GDT: NXT TakeOver XXV (1st June 2019)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Io Shirai made another friend, so you tell me who was the real winner?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The last 2 weeks of wrestling have just been mindblowing and just what i needed as a wrestling fan.

- AEW puts on a great show and highlights that wrestling is for everyone. Their work with autism and sensory inclusive show made me feel very proud being a fan.

- Moxley validates everything we've complained about as fans and proves it's 1 man ruining everything while talented people are left to deal with it.

- NXT gives us the competitive answer to AEW. You can tell the men/women wanted to prove they were teh hottest still. And IMO that's super f***ing exciting as a fan. The wrestlers are wanting to go out there and compete in a positive way. That's huge.

I honestly don't think i've been this proud of wrestling in a freaking long time.

Reactions: Disclose

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The last 2 weeks of wrestling have just been mindblowing and just what i needed as a wrestling fan.

- AEW puts on a great show and highlights that wrestling is for everyone. Their work with autism and sensory inclusive show made me feel very proud being a fan.

- Moxley validates everything we've complained about as fans and proves it's 1 man ruining everything while talented people are left to deal with it.

- NXT gives us the competitive answer to AEW. You can tell the men/women wanted to prove they were teh hottest still. And IMO that's super ****ing exciting as a fan. The wrestlers are wanting to go out there and compete in a positive way. That's huge.

I honestly don't think i've been this proud of wrestling in a freaking long time.

And both Zaitsev and Marleau requested trades!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It’s kinda weird that Steph, HBK and Roadd Dogg were the people in the crowd. As if these WWE Execs are actually watching the show in the audience.

Couldn’t have gotten like, Fandango to fly out and show him before Breeze’s match?

Maybe coulda had Ciampa in the crowd, instead of on the pre-show

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It’s kinda weird that Steph, HBK and Roadd Dogg were the people in the crowd. As if these WWE Execs are actually watching the show in the audience.

Couldn’t have gotten like, Fandango to fly out and show him before Breeze’s match?

Of course they could have gotten Fandango.

They don’t want to use him, or remind people of him.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I have had to work tonight and just caught the result. What are the matches that are worth the watch?

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019
I have had to work tonight and just caught the result. What are the matches that are worth the watch?
Matt Riddle and Roderick Strong, the tag ladder match, and Adam Cole and Johnny Gargano. That’s if you are strapped for time. Io and shayna and dream breeze are both worth a watch if you have the time.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

Steph was in the crowd all night with her kids

should clear up how I know: I was there and noticed her right before Dream/Breeze started.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have a hard time separating it as those views and dollars still end up in Vince’s pocket.

I think I have a solution.
Yeah man I can definitely feel that. I rarely have any moral/ethical compass when it comes to big business because we are hypocrites in some way supporting something that is probably bad.

BUT the SA stuff is damning. It makes me sick to my stomach. That's why I really meant it in post 428 that I'm really proud of wrestling after NXT/AEW/Mox TIJ. So I am accepting the fact that AEW/NXT is my thing. I'll chat about WWE with people here but i haven't watched an entire show in god knows how long.

tl;dr - i respect anyone who refuses to give them money. I think it's a fair argument.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah man I can definitely feel that. I rarely have any moral/ethical compass when it comes to big business because we are hypocrites in some way supporting something that is probably bad.

BUT the SA stuff is damning. It makes me sick to my stomach. That's why I really meant it in post 428 that I'm really proud of wrestling after NXT/AEW/Mox TIJ. So I am accepting the fact that AEW/NXT is my thing. I'll chat about WWE with people here but i haven't watched an entire show in god knows how long.

tl;dr - i respect anyone who refuses to give them money. I think it's a fair argument.
Don’t forget HFWF

Reactions: ColePens

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I haven’t watched a main roster show since the Rumble. My first skipped Mania since 29. Unfortunately I have given them YouTube views for Bray’s stuff, but I watched Bayley’s cash in from a guy who pulled the show from YouTube. Not form their channel.

I get it’s hypocrtical because plenty of companies take blood money and do awful things to their employees. I still use Uber despite how awful they are when I really shouldn’t.

Vince is just so overt though that I can’t stomach it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->