Recalled/Assigned: Nurse recalled + Griffin Reinhart on IR

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Yikes!!! Man, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Chia and Mclelland meet privately.

Tmac: "Can you ****ing believe the D-corp and D-depth these clowns left us with?"

Chia: "I can't. No wonder we got hired"

yup, for some oddball reason the previous management team seemed allergic to drafting right handed d-men, drafting potential top end d-men (Nurse aside) and drafting potential top goalies. :shakehead

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
yup, for some oddball reason the previous management team seemed allergic to drafting right handed d-men, drafting potential top end d-men (Nurse aside) and drafting potential top goalies. :shakehead

Think of all those picks wasted between 2010 to now from the 3nd round on. Instead of drafting BPA they were drafting players with bottom six potential because the top six was set in stone. What a horrible drafting strategy.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 3m3 minutes ago
Nurse paired with Klefbom as Oilers 2nd pair. I like it. Much of the #Oilers improvement in the future hinges on play of those two.

Excellent, excellent. I wonder whos playing right hand side?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

The only time you can really say they screwed up bad was not taking Gibson - that Musil draft will hurt for awhile.

Aside from that who should they have taken?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So I guess Ference has seen his last NHL game then.

I don't necessarily think that's the case. But it's gotta suck for him that he's essentially the #9 d-man with this call-up. Two injuries and he's not getting in. Ouch.

Regardless of his ability as a player at this stage, I feel a bit for him. Can't be easy knowing that no matter what kind of shape you're in, or how healthy, you're just no longer physically capable of playing at this level.

I suppose the $7 million dollars he's going to earn over this year and the next helps take the sting off things though...

Oct 30, 2011
No offense to JS, but i prefer Klefbom as the point shot on the pp. JS is too busy looking for the perfect play. i would do klefbom -nurse and gryba -sekera

McDeathbyCheerios*

Klefbom is. I'm a tiny bit concerned because he didn't look very comfortable on the right at the Worlds.
His problem at worlds is OEL is a very offense first type guy and was basically playing like a 4th forward leaving Klefbom alone defensively.

McDeathbyCheerios*

No offense to JS, but i prefer Klefbom as the point shot on the pp. JS is too busy looking for the perfect play. i would do klefbom -nurse and gryba -sekera
Nurse and Klefbom both have good shots... Could be fun to see

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
so if your shot isnt like Weber it is average? :S

Bad comparison but Nurse's shot really isn't hard tho. Nikitin, Kelf and Reinhart all have harder shots. Even their shots are nothing to be wow about. We need a guy who can hammer the puck that puts fear into opposing D's.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

I couldn't agree more. Sekera tends to do the same too which is a big problem on our PPs. Neither guy is comfortable with their shots it seems unless the play is set.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Hoping Nurse plays lights out so that when we're fully healthy, there will be some tough decisions to make.

ehhteen

5-14-6-1
Jan 15, 2010
Connor's Place
Hoping Nurse plays lights out so that when we're fully healthy, there will be some tough decisions to make.
Plays well enough to ship out Fayne.

Then we run with:

Sekera - Schultz
Nurse - Klefbom (could potentially be our Oduya - Hjalmarsson)
Reinhart - Gryba
Davidson

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Then we run with:

Sekera - Schultz
Reinhart - Gryba
Davidson

I doubt that and I certainly hope that Chia isn't that short sighted.
If Fayne gets moved out, it needs to be for a veteran upgrade.

Anyway, the Klefbom-Nurse pairing is intriguing although I'd prefer to see Nurse with Gryba. I'm guessing that Nurse gets a game or two then sent down once Schultz is ready.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

Then we run with:

Sekera - Schultz
Reinhart - Gryba
Davidson

If Sekera can start playing as advertised thats starting to look like an ok D-Corps

Could use an upgrade on Davidson though

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't necessarily think that's the case. But it's gotta suck for him that he's essentially the #9 d-man with this call-up. Two injuries and he's not getting in. Ouch.

Regardless of his ability as a player at this stage, I feel a bit for him. Can't be easy knowing that no matter what kind of shape you're in, or how healthy, you're just no longer physically capable of playing at this level.

I suppose the $7 million dollars he's going to earn over this year and the next helps take the sting off things though...

lol, yeah i bet it does

agree with your post as a whole though, ference is nothing but a stand up guy, i do feel bad for him as the game has very clearly passed him by

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I really like the skill sets and way those two compliment (Nurse & Klefbom) each other but damn this is going to be a trial by fire. Klefbom has been struggling recently so this is just going to hurt bad having him play his off side with Nurse still a rookie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad