Injury Report: Nurse, get a Nurse for Nurse

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Every team in the league's defense takes a hit if it loses 2 of its top 3 left defensemen, especially if one of them is your number 1 for either side. When your number four LD becomes your number two, of course that looks a lot worse.

As a group of six. If you lose your 1 and 6, all the sudden your 7 is a 5.

I don't think theres much different from our 3 to our 10 in the D batting order, so this only hurts because it takes out our only legitimate top pair all-situations D-man. We could afford to lose most other guys. Broberg is as good as anyone 4-8 in our batting order so who cares. Its about the critical minutes, the hero minutes. That is going to be tough slog unless we just dominate games offensively and stay on tilt. Which is possible given the upcoming opponents.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Black McDog = Rishaug?
200.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So where's this report that the Injury was nagging or happened before last game? I can't find anything.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I have it on good authority that if you post a pic or Twitter link or stat about the actual topic without any words that it means you are not a fan of the team and a flaming troll.

Be better.lmao.

I have been posting regular media information on Oiler and Oiler related injuries for a year now in the pinned Injury Thread. Thought this information would be pertinent in the Nurse injury thread as well.

Be better. Especially for a moderator.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nurse cracked his finger in Overtime as per Tippet. Just to clear that up, he hasn’t been playing through injury. So I wonder now if it’s on that play he tried to break out while PKing and got stripped. Any one got a replay of that turnover?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Nurse cracked his finger in Overtime as per Tippet. Just to clear that up, he hasn’t been playing through injury. So I wonder now if it’s on that play he tried to break out while PKing and got stripped. Any one got a replay of that turnover?
The whole OT is here. He bumps into Ceci with 4:37 left and blocks a shot about thirty seconds later. It doesn't look like anything else happens to him on camera the rest of the period.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
At least 2-3 weeks seems relatively short for a cracked finger. Could be worse I guess

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The whole OT is here. He bumps into Ceci with 4:37 left and blocks a shot about thirty seconds later. It doesn't look like anything else happens to him on camera the rest of the period.

Yeh I watched it and was trying to identify which play hurt his hand. Thought maybe Scheiffle graving his hand with the stick right before the Ceci bump but that seems a bit too weak to do damage. The shot went right towards his hand, but I don’t know if it goes right under him or deflects off his hand and goes under him.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I have been posting regular media information on Oiler and Oiler related injuries for a year now in the pinned Injury Thread. Thought this information would be pertinent in the Nurse injury thread as well.

Be better. Especially for a moderator.
I was totally joking. My bad.

It was absolutely pertinent.. i do wonder what 1 mill can get in a pinch.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
At least 2-3 weeks seems relatively short for a cracked finger. Could be worse I guess
Glad it's a finger! Relatively predictable timeline and recovery vs a groin or muscle or concussion.

I wonder how long it was broke... he was bad in the OT and it was obvious (now). But he's been a bit off for awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad