GDT: NXT Takeover: Brooklyn II - August 20, 2016

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
vi2vD0J.jpg

• NXT Title match: Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.
  • NXT Women's Title: Asuka vs. Bayley.
  • NXT Tag Titles: The Revival vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa.
  • Bobby Roode vs. Andrade Almas.
  • Austin Aries vs. No Way Jose.
  • Ember Moon vs. Billie Kay.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The OCD designer in me is really bugged by the fact they put a nickname for Joe but not Nakamura.

The balance is all wrong!

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's Nakamura's fault for having such a long name D:.

But I'm hyped for this show. NXT never have a bad Takeovers, and I like everyone on the card. I expect the tag match to be match of the night based on the house shows they've done, but Joe vs Nakamura is gonna be great. Going to be very interesting to see who wins there.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Pumped. I honestly have no clue who's going to win the main event match between Joe and Nakamura, should be a great match. Whole card is good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm gonna walk over in a few minutes. Jfc I'm so excited

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
A college friend of mine asked two months ago if I wanted to go to this; I backed out because I spent two Saturdays in a row going 600 miles and didn't want to do another 200 today. Glad I watched the last two weeks of NXT last week because I was despondent about the product. I don't think this show can live up to the ones in the past, but we'll see:

Andrade Cien Almas vs Bobby Roode: They have completely screwed up Almas so much already, starting with the ridiculous name. Manny Andrade (name he used on house shows before TV debut) would have been fine. They debut him against Dillinger in Full Sail, and those people weren't going to cheer against Ty. Stupid decision. Then his character is totally directionless....and now they are presumably going to job him out to Roode because he has a mildly humorous video gimmick. I do get the sense that I'll like Roode more in-ring than out of ring, kind of the opposite of Aries.

Austin Aries vs No Way Jose: This is the match where I will hang out with my wife.

Billie Kay vs Ember Moon: That Shimmer Factory is churning them out and I am excited for this one because the women's division is going in this direction once Bayley moves up.

Revival vs Gargano/Ciampa: This will be the best match on the show. Can we talk about Revival as tag team of the year? They just routinely churn out excellent matches time after time ever since the London Takeover from last December. I will be looking closely for the sort of cheating they do and whether its more of an homage to Arn and Tully or the Midnight Express.

Bayley vs Asuka: No idea how this will go, because you could give Bayley the win and have her leave after a third match. Maybe I'm just naive, because she is needed on Smackdown right away.

Shinsuke vs Joe: I think Nakamura will be a better opponent and make for a better match than Balor, and I really liked all four matches having been lucky enough to see the title change and all. Curious to see if Nakamura gets "the big entrance" that Balor used to get.

So yeah, more excited for last four matches listed. Not at all excited about Aries and what they are doing to Andrade Cien Almas-Gossellar.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Last year NXT Brooklyn had a WM for NXT vibe going with big entrances and big moments and matches, hoping for that same magic tonight. I'll be able to watch a good chunk of the show tonight before work then I'll watch the main event(s) tomorrow.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This women's evolution special isn't very good.

Some white washing of history and how bad WWE portrayed the women.

To much focus on the Bellas which is odd as they really represent so much of what they are trying to leave behind.

Not much direct input from the horsewomen which is odd.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is the pre-show literally the same event promo played over and over? :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tye Dillinger vs Wesley Blake. Dillinger gets to work face!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad