Recalled/Assigned: Nurse recalled + Griffin Reinhart on IR

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
Woo-hoo to Nurse.

Worried about Reinhart, what on earth is bad enough to IR him? We haven't heart squat.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Interesting. Good opportunity for him, hopefully he does well.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
Thought he was going to return this week going from his interview today on OilersTV. Maybe it got worse?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

It's against rules to just "IR" him for a spots sake... hmm... Guess we wait for more info.

I feel comfortable with a Nurse/Gryba playing, the way Gryba has been defensively.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm pretty stoked to see what Nurse can do this time around. Hopefully he does well, and odds are he will

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Woo-hoo to Nurse.

Worried about Reinhart, what on earth is bad enough to IR him? We haven't heart squat.

It might just be in case Reinhart can't play in Minnesota. I think I heard Reinhart was going on the trip, so it's probably a game time decision. It's possible that Nurse may not even play a game.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Players can be placed on IR retroactively, right? So Reinhart isn't necessarily a long ways away from returning?

Excited to see how Nurse does in any case. :yo:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The D-core did look a little sick the past 2 games, best to call in a Nurse

Hes probaly itching to make it full time, hopefully he doesnt try to do too much.

Id love for him to take this chance and run with it

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
Players can be placed on IR retroactively, right? So Reinhart isn't necessarily a long ways away from returning?

Excited to see how Nurse does in any case. :yo:

That's correct. And he missed his first game October 21 so he could be back as soon as Oct. 29.

McLellan said today that Reinhart won't play Tuesday no matter what so not a really big deal here.

Last edited:

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton
I didnt think he was really that great in the AHL so far this year. I wish they kept him down there, but I guess give him a few games and send him down after if it doesn't work out

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Pretty confused at this point why they're still bothering with Davidson. There is nothing that can be done with Ference. He's got a NMC so he can't be sent to the minors and even if he was willing to go to another team, no one would want him.

But if Davidson isn't good enough to fill in for injury, why are we worried about waivers with him?

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Just heard the good news but with shultz and reinhart out things won't improve much if we have to play ference and Davidson

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
This is where Nurse plays lights out for 2 games and that will make it impossible for Oilers to send him down. Will force a trade or waivers.

to start

Klefbom - Sekera
Nurse - Gryba
Davidson - Fayne

when healthy

Klefbom - Sekera
Nurse - Schultz
Reinhart - Gryba
Ference - (stuck with him till june)
Davidson - (waivers unless Fayne is traded)
Fayne - (traded or subs in and out of bottom pair)

Last edited:

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
This is where Nurse plays lights out for 2 games and that will make it impossible for Oilers to send him down. Will force a trade or waivers.

to start

Klefbom - Sekera
Nurse - Gryba
Davidson - Fayne

when healthy

Klefbom - Sekera
Nurse - Sekera
Reinhart - Gryba
Ference - (stuck with him till june)
Davidson - (waivers unless Fayne is traded)
Fayne - (traded or subs in and out of bottom pair)

I mean, I'm vaguely unimpressed with Sekera but maybe double pairing him up will crack open that #1 dman

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
It would seem Schultz is out... in that case, both Gyrba and Nurse will be on this defence, the Wild forwards could be in for a long night :popcorn:

I‘d rather play them separately

Klefbom-Sekera
Nurse-Fayne
Davidson-Gryba

Not going to lie, not really missing Schultz. I'm looking forward to seeing what Klefbom and Sekera can do with more pp time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad