Proposal: Nurse+ to ARZ / OEL+Hall to EDM

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It might be cheaper to trade for Neal and buy him out.

It's a wash money wise. Buying out Neal is better for the cap but neither is super consequential because the Coyotes aren't likely to be near it after tearing down.

Flipping Kessel@50% is much easier on the pocketbook.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Am I missing something? Is Darnell Nurse a superstar or has OEL fallen off of a cliff in terms of value? Also, I’d imagine that Hall asking for 8m x 7 years isn’t completely unrealistic. I get flat cap and all but Panarin just signed for a boatload more at the same cap % essentially.

I’m not saying Hall is as good as Panarin. But he’s a high level player still. You pay for that generally

Hall isn't getting 8M x 7 years, IMO. There are many issues at play, including:

1. He's scored less than PPG recently. The benchmark for elite-level players worthy of those kinds of contracts is higher now due to increased scoring around the league.

2. He's injury prone, which reduces the likelihood of him getting a long-term contract like 7 years.

3. COVID and economic uncertainty.

4. COVID and economic uncertainty.

5. COVID and economic uncertainty.

It's a bad year to be a UFA.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's a wash money wise. Buying out Neal is better for the cap but neither is super consequential because the Coyotes aren't likely to be near it after tearing down.

Flipping Kessel@50% is much easier on the pocketbook.

That's fair.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm not even discussing that because it's fantasy land. OEL and Fish for Nurse, Broberg, and the first. I 'd take up to 3-4M back in a dump if I absolutely had to. Nurse and Russel actually lets them lose cap, and add OEL at the same time. It's ridiculous to think we're retaining on some other deal for a top-6 forward top of that.

Tipp and Holland are more interested in adding OEL than AZ is going to be in sending OEL specifically to the Oilers.

Let's simplify it.

Nurse, Kassian, Larsson, Puljujarvi, 1st

OEL, Crouse, Fischer

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Let's simplify it.

Nurse, Kassian, Larsson, Puljujarvi, 1st

OEL, Crouse, Fischer
Would not trade OEL for that package. Two dmen with no control. A dump. A mid-round first. And a suspect prospect (who I actually like, but doesn't touch a top pairing D).

Quality, not quantity.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So you think a conditional first three years from now moves the needle?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
What if we included a conditional first on Nurse re-signing?

One of Bouchard/McLeod/Broberg needs to be holding that piece of paper. I don't know why you keep putting Larsson in the deal. Sell him elsewhere, he doesn't have value in this sort of transaction.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
One of Bouchard/McLeod/Broberg needs to be holding that piece of paper. I don't know why you keep putting Larsson in the deal. Sell him elsewhere, he doesn't have value in this sort of transaction.

McLeod isn't on the same level as the defensemen, he shouldn't be in that option. He could be included as another piece though, maybe in place of Puljujarvi

Nurse
Kassian (I don't know why)
Bouchard/Broberg
Puljujarvi/McLeod
1st

Reactions: _Del_

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Larsson is a cap dump.

I'd include McLeod easily.

Nurse, McLeod, Kassian, Larsson, 1st

OEL, Crouse, Fischer

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
McLeod isn't on the same level as the defensemen, he shouldn't be in that option. He could be included as another piece though, maybe in place of Puljujarvi

Nurse
Kassian (I don't know why)
Bouchard/Broberg
Puljujarvi/McLeod
1st

What is this an offer for?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What is this an offer for?

The OEL, Crouse, Fischer package I think. I don't know, I keep getting confused by OP juggling players in and out and changing the terms.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hall’s rights are one thing. Wouldn’t explore some unprecedented sign and trade with retention circumvention scheme. We’ve been penalized for enough draft picks.

Also, I don’t have any interest in Larsson, at all.

Finally, the deal (with the above changes) is still missing the 2021 1st.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So we're taking two cap dumps and you're getting 5+M in bonus cap space, and you're still offering a first and a middling prospect and two years of Nurse :biglaugh:

Alright, let's up the stakes:

Nurse, Broberg/Bouchard, Neal, 1st

OEL (retained), Kessel, Crouse

The kicker here is you guys would have to retain on OEL for 7 years.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The OEL, Crouse, Fischer package I think. I don't know, I keep getting confused by OP juggling players in and out and changing the terms.

I consider Nurse your transactional cost. He has to go to make the money work and he's not a controlled asset, plus he's basically losing his spot. If you need to dump Larsson, do it somewhere else. He is of zero value in the trade. The Coyotes can take him, but he doesn't count for or against any value. If you feel bad about that, don't put him in the deal and get some value elsewhere.

The base' is really OEL+Fischer+Hall's rights for Nurse, Broberg or Bouchard, 2020 1st.

If you want to juice the deal from there, you can. The Coyotes will take additional dumps. Larsson for free, or you can start adding assets in for Kassian/Russell. If you want Crouse AND a dump, the add better be of value.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Wouldn’t retain on a deal as long as OEL’s. Kessel has a NMC. Coyotes dont need to be dealing young players like Crouse.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Wouldn’t retain on a deal as long as OEL’s. Kessel has a NMC. Coyotes dont need to be dealing young players like Crouse.

Assuming Kessel waives. Fair point on OEL and Crouse, but that's why we're negotiating here.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I consider Nurse your transactional cost. He has to go to make the money work and he's not a controlled asset, plus he's basically losing his spot. If you need to dump Larsson, do it somewhere else. He is of zero value in the trade. The Coyotes can take him, but he doesn't count for or against any value. If you feel bad about that, don't put him in the deal and get some value elsewhere.

The base' is really OEL+Fischer+Hall's rights for Nurse, Broberg or Bouchard, 2020 1st.

If you want to juice the deal from there, you can. The Coyotes will take additional dumps. Larsson for free, or you can start adding assets in for Kassian/Russell. If you want Crouse AND a dump, the add better be of value.

I'm not an Oilers fan. I was fixing the package that was talked about for OEL, Crouse and Fischer.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Feels like you're going backwards here.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Assuming Kessel waives. Fair point on OEL and Crouse, but that's why we're negotiating here.

Dave Tippett willingly surrendered a 2nd round pick for absolutely no reason because he enjoyed skating Crouse on the 4th line so much. I am not joking when I say he loves Crouse. He's not a throw in.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Dave Tippett willingly surrendered a 2nd round pick for absolutely no reason because he enjoyed skating Crouse on the 4th line so much. I am not joking when I say he loves Crouse. He's not a throw in.

Fine, we'll fire Tippett before the trade.

Deal?

;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad