first 2 games at home have a 12% chance of advancing so must win tomorrow. And for God's sake take Alex off the 4th line and bring in McCarron.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Two thing that will never work in playoffs.

-Nesterov-Beaulieu pairing. Call up Lernout if Emelin is out long term.

-Midget line. Byron-Plekanec-Gallagher needs to be dismantled.

The key play of the game, they were beaten by the Rangers fourth line on a faceoff.

I would add three penalties a game in the offensive zone won't work either.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I don't buy that, we'll see if he really is hurt depending on whether or not he gets to play in G2. Nesterov and Beaulieu were that bad.

He hasn't even been practicing lol, clearly he is hurt.

Julien had him playing on the second pairing and he was playing great to end the season, I hope he's back because it was a very physical game yesterday and those are the games Emelin plays well in.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I can't believe I am saying this... I hope Emelin comes back for game 2. If not, put Davidson in.

I also think we just need to go for it and fix the lines. I know Chuck has been sucking ass but for the sake of it, just put him on the spot. He bombs, well, it makes trading him less likely to cause an uproar (for the record, I want him to succeed and do not want him traded):

Patches - Danault - Lehkonen
Shaw - Chuck - Radulov
Byron - Plekanec - Gally
Mitchell - Ott - Martinsen

Put Chuck on the 2nd line. Pair him with a high-end playmaker and grinder. If needed, put Shaw center and Chuck left, but either way, he needs better linemates. Patches gets two fully capable 2-way forwards, one of which he's played half the season with.

I really think Mitchell needs to be back in. I know King had a decent game yesterday but we need more speed against NYR.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Emelin is hurt guys. He will not be back next game.

Nesterov or Davidson next game.

Or Lernout.

Would not be worst thant those 2. I actually think he would look better than both Nesterov and Davidson.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I can't believe I am saying this... I hope Emelin comes back for game 2. If not, put Davidson in.

I also think we just need to go for it and fix the lines. I know Chuck has been sucking ass but for the sake of it, just put him on the spot. He bombs, well, it makes trading him less likely to cause an uproar (for the record, I want him to succeed and do not want him traded):

Patches - Danault - Lehkonen
Shaw - Chuck - Radulov
Byron - Plekanec - Gally
Mitchell - Ott - Martinsen

Put Chuck on the 2nd line. Pair him with a high-end playmaker and grinder. If needed, put Shaw center and Chuck left, but either way, he needs better linemates. Patches gets two fully capable 2-way forwards, one of which he's played half the season with.

I really think Mitchell needs to be back in. I know King had a decent game yesterday but we need more speed against NYR.

I would put Mitchell back in for Martinsen and Davidson for Nesterov.

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov
Byron-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Shaw-Lehkonen
King-Ott-Mitchell

Markov(if not suspended)-Weber
Davidson-Petry
Beaulieu-Benn

Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events