Value of: nurse to the wild

Wildfan24

Nov 20, 2014
nurse is traded to the wild for brodin. might need another cap dump from the Oilers for cap reasons.
nurse signs 4mill x 2 years

even it out the wild can add a pick 3rd or somethi g

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
nurse is traded to the wild for brodin. might need another cap dump from the Oilers for cap reasons.
nurse signs 4mill x 2 years

even it out the wild can add a pick 3rd or somethi g

I want to make sure im following this right.. The wild are trading Brodin and a pick for Nurse and cap dumps?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I’d think oilers fans would want Dumba as the main piece, which is nothing bad going against Brodin. Nurse is a really underrated Dman.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If nurse was willing to sign for 2 x 4 million, i'm pretty sure he'd be under contract already with Edmonton.

Reactions: MC2D

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dumba or no deal, unless you wanna give us Kunin as well and take a cap dump.

Look, I get that you want to keep Nurse and I’m not defending the deal in the OP, but why do you say stuff like this? You have to know it’s going to escalate into a shit show like it usually does when people say stuff like this...

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Look, I get that you want to keep Nurse and I’m not defending the deal in the OP, but why do you say stuff like this? You have to know it’s going to escalate into a **** show like it usually does when people say stuff like this...
I said that because that is what I would want, if you or anyone else disagrees and rejects that, so be it.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I said that because that is what I would want, if you or anyone else disagrees and rejects that, so be it.

I doubt you would be so civil if the next time an Edmonton poster asks for Dumba, a Wild fan says it would take McDavid or Larsson+Draisaitl.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nurse is nowhere near Dumba in value. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Nurse is a weird no man’s land as it pertains to the Wild in that he’s not worth as much as Dumba, but trading him for Brodin and throw ins doesn’t make sense either. We’d just rather not trade him at all.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Nurse is a weird no man’s land as it pertains to the Wild in that he’s not worth as much as Dumba, but trading him for Brodin and throw ins doesn’t make sense either. We’d just rather not trade him at all.
I just think it’s interesting that he’s only worth $3-4m in your eyes. Then you’ve got people claiming they’d only trade him for Dumba. Nothing makes sense.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
4 mill is on the extreme high of what he’ll get. They’ll settle around 3.
On a bridgedeal? Sure
On a longterm deal? He will get a lot more. Edm fans talk about how good he is, young top 4D with potential and think he should sign for 3 million longterm.... Played 22+minutes a game last season, decent possesion stats, solid +- (whatever), decent amount of points. Why shouldnt he get Hanifin money?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I just think it’s interesting that he’s only worth $3-4m in your eyes. Then you’ve got people claiming they’d only trade him for Dumba. Nothing makes sense.

If we had be cap space to sign him long term I’d happily give him along the lines of the Klefbom/Larsson contracts (adjusted for cap increases so in the neighbourhood of 4.3 - 5.0)

For a bridge deal taking him to arbitration, anywhere from 3-4 is fair. For a one year deal give him 3.25 and call him a day.

It’s less about ‘we’d only deal him for Dumba’ and more ‘we’d only deal him for another Nurse or an upgrade’. 23 year old top four defencemen with his upside and physical gifts do not grow on trees.

If it was my show I’d trade Kassian and his 2 mil cap hit to the highest bidder and get Nurse signed long term. I’d then sign Upshall and Chiasson to league min deals who we have coming to camp on PTO’s anyway.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Tempting for sure, especially since I have a sweet spot for Swedish defenceman

Nurse is just going to keep progressing though, hes a workhouse who wants to constantly improve himself. He isnt going anywhere.

Plus Nurse brings more to the table offensively, which is a weakness of ours.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
On a bridgedeal? Sure
On a longterm deal? He will get a lot more. Edm fans talk about how good he is, young top 4D with potential and think he should sign for 3 million longterm.... Played 22+minutes a game last season, decent possesion stats, solid +- (whatever), decent amount of points. Why shouldnt he get Hanifin money?

Calgary overpaid for Hanifin.

The benefit to Nurse in signing a short term deal is if he signs a one or two year deal and kills it he can come back to the table with sufficient ammunition to get 6mil +. There’s probably not much sense for either side to go long term - the Oilers can’t afford it, and Nurse wants to bet on himself like Subban did.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’s less about ‘we’d only deal him for Dumba’ and more ‘we’d only deal him for another Nurse or an upgrade’. 23 year old top four defencemen with his upside and physical gifts do not grow on trees.

Be prepared to deal with a lot of shit. We’ve been saying this with Dumba (even before this year), and have been told he’s hot garbage and will never be worth what we think he is.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I doubt you would be so civil if the next time an Edmonton poster asks for Dumba, a Wild fan says it would take McDavid or Larsson+Draisaitl.
Wait let me get this straight.

You think the difference between Dumb and Nurse. Is the same as Dumba and McDavid.

Honestly you shouldn't even be allowed to post anymore.

Edit: Holy shit I didn't even see the Draisaitl/Larsson part. Because yeah, thats as unreasonable as something around Nurse and Dumba.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Be prepared to deal with a lot of ****. We’ve been saying this with Dumba (even before this year), and have been told he’s hot garbage and will never be worth what we think he is.

Be prepared? We're the freaking Oilers man.

We've been dealing with a lot of shit on this board since we traded Chris Pronger in 2006.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wait let me get this straight.

You think the difference between Dumb and Nurse. Is the same as Dumba and McDavid.

Honestly you shouldn't even be allowed to post anymore.

Edit: Holy **** I didn't even see the Draisaitl/Larsson part. Because yeah, thats as unreasonable as something around Nurse and Dumba.

Yikes, talk about a severe overreaction.

Reactions: BabyPanda

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Be prepared? We're the freaking Oilers man.

We've been dealing with a lot of **** on this board since we traded Chris Pronger in 2006.

We had a Habs fan try to tell us that an unsigned Pacioretty, Andrew Shaw, and Jordie Benn was a fair and reasonable offer for Drai and Puljujarvi. We’re the kings of getting lowballed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad