GDT: NXT Takeover: Brooklyn II - August 20, 2016

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seeing as there is typically a 3 month gap in between the December TakeOver, and the WrestleMania TakeOver, it would be cool to see a NXT Title Match at Fastlane.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They did do a takeover in February two years ago but then didn't at Wrestlemania.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Holy cow! You guys weren't kidding!!

Nakamura's entrance last night was one of the best I have ever seen. I might be overzealous saying this but other than Hogan circa 1980's Hulkamania and Austin around 1999 has anyone else captivated an audience to THAT extent when coming out? Now granted Hogan and Austin did that EVERY night because of how people loved them so.

But I guess my point is that for about 5 minutes last night I think Nakamura managed to at least come close. It makes me wonder how Balor's demon entrance will be responded to tonight.

I'm not sure if I'm saying more about the Brooklyn crowd than I am about Nakamura himself but that was incredible.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Nakamura's entrance last night was one of the best I have ever seen. I might be overzealous saying this but other than Hogan circa 1980's Hulkamania and Austin around 1999 has anyone else captivated an audience to THAT extent when coming out? Now granted Hogan and Austin did that EVERY night because of how people loved them so.

But I guess my point is that for about 5 minutes last night I think Nakamura managed to at least come close. It makes me wonder how Balor's demon entrance will be responded to tonight.

I'm not sure if I'm saying more about the Brooklyn crowd than I am about Nakamura himself but that was incredible.

Definitely agree about Nakamura's entrance. Amazing stuff. But that Brooklyn crowd needs a lot of love, too. They made the night so much fun. They didn't try to takeover anything but they were loud at the right times. They were awesome.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Definitely agree about Nakamura's entrance. Amazing stuff. But that Brooklyn crowd needs a lot of love, too. They made the night so much fun. They didn't try to takeover anything but they were loud at the right times. They were awesome.

It felt like watching the Attitude Era again. If those same fans are back tonight then the roof is gonna blow off the Barclays center.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Nakamura entrance >> Balor entrance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
i haven't seen any videos of her crying or anything, and it seemed that Bayley's curtain call didn't last as long as it should have. Now watching that, I think they're going to have that match first before Bayley leaves. There's no one else who can make Ember Moon (or anyone) look strong enough before they face Asuka.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Hideo/Aries will be incredible.

What an atmosphere last night. Raw and Smackdown can't compete with the NXT feel and atmosphere.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Not sure about you guys, but as a huge classic wrestling guy, I see a lot of Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard in The Revival.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
These live performance entrances are so overrated.

Sarcasm or just trying to be different? I think the entrance is sometimes worth the price of admission. Those 2 entrances from NXT give me chills. I connect and feel like I want to invest my time into those individuals. It makes it feel larger than life.

Nakamura's entrance was out of this world good. I have watched it about 10 times today.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Roode & Nak's entrances are WM quality. Like those 2 entrances alone are better than most WWE ppvs

Revival ... I've been on their bandwagon since the first match I saw of them. They're so far ahead of the rest of the roster in terms of tag team wrestling it's almost disturbing.

Ember moon: nice look, I think they should've given her the black light entrance that Mrs Uso used Tuesday(legit can't remember her name). Great finisher

Aries:been lost in the shuffle, deserves something meaningful. Hopefully he got it.

Bayley: great curtain call
Asuka: needs to be a monster heel eventually imo, as it stands I think they should use an injury angle to take the title off of her eventually and let some others in the division get some momentum before she makes an epic hot return before called up

Which brings me to a question(maybe complaint). Did they change Revival's entrance music for tonight?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
William Regal always says that the audience decides if they care before you get a third of the way down the ramp. Entrance needs to be the best you can make it.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Sarcasm or just trying to be different? I think the entrance is sometimes worth the price of admission. Those 2 entrances from NXT give me chills. I connect and feel like I want to invest my time into those individuals. It makes it feel larger than life.

Nakamura's entrance was out of this world good. I have watched it about 10 times today.
Or maybe it's just my own opinion? Crazy, I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad