News Article: NWHL unveil The Toronto 6

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I disagree. Why must the logo perfectly represent the gender? Should the Bovine have utters? What gender was the Atlanta Thrasher? Is the bruin male? Is the Anaheim Duck male?That seems wrong because their logo doesn't seem very vibrant, and most male birds are prettier/more vibrant than the female. What gender is the Colorado Avalanche?

Pretty weird strawman argument, dude . . . or dudette? ;)

I never said the logo must perfectly represent the gender. All your examples don't use an easily identifiable FEMALE though, whereas the bull is an easily identifiable male animal, representing a female team. It just doesn't make sense.

Hopefully you can see that.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Unlike a lot of the earlier posters I don't hate the name at all. Its a little dumb and corny for sure but they'll sell a ton of merch with that name. Like it or not this Drake influenced Toronto culture is real and globally recognized at this point.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Pretty weird strawman argument, dude . . . or dudette? ;)

I never said the logo must perfectly represent the gender. All your examples don't use an easily identifiable FEMALE though, whereas the bull is an easily identifiable male animal, representing a female team. It just doesn't make sense.

Hopefully you can see that.

I'm not at all sincerely trying debate or argue through convincing everyone in this thread to name the team the (WHA) Toronto Toros. I like the uniform, I remember the team through hockey cards.

But I certainly don't think it needs to be dismissed on the basis of pink=girls, and blue=boys. Or an all female hockey team must have a female animal as their logo.

Come on. That's f***ing silly.

I went to The University of Guelph. Half of the intramural hockey teams had "cows"
as their team name/logo. No one gave a sh*t that the cow didn't properly identify with a men's hockey team.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Not a fan of the branding. Feels like a watered down branding for the city of Toronto lifted from Drake lore but I’m not sure if it really speaks to women’s hockey. That colour scheme is also not right for Toronto. Vaguely Raptors but in the hockey world black red white and gold is for the Ottawa Senators.
And then make sure Florida looks sorta like the Senators as the Tampa Bay Lighting jerseys look sorta like the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad