GDT: NXT TakeOver XXV (1st June 2019)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Welcome to NXT: TakeOver XXV, the “what are you doing here!?” PPV!

bs5CK7B.jpg

NXT Championship - Singles Match
II1SiPs.jpg

Johnny Gargano (c) vs Adam Cole

NXT Women’s Championship - Singles Match
ZfuEAn0.jpg

Shayna Baszler (c) vs Io Shirai

NXT Tag Team Championship - Tag Team Ladder Match
LnzNn7g.jpg

Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch vs The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkings & Montez Ford) vs Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly) vs The Forgotten Sons (Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake)

Winners to be awarded the vacant NXT Tag Team titles

WWE North American Championship - Singles Match
f2c3K9B.jpg

Velveteen Dream (c) vs Tyler Breeze

Singles Match
VoSEcgQ.jpg

Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong

Last edited:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Dream vs Breeze is a literal dream

Also excited to see what the street profits can do in a ladder match

Reactions: ColePens

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Think it's time for my best friend Io Shirai, who is the best best friend, to get the title off Shayna.

Street Profits should be stars after this one, like in a way where people didn't know they were as good as they are kind of way.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Think it's time for my best friend Io Shirai, who is the best best friend, to get the title off Shayna.

Street Profits should be stars after this one, like in a way where people didn't know they were as good as they are kind of way.

I agree on both of these. Io seems like the right person to send Shayna off. And the street profits are insanely talented and I look forward to seeing what they can do in this type of match where they can just go.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Breeze vs Dream hasn't had nearly enough build for me.

It'll still be glorious though. I legit want Breeze to win and I, like everybody, am a huge Dream fan.

Reactions: FultonReed

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
The tag ladder match intrigues me so much. I'm hoping Undisputed Era gets all the male titles at least once before they get demoted to the main roster.

Side note: Anyone going to Takeover Toronto II? I am and I can't wait.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As of right now...

1) NXT
2) AEW (will probably get to #1 after weekly tv starts)
3) HFWF (Seriously.. i'm not kidding)
4) NJPW
5) WWE

That's how I invest my time/money. I treat WWE as just a free add-on to my 9.99 NXT sub

Reactions: M.C.G. 31

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yoooooo. I didnt know TakeOver was this weekend! Sick!
Yeah, the date for this show has been a bit of a mess.

The propaganda PPV was meant to be earlier in the year, but it was moved back from its original date to next Friday (the 7th). WWE then canceled the main roster PPV that was going to the following weekend (the 16th), as they didn't want to be promoting both shows at once, and this Takeover was originally attached to that show.

So this Takeover was in flux. I don't think WWE had even said anything by the time they were doing the last set of NXT TV tapings, but they got a building and tickets have been on sales for only like three weeks lol.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Breeze vs Dream hasn't had nearly enough build for me.

It'll still be glorious though. I legit want Breeze to win and I, like everybody, am a huge Dream fan.

Think its because this was supposed to be Dijak vs Dream but he got injured.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Montez Ford is gonna do some crazy shit in that ladder match.

Lorcan might too.

Too bad it's on the same night as the cup finals, but I'll be watching Sunday morning.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I'd still rather watch ROH, which was raided for almost all of it's talent, than WWE right now. At least it's only an hour and they still have Marty Scurll.

i guess. but Take Over is the only fun part in WWE where you know its gonna be amazing, even if the card is not the best..

and yeah Marty is gone soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad