GDT: NXT TakeOver: War Games (17th November 2018)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Welcome to NXT TakeOver War Games, the “half the matches, double the fun” PPV!

20181009_NXT_LosAngeles_card--5e43cf0996149a99b2ffe1fc7e910bba.jpg

NXT Championship - Singles Match
20181031_NXTtakeover_WarGames_Ciampa_Dream--3a99817a14fa6f9dd138bb066ee2414d.jpg

Tommaso Ciampa (c) vs Velveteen Dream

NXT Women’s Championship - Two-out-of-Three Falls Match
20181031_NXTtakeover_WarGames_BaszlerSane--e9842ce134ce989bd5679b797e3ce9dc.jpg

Shayna Baszler (c) vs Kairi Sane

Wargames Match
20181009_NXT_LosAngeles_RicochetDunneWarRadiersColeFishStrongOReilly--80ca58403755750a5401ccf7c0d24900.jpg

War Raiders (Rowe & Hanson), Pete Dunne, & Ricochet vs The Undisputed Era (Roderick Strong, Kyle O’Reilly, Adam Cole, & Bobby Fish)

Singles Match
20181009_NXT_LosAngeles_AleisterGargano--8cc50bc58d179c8cbc83e1d9c5a28ef4.jpg

Aleister Black vs Johnny Gargano

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm fairly over Sane vs Baszler at this point. Gone back to that well too many times now.

The other 3 matches are, on paper anyway, spectacular.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Every match looks like one party loses and then gets called up to the main shows (Dream, Kairi, Black, Undisputed Era).

It won't happen with every one, but I'll be sad if none of them do.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Crowd will lose their minds of Dream wins. Sadly I highly doubt that’s in the cards, but NXT can surprise you.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
really sick card, although im surprised only 4 matches. I feel like they should just put Riddle/Ohno on the card instead of taping it dark

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
really sick card, although im surprised only 4 matches. I feel like they should just put Riddle/Ohno on the card instead of taping it dark
It was going to be on the card, but the War Games match is going to get a ton of time so they can't fit it in. Ideally, I'd just extend the show by however long they need but that might not be an option. Or they just might want to keep the show short.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Crowd will lose their minds of Dream wins. Sadly I highly doubt that’s in the cards, but NXT can surprise you.

NXT really has surprised me multiple times. I think next to no one expected Almas to beat Drew at War Games and it happened. I didn't expect Ciampa to beat Black for the NXT title, but it happened. NXT has caught me off guard often times and it's a good thing. Unpredictability in wrestling is needed (for the most part)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'll be in attendance Saturday. Been to a couple of NXT house shows which were fun, but I'm hoping the Takeover crowd makes the event that much better. I took my buddy to NXT when they came to town May 2017 and I think Velveteen was just getting started (he might have still been going by Patrick Clark). Going to Takeover with the same friend (doesn't watch NXT, but follows WWE). Talking with him this week and I said "Remember that Velveteen Dream gimmick that I thought was DOA? Yeah, he ended up being awesome and he'll be in one of the main events on Saturday."

Who will the obligatory "new person in the crowd" for this Takeover?

Reactions: ColePens

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
NXT really has surprised me multiple times. I think next to no one expected Almas to beat Drew at War Games and it happened. I didn't expect Ciampa to beat Black for the NXT title, but it happened. NXT has caught me off guard often times and it's a good thing. Unpredictability in wrestling is needed (for the most part)
It needs the right kind of unpredictability. If you're watching a tag team split, you don't want to be surprised that they've broken up. You want to be sitting there going "is this going to be the last straw?" every week, until it finally happens. The surprise needs to be the 'when', not the 'if'.

In general, I think wrestling needs predictability far more than it needs unpredictability. Else you're just watching random things happen, and that's not interesting. I think it's better to say that wrestling needs uncertainty, you should be able to predict the outcome but not be completely sure that it'll happen.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I don't think there anyone they've signed recently to show off right now, but I could just be forgetting someone.

I think WWE acknowledged that he signed, but not sure if it counts a spoiler (and I'm not sure how big a pop they'd get):

They signed Punishment Martinez and Chelsea Green. WWE.com had an article which had them and others (including Riddle) as the latest round of signings.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So am I just going crazy but didn't the spoilers say the title match was going to be a 3 way with Lars involved.

Also think they should of done 3 Horsewomen vs Kari/Io/Satomeru instead of the rematch. A little burnt out on Shayna vs Kari all though I think the match will deliver.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Speculated but was never official. What happened was Lars beat him on a match after interference from Ciampa.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
So am I just going crazy but didn't the spoilers say the title match was going to be a 3 way with Lars involved.

Also think they should of done 3 Horsewomen vs Kari/Io/Satomeru instead of the rematch. A little burnt out on Shayna vs Kari all though I think the match will deliver.

It was speculated, but they went with Dream vs. Ciampa instead. I feel like Ricochet might losing his NA title to Lars eventually. When that is, I have no clue.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think WWE acknowledged that he signed, but not sure if it counts a spoiler (and I'm not sure how big a pop they'd get):

They signed Punishment Martinez and Chelsea Green. WWE.com had an article which had them and others (including Riddle) as the latest round of signings.
They could be who they show, but they are clearly below the likes of Riddle or Lee so it wouldn't be great.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

This has to be the last part of Shayna vs Kari. The matches have been good, and I've enjoyed it, but I'd like something new.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I for one am looking forward to Sane vs Baszler. They've done an excellent job of protecting both women in these championship matches. The only straight up clean win was Kairi in the MYC.

I look forward to seeing how they end this feud. The easy prediction is Baszler gets the win merely because she still has a good feud with Kai in the wings. But who knows what they do.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
This has to be the last part of Shayna vs Kari. The matches have been good, and I've enjoyed it, but I'd like something new.

I hope Kari wins back the title.

Evans/Evil Candace/Belair and Io are all lined up for her as challangers. Shayna IMO doesn't have much left in NXT and not many face challangers. Unless the plan is for Io to win at the next Takeover.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
It was speculated, but they went with Dream vs. Ciampa instead. I feel like Ricochet might losing his NA title to Lars eventually. When that is, I have no clue.

I could of sworn I read the spoilers that Regal made it a 3 way. Guess I am remembering wrong.

Lars should go to main roster. Not much left for him in NXT and there is enough talent in NXT that needs a push.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad