Proposal: Nurse+ to ARZ / OEL+Hall to EDM

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Coyotes poster @rt and I were kind of discussing this tonight, not sure if we ever came to a full agreement or not, but the basic framework is something like this:

EDITED AFTER "NEGOTIATIONS"

Proposal 1:

Nurse + Bouchard/Broberg + Neal + 1st + cap dump

for

OEL + Kessel (retained) + Fischer

Proposal 2: (@rt 's proposal)

Nurse + 1st

for

OEL + Hall's rights

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He likes playing in Edmonton. This way he'd still get his 7M per year but the Oilers would maintain a degree of cap flexibility.

Does he? Enough to take a lot less money and a lot less term?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Does he? Enough to take a lot less money and a lot less term?

I'm not sure he gets much more in this flat cap environment and a uncertain economic future ahead.

And yes, he's hinted he would be open to coming back to Edmonton.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not sure he gets much more in this flat cap environment and a uncertain economic future ahead.

And yes, he's hinted he would be open to coming back to Edmonton.

I'm certain he gets more than 3x7 regardless of the environment.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm certain he gets more than 3x7 regardless of the environment.

I wouldn't bet on it. He's less than PPG recently and is injury prone. Combine that with everything else going on and I think he gets less than what you think. Plus he literally said in an interview a week ago that money isn't really a huge factor for him anymore.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wouldn't bet on it. He's less than PPG recently and is injury prone. Combine that with everything else going on and I think he gets less than what you think. Plus he literally said in an interview a week ago that money isn't really a huge factor for him anymore.

You want to?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
More than 3 years and 7M

8M x 5 years? I doubt it.

7.5 x 5? Maybe.

Who has the cap space to do that though? Colorado does, but Sakic is smart enough to know that he has big contract extensions coming up for key players and won't handicap himself for 5 years.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
8M x 5 years? I doubt it.

7.5 x 5? Maybe.

Who has the cap space to do that though? Colorado does, but Sakic is smart enough to know that he has big contract extensions coming up for key players and won't handicap himself for 5 years.

So you do or don't want to be he'll get more than 3x7?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Give me a number first.

>3x7M

I'm not going to try to come up with an arbitrary number to bet on it. You said he won't get more than 3x7, I'm saying he will.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm not going to try to come up with an arbitrary number to bet on it. You said he won't get more than 3x7, I'm saying he will.

It won't break the proposal, I'm flexible with the amount (up to a limit).

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Ignoring the whole Hall choice to play in EDM under market value aspect to this, ... AZ sends OEL, Hall@$4M, and Fischer to Edmonton and in return they manage to get Nurse (2yrs from UFA), a Larsson rental, a first rounder, and a cap dump?

Get the drinking monkey away from the keyboard for the night, rt!

Reactions: Barnaby and AKL

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think he wants at least 45 mil guaranteed. Divvy it up in years however you want. That's 5.6 over 8.

I don't think he's getting 45M. That's something like 9M x 5, which he almost certainly won't get now because of the flat cap and economic uncertainty. And I'm not sure anybody gives him anything over 5 years in term due to his injury history.

30-35M is more reasonable. I could see 7M x 5 as a upper limit.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ignoring the whole Hall choice to play in EDM under market value aspect to this, ... AZ sends OEL, Hall@$4M, and Fischer to Edmonton and in return they manage to get Nurse (2yrs from UFA), a Larsson rental, a first rounder, and a cap dump?

Get the drinking monkey away from the keyboard for the night, rt!

To be fair to @rt , we were just throwing ideas back and forth. Nothing was agreed upon I don't think.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
To be fair to @rt , we were just throwing ideas back and forth. Nothing was agreed upon I don't think.

Change Larsson to Russell and put Bouchard or Broberg in the deal. The Coyotes need a U25 asset.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Change Larsson to Russell and put Bouchard or Broberg in the deal. The Coyotes need a U25 asset.

Russell has a modified NTC which he likely wouldn't waive for Arizona, unfortunately.

Instead of Bouchard/Broberg, I'd counter with Puljujarvi + Samorukov. It's obviously not the same value, but I think adding Bouchard/Broberg would be overkill for the Oilers (granted I am biased).

Reactions: spaghtti

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Russell has a modified NTC which he likely wouldn't waive for Arizona, unfortunately.

Instead of Bouchard/Broberg, I'd counter with Puljujarvi + Samorukov. It's obviously not the same value, but I think adding Bouchard/Broberg would be overkill for the Oilers (granted I am biased).

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad