Post-Game Talk: NY Rangers @ Bruins - 7:00pm. NESN+ tonite!!

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I want one of Hayes or Connolly to earn that RW spot with 37/63. Neither of them look like they will be better than Eriksson in that spot right now, but I don't think that line has never really meshed.

That being said, they are all intelligent players, and if we are patient, that could end up being an amazing line. They really have never truly been given a chance to develop chemistry.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Maybe it's me but I've never been overly impressed with McDonoagh

I agree, he's tremendously overrated.

If you really pay attention to his game, especially in the playoffs, he frequently seems to be either the cause of, or a contributing factor to really bad or back-breaking goals.

Even as far back as 2013 --- Marchand and Bergeron torched him for a couple of important goals (one was a GW very late I believe) on nearly identical plays.

Just not as a good as many make him out to be, which is somewhat typical of players from NY teams.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I agree, he's tremendously overrated.

If you really pay attention to his game, especially in the playoffs, he frequently seems to be either the cause of, or a contributing factor to really bad or back-breaking goals.

Even as far back as 2013 --- Marchand and Bergeron torched him for a couple of important goals (one was a GW very late I believe) on nearly identical plays.

Just not as a good as many make him out to be, which is somewhat typical of players from NY teams.

Overrated or not, I'd take him on the B's any day of the week. Besides, you want to talk about Ranger players that are overrated, it all starts and ends with Keith Yandle. Guy is a mess defensively. A complete mess.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
It is certainly more exciting than a shoutout. But it is still a gimmick and not real hockey and shouldn't count as a "real" win for the 1st tie-breaker. Only wins after 60min should count.

Actually they're really only sending these guys (the US born players anyways) back to their youth hockey days. Tons of tournaments use 3 v 3 OT to determine winners in elimination games.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Actually they're really only sending these guys (the US born players anyways) back to their youth hockey days. Tons of tournaments use 3 v 3 OT to determine winners in elimination games.

Not sure if 3 on 3 is an advantage or a disadvantage but their passing wasn't exactly "on" in overtime . With so much space once you lose possession of the puck it seems like it is much harder to get it back .

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Overrated or not, I'd take him on the B's any day of the week. Besides, you want to talk about Ranger players that are overrated, it all starts and ends with Keith Yandle. Guy is a mess defensively. A complete mess.

No argument here about Yandle, but he doesn't get nearly the league wide love that McDonagh does.

For some reason he's been anointed as a top 10-15 d-man by a lot of people, when I don't even consider him a legit #1.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know 98.5 isn't covering it so I have my doubts :( Hope you had a nice summer and the winter that is coming isn't so bad :)

I had an OK Summer. Two nice weeks of vacation and the rest working far too many hours at a job that can suck the life out of you :(

How about you ?

"Winter is coming" is sort of a GOT thing. :) I did hear it is going to be another bad Winter. There are many acorns and my mother always told me that was a sign of a bad Winter....and she was usually right.

I do love the Fall here in New England:)

I would like to be able to watch the game tomorrow as I am tired and am looking forward to crashing on the couch with a cup of tea, my cats and the B's on ...

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I had an OK Summer. Two nice weeks of vacation and the rest working far too many hours at a job that can suck the life out of you :(

How about you ?

"Winter is coming" is sort of a Game of Thrones thing. :) I did hear it is going to be another bad Winter. There are many acorns and my mother always told me that was a sign of a bad Winter....and she was usually right.

I do love the Fall here in New England:)

My winter was cold for about 4 days, the rest of the time its been mid 20s and sunshine :laugh: hardly a winter. The summer is gonna be brutal though, 40C most days :cry: and I work outside so that will suck :shakehead

Im aiming to come to Boston next christmas-ish to see the Bs play and Pastamania will be 2 seasons deep and in full swing :)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My winter was cold for about 4 days, the rest of the time its been mid 20s and sunshine :laugh: hardly a winter. The summer is gonna be brutal though, 40C most days :cry: and I work outside so that will suck :shakehead

Im aiming to come to Boston next christmas-ish to see the Bs play and Pastamania will be 2 seasons deep and in full swing :)

You will have to let us know so we can say "hi". I thought it was funny when you were on Sports radio last year :)...When I heard you I thought "I bet I know who that is " ;)

Zac Rinaldo*

he's slow, clumsy, and doesn't move the puck very well. i especially don't like that he seems to be a choice for spooner's line thus far, as i think he'll detract from what spooner's capable of on the rush 5-5.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
he's slow, clumsy, and doesn't move the puck very well. i especially don't like that he seems to be a choice for spooner's line thus far, as i think he'll detract from what spooner's capable of on the rush 5-5.

Zac he's not slow or clumsy not from what I've observed in fact I'm impressed by his speed considering how tall the dude is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad