Proposal: Nurse+ to ARZ / OEL+Hall to EDM

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Assuming Kessel waives. Fair point on OEL and Crouse, but that's why we're negotiating here.
Personally, I’d do Nurse+2020 1st for OEL. I’d add Hall’s rights to that. Most Coyotes fans wouldn’t like it, but I’d probably do Nurse+14th overall for OEL and Hall’s rights.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Personally, I’d do Nurse+2020 1st for OEL. I’d add Hall’s rights to that. Most Coyotes fans wouldn’t like it, but I’d probably do Nurse+14th overall for OEL and Hall’s rights.

I'd consider this as well. :)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

That's a really soft, unrealistic return for OEL. Hall's rights have 0 value.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Fine, assuming Kessel wants to go to Edmonton. Do you want to add Chiasson/Russell/Kassian for another asset?

Depends if you're retaining on OEL or not. If you are, then there is no need to add a cap dump from our side. If not, then we'd have to throw Larsson or Chiasson in there out of necessity.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Depends if you're retaining on OEL or not. If you are, then there is no need to add a cap dump from our side. If not, then we'd have to throw Larsson or Chiasson in there out of necessity.

No retention, not realistic to tie up a much needed slot for that long. I'll take your dump but I want Puljujarvi for it.

rt

May 13, 2004
That's a really soft, unrealistic return for OEL. Hall's rights have 0 value.
Meh. Hall’s rights (sans negotiation window) might be worth a 4th.

Pretty good shot Nurse gets us a first at the deadline. 14th overall this draft and a pick in the 20s next draft for OEL? Seems...okay...to me. Not great. But helps recoup what we’ve lost.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No retention, not realistic to tie up a much needed slot for that long. I'll take your dump but I want Puljujarvi for it.

I'd consider Puljujarvi if you also retained on Kessel OR added Crouse.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Meh. Hall’s rights (sans negotiation window) might be worth a 4th.

Pretty good shot Nurse gets us a first at the deadline. 14th overall this draft and a pick in the 20s next draft for OEL? Seems...okay...to me. Not great. But helps recoup what we’ve lost.

Nurse is just as likely to get a 1st at the deadline if you also get a fair return for OEL in the first place.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'll do 20% of Kessel.

I'd probably do it, but I feel like you would have to add another smaller asset because Puljujarvi does still have some value beyond just collateral for a cap dump.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'd probably do it, but I feel like you would have to add another smaller asset because Puljujarvi does still have some value beyond just collateral for a cap dump.

If I retain enough on Kessel he starts to have value. If you feel slightly icky then you know the trade is just about fair.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If I retain enough on Kessel he starts to have value. If you feel slightly icky then you know the trade is just about fair.

I dunno, I kind of want to get Crouse now. ;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I still prefer @rt 's deal btw ;)

Nurse + 1st

for

OEL + Hall's rights (unsigned)

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Why would Hall do that though
Hall's contract has no protection, so he can't veto any trade of his UFA rights. If he doesn't want to sign with Arizona, the most he can receive from other teams is a 7 year contract. Now Edmonton could offer an 8 year contract. Advantage? :dunno:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hall's contract has no protection, so he can't veto any trade of his UFA rights. If he doesn't want to sign with Arizona, the most he can receive from other teams is a 7 year contract. Now Edmonton could offer an 8 year contract. Advantage? :dunno:

And Hall signs a 3 year, 7M contract for the reasons you just listed?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
And Hall signs a 3 year, 7M contract for the reasons you just listed?
every fan base seems to think they should be the desired destination for every fa. i personally don't see it with edmonton and hall. if edmonton wants to offer only a three contract dealing for the ufa rights has zero impact. if he wants to play for edmonton's offer he will sign with them, if not, he will choose another offer.
dealing ufa rights is basically pointless. philadelphia paid a 5th and signed hayes to a 7x7m contract. the same contract they could have offered him in free agency.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I can't see Holland dealing Broberg at all at this point. He has done everything the team wants of him development-wise. It makes no sense for OEL to come here. He is moving away from his prime years and is signed long term into his 30s at $8.25 Million AAV. The Oilers are getting a legit 1D but with declining ability. That doesn't make sense for the team moving forward. And they're giving up a lot for him.

Perhaps a team closer to being a Stanley cup contender next year should be Arizona's target.

Reactions: Darkwinter

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
How about this alteration (not really interested in Hall)

To EDM: OEL, Stepan (50% retained),

To ARI: Klefbom, Chiasson, 2021 1st

I don't think there's much of a gap between Klefbom and OEL when you consider age and contracts and what the Yotes are trying to achieve (if they're actually moving OEL). They still recoup a 1st for next year and pay 1/2 the price for someone who is provides roughly 80% the performance. The Oil get a RH shot center in Stepan who is good defensively and should put up 35ish points as a 3C. OEL played his best hockey under Tippet, Adam Larsson played his best hockey at the WC paired with OEL; we'd hope they can rekindle that chemistry for an extended period of time. The cap would look out of whack for us in this solitary move, but I do believe Russell can be convinced to retire after his 2.5mil bonus is paid out (vs get traded a destination he doesn't want to go).

rt

May 13, 2004
How about this alteration (not really interested in Hall)

To EDM: OEL, Stepan (50% retained),

To ARI: Klefbom, Chiasson, 2021 1st

I don't think there's much of a gap between Klefbom and OEL when you consider age and contracts and what the Yotes are trying to achieve (if they're actually moving OEL). They still recoup a 1st for next year and pay 1/2 the price for someone who is provides roughly 80% the performance. The Oil get a RH shot center in Stepan who is good defensively and should put up 35ish points as a 3C. OEL played his best hockey under Tippet, Adam Larsson played his best hockey at the WC paired with OEL; we'd hope they can rekindle that chemistry for an extended period of time. The cap would look out of whack for us in this solitary move, but I do believe Russell can be convinced to retire after his 2.5mil bonus is paid out (vs get traded a destination he doesn't want to go).
I would do this if the first were 2020 rather than 2021.

EDIT: oops. Saw Klefbom and read Broberg.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Oilers don't need more big money contracts. They need to be making deals like the Fabbri deal or the Kapanen deal. Quality players who can contribute, not more superstars. Two 20 goal scorers rather than one 40 goal scorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad