Value of: nurse to the wild

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I doubt you would be so civil if the next time an Edmonton poster asks for Dumba, a Wild fan says it would take McDavid or Larsson+Draisaitl.
A few did say Dumba would cost Marner to start. It doesn't really matter what people offer...there will always be stupid responses

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Brodin is great and all but he is too much of what we already have on D. I'd trade Nurse for Dumba straight up but I wouldn't blame you for saying no.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
On a bridgedeal? Sure
On a longterm deal? He will get a lot more. Edm fans talk about how good he is, young top 4D with potential and think he should sign for 3 million longterm.... Played 22+minutes a game last season, decent possesion stats, solid +- (whatever), decent amount of points. Why shouldnt he get Hanifin money?
We know he is likely signing a bridge.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I just think it’s interesting that he’s only worth $3-4m in your eyes. Then you’ve got people claiming they’d only trade him for Dumba. Nothing makes sense.
I don't think you can hold him responsible for the opinions of other people...

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Be prepared to deal with a lot of ****. We’ve been saying this with Dumba (even before this year), and have been told he’s hot garbage and will never be worth what we think he is.
When you realise that the majority of everyday posters here are under the age of 18 and play too many video games, it makes it easier to ignore 90% of the shit that gets posted.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
On a bridgedeal? Sure
On a longterm deal? He will get a lot more. Edm fans talk about how good he is, young top 4D with potential and think he should sign for 3 million longterm.... Played 22+minutes a game last season, decent possesion stats, solid +- (whatever), decent amount of points. Why shouldnt he get Hanifin money?
No one thinks he should sign for 3m long term lol. 3m is the number for a bridge, 5m is the number long term.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Calgary overpaid for Hanifin.

The benefit to Nurse in signing a short term deal is if he signs a one or two year deal and kills it he can come back to the table with sufficient ammunition to get 6mil +. There’s probably not much sense for either side to go long term - the Oilers can’t afford it, and Nurse wants to bet on himself like Subban did.
No we didn’t.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
A few did say Dumba would cost Marner to start. It doesn't really matter what people offer...there will always be stupid responses

This all is true . Plus it does not matter what fans offer if the team hasn't made the player available . Chia also refused to move Nurse for Hamilton so I doubt Chia will move him for any lowball offers

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
why would the wild trade brodin or dumba to gamble nurse will be as good as either? they are not a rebuilding team. 6 strait playoffs

The argument could be made that Nurse will be better than Brodin this season if he's not already.
You're right about Dumba though, not a chance.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Brodin is not the type of dman this team needs

I 100% disagree. Brodin's the exact type of player Edmonton needs. They need smart, dependability on the backend. If he was a RD he'd be ideal.

Brodin wins a team more games than Nurse. Not a fan of either teams, but I wouldn't do Brodin for Nurse if I was the Wild.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
why the shit would we trade brodin for nurse and take a cap dump?! and a pick?!

what the hell? I'm losing my mind.

fwiw i see reasons not to do it for the Oilers but that doesn't automatically mean there ARE reasons to do it for the Wild.

Reactions: 2Pair

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Be prepared to deal with a lot of ****. We’ve been saying this with Dumba (even before this year), and have been told he’s hot garbage and will never be worth what we think he is.
Dumba was hot garbage before this year with massive warts. Overrated as hell and a playoff no show.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Dumba was hot garbage before this year with massive warts. Overrated as hell and a playoff no show.

He started out hot garbage but steadily, obviously, improved and passed the "step up" test with flying colors when injuries crushed our D last season. Not one of those guys who looks phenomenal with sheltered zone starts and a ton of PP time but sucks at ES vs quality competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad