GDT: NXT TakeOver XXV (1st June 2019)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Shayna is bad ass. She is a heel people are supposed to want to see her lose. Every opponent she faces everyone wants to see them take the belt, THATS HER JOB! Get people to "pay" (while watch since PPV isn't a thing) to see her lose. Thats how it worked in the olden days, I know now fans are supposed to be "smart" and in on it and wink wink boo the heels, so Shayna is a throwback.

I would build my womens division around her as well. She has legitimacy, bad ass aura, can work in the wring, and good on the mic. Its crazy how over the kirafuna clutch is. Everyone knows that if it gets locked on its pretty much done.

Overall very good NXT show once again. Gargano with another short reign, but I feel its his time to move up. Even though he may be ruined, I am sure his dream is at least to get to WWE one day. Call him up and go from there he has done everything he can in NXT.

This should be Cole and UE's last hurrah. They have also been in NXT for a long time and this is the one thing Cole hasn't accomplished in NXT. I think a 6 month or so run and UE should be moved to the main roster.

Dream continues to build his legacy and prove why he will be the biggest star in wrestling. If I was AEW I would be backing up the money truck at his door.

So happy the Steet Prophits won the titles, well deserved. Well at least for Ford, Dawkins does nothing for me. Eventually I hope he is dropped and Montez gets a singles run because he could be the next big star for NXT. He has the charisma and athleticism to stand out. NXT is brilliant with how they teased the crowd with the Sons about to win mulitple times, they even had me going.

Just a good night of great wrestling with clean and decisive finishes.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think I liked Cole/Gargano 1 better, I feel like Gargano should have had a title defence or two, unless they are gonna hot potato the title like they did with Nakamura and Joe.

Also, I don't like Beth on commentary at all. She sounds so flat

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think I liked Cole/Gargano 1 better, I feel like Gargano should have had a title defence or two, unless they are gonna hot potato the title like they did with Nakamura and Joe.

Also, I don't like Beth on commentary at all. She sounds so flat

Yeah I don't think it was the best WWE match ever, as a few people are saying. I thought it was definitely in discussion as a 5* match. I thought it was incredible. I liked both matches equally and for different reasons. I still like Gargano/Almas slightly better and I freaking LOVE Cole/Ricochet. In terms of the storytelling in this match, it sort of reminded me of one of the Gargano/Ciampa matches. So many callbacks and the thought process was amazing.

Damn a top 10 list of NXT GOAT matches would be insane.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Just finished the show and... NXT hit another HR. Great show.

The opener was a barn burner. The ladder match was fun and told a great story. Dream vs Breeze was also super fun and told a great story. I enjoyed the women's match as well and Io snapping at the end was brillant.

And then... the main event, what a crescendo! Started with all the reversals and dodges and it kept getting more and more intense. Another 4.5 or 5-star match for Gargano. Happy to see Cole as champion too, he will be a great heel champ.

I wonder what's next for Gargano. I feel like his NXT story is pretty much over. However, I do not want to see him on the main roster as they would destroy him. Oh well, let's not think about that right now, it was an awesome show!

EDIT: Oh, and Mauro is such a HUGE part of the show. His enthusiasm and the way he sells everything adds to the excitement.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah I don't think it was the best WWE match ever, as a few people are saying. I thought it was definitely in discussion as a 5* match. I thought it was incredible. I liked both matches equally and for different reasons. I still like Gargano/Almas slightly better and I freaking LOVE Cole/Ricochet. In terms of the storytelling in this match, it sort of reminded me of one of the Gargano/Ciampa matches. So many callbacks and the thought process was amazing.

Damn a top 10 list of NXT GOAT matches would be insane.

I liked Cole/Black, Cole/Ricochet, Gargano/Almas, Gargano/Ciampa more than Gargano/Cole, tbh

Dammit you also made a great call on Beth, @The Gongshow . I tried to ignore her. It felt so disconnected. All we need is Nigel/Mauro. Get back to a 2 person booth.
Percy was actually starting to come into his own as well, along with Mauro and Nigel they were starting to really mesh as a group.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I think the first one was fantastic but super-Gargano really ruined it for me. last night was the single best match ive ever seen.

Reactions: Disclose

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Good show, better than I expected. Riddle-Strong was good but I found it rushed for how epic they wanted it to seem. The ladder match was pretty good but I'm pretty tired of ladder matches where everyone lies around the ring while spots happen right in the middle. It's not the fault of the wrestlers but the general layout of the match. Velveteen Dream vs Breeze was solid and I think that they should continue this into an angle. Both have good character work, Dream is still very raw in ring and needs refining while Breeze needs a career resuscitation. Baszler vs Shirai was solid as well, very good showing from Shirai and Baszler does what she's supposed to. I enjoyed the aftermath. I liked Cole vs Gargano and think that it was definitely better than their previous match. A bit spotty for my tastes, but that's what happens in Gargano matches. I'm glad that Cole won and I'm interested to see what he does going forward.

Reactions: FultonReed

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
man, that was the hottest building i've ever been in. the crowd was electric from start to finish. so glad i got to see all that in person. watching the main event again, now, and it's just so. good.

The timing of the show was so beautiful, too. Not too long and the crowd was able to stay hot the entire time.

I thought the crowd treated Dream/Breeze very well. It was slow after the first 2 bangers that they easily could have disengaged. They didn't. It was superb.

I still think Andrade vs. Gargano for the title was the best match in NXT

Def agree.

Reactions: FultonReed

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
If they go hard with Ciampa as a face after his embracing Gargano and those videos on youtube, he might be one of the only ones who you can get Cole booed against

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Loved Cole-Gargano.

However I have a really weird pet peeve when someone no-sells a reverse frankensteiner. Weird thing that irks me, but it was awesome nevertheless.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Strong/Riddle - ****1/2
Tag Titles - ****1/4
Breeze/Dream - ***3/4
Shayna/Io - didnt watch
Cole/Gargano - ****3/4

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Just watching through Takeover today. Just about to start the women's match.

Obviously enough has been said about the opener and then the ladder match.

I'm just so happy to see Breeze get a chance to work real matches again. I do think he might have some ring rust having really not worked a real match since he left NXT but that was still a really, really good match. Imagine being Hunter watching that and knowing that the main roster didn't even use Breeze to anywhere near his potential. No wonder he (HHH) is frustrated.

Also great shift in attire for Breeze. He should very much be the one to take the belt from Dream imo.

Reactions: Serac

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Just watching through Takeover today. Just about to start the women's match.

Obviously enough has been said about the opener and then the ladder match.

I'm just so happy to see Breeze get a chance to work real matches again. I do think he might have some ring rust having really not worked a real match since he left NXT but that was still a really, really good match. Imagine being Hunter watching that and knowing that the main roster didn't even use Breeze to anywhere near his potential. No wonder he (HHH) is frustrated.

Also great shift in attire for Breeze. He should very much be the one to take the belt from Dream imo.

I bet Breeze is as well, given how he's just one of the many wrestlers who've stagnated under Vince's boneheaded reign.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad